[BIO/CHILD] The Story of John Wesley Told to Boys and Girls by Marianne Kirlew - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

JayKitty76 wrote: September 4th, 2018, 3:23 pm Hi,
Here is chapter 2 ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/storyjohnwesley_02_kirlew_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
~JayKitty76
Thanks for our first recording! And, what is the file length?
I'll put it in the MW, but we are sill looking for a DPL.
~ Larry
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

I'd like to claim DPL for this project, if I may.

Section 2 has a Checker warning for volume which is 84.7 dB instead of the 86-92 dB that is the norm. Once the volume is adjusted, it will be PL OK.

T
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

silverquill wrote: September 4th, 2018, 8:51 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: September 4th, 2018, 3:23 pm Hi,
Here is chapter 2 ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/storyjohnwesley_02_kirlew_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
~JayKitty76
Thanks for our first recording! And, what is the file length?
I'll put it in the MW, but we are sill looking for a DPL.
Hi,
The file length is 04:53. Thank you,
~JayKitty76
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

terrybenn wrote: September 5th, 2018, 11:34 am I'd like to claim DPL for this project, if I may.

Section 2 has a Checker warning for volume which is 84.7 dB instead of the 86-92 dB that is the norm. Once the volume is adjusted, it will be PL OK.

T
Thanks for the PL notes terrybenn. Just checking, how do I fix the volume?
Thanks.
~JayKitty76
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Here is chapter 3 ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/storyjohnwesley_03_kirlew_128kb.mp3

Hopefully the noise reduction is ok.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

JayKitty76 wrote: September 5th, 2018, 3:03 pm Here is chapter 3 ready for PL:

Okay, I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.
You forgot to include the file length again.
And this one is also too low in volume at only 83.6 dB. The target for LV recordings is 89 dB with an acceptable range of 86-92 dB. We use a little program written for LV called "Checker." You can find out more about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker This will give you an exact measurement of the volume, file length and other LV specs.

Adjusting the volume is easy in Audacity. Go to the Effects drop-down menu and select Amplification. Highlight the entire recording and fill in the value needed to bring the volume closer to the traget. In the case here it would be about + 5.4/
TJem, save the file under the same name and upload it again and post a note here for checking.

Let me know if you have an further questions. We're all here to help.
~ Larry
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

File 3 is word perfect, so it only needs the volume adjusted.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

silverquill wrote: September 6th, 2018, 9:49 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: September 5th, 2018, 3:03 pm Here is chapter 3 ready for PL:

Okay, I've put this in the MW Ready for PL.
You forgot to include the file length again.
And this one is also too low in volume at only 83.6 dB. The target for LV recordings is 89 dB with an acceptable range of 86-92 dB. We use a little program written for LV called "Checker." You can find out more about it here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker This will give you an exact measurement of the volume, file length and other LV specs.

Adjusting the volume is easy in Audacity. Go to the Effects drop-down menu and select Amplification. Highlight the entire recording and fill in the value needed to bring the volume closer to the traget. In the case here it would be about + 5.4/
TJem, save the file under the same name and upload it again and post a note here for checking.

Let me know if you have an further questions. We're all here to help.
Thanks, this helps a lot. Sorry, the file length is 03:34, I'll try to remember to include it in my upload-notifying posts. I will change the volume on both files- I use Audacity- and I'm happy to hear chapter 3 is word perfect. Thanks for the help,
~JayKitty76
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I could dpl this.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I've just listened to sections 2 and 3 straight through, as I've never heard them before, and found them PL OK. I won't try to go into the MW until I'm approved as dpl.

Edit: Oh, I've just seen terryben's request to dpl this. I clicked through to this project from Larry's signature on another project that still says this project needs a dpl. I'll bow out but am available if needed.
Pattymarie
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

pattymarie wrote: September 8th, 2018, 12:02 pm Oh, I've just seen terryben's request to dpl this. I clicked through to this project from Larry's signature on another project that still says this project needs a dpl. I'll bow out but am available if needed.
Actually, if pattymarie would like to dpl this, I have no objections. I stepped up because no one else had. I've gotten a couple of requests today that I could help with instead to get some things finished off. Its only because the project is just getting started and she's listened to what's ready that I'm suggesting it. There shouldn't be a major impact on the project and I'm always here to help if needed. Let me know.

T
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

terrybenn wrote: September 8th, 2018, 3:55 pm
pattymarie wrote: September 8th, 2018, 12:02 pm Oh, I've just seen terryben's request to dpl this. I clicked through to this project from Larry's signature on another project that still says this project needs a dpl. I'll bow out but am available if needed.
Actually, if pattymarie would like to dpl this, I have no objections. I stepped up because no one else had. I've gotten a couple of requests today that I could help with instead to get some things finished off. Its only because the project is just getting started and she's listened to what's ready that I'm suggesting it. There shouldn't be a major impact on the project and I'm always here to help if needed. Let me know.

T
I stepped in for the same reason, though I certainly wouldn't mind learning about the life of John Wesley. I'll go ahead with the four files Devorah (mightyfelix) has uploaded and post a report but still wait for Larry to take action before approaching the MW.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 6 through 9 are PL OK. Thanks, Devorah.
Pattymarie