COMPLETE: The Topaz Story Book by Ada and Eleanor Skinner, eds. - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Kitty wrote: September 5th, 2018, 3:34 am

Terry, I just noticed, you forgot to mark my first submission as PL ok in the MW.

Sonia
Sonia,

I can't mark anything in the MW. I'm sure Nedge will get it when she comes online.

T
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

terrybenn wrote: September 5th, 2018, 6:49 am I can't mark anything in the MW. I'm sure Nedge will get it when she comes online.
oh yes, you should be able to access the MW. In every project where you are DPL you are in charge of changing the sections to PL ok once you checked them.

here's how you do it:

Click on "BC Admin" underneath the MW. Maybe it won't let you in with your current password, then simply click on "forgot password" and you'll get a new one to enter the MW. Once you're in there, you click on the drop-down menu in the last column and change the setting to PL ok.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Sonia, I marked #2 as OK, and put in your next selection. I am looking forward to reading my two, but have a few irons in the fire right now! They will be my reward for getting the boring things done. :)

Terry, you can also, once you get in to the MW, mark things as "PL OK, etc. Go to the right column, click on the box, and there is a drop-down window which will give you all of the choices. I'll try to keep up with it, but if you get to some, that would be wonderful.

Nan
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nedge wrote: September 5th, 2018, 8:35 am Sonia, I marked #2 as OK, and put in your next selection. I am looking forward to reading my two, but have a few irons in the fire right now! They will be my reward for getting the boring things done. :)
thank you, Nan. And you really have started a wonderful collection here, I really enjoy these little stories :9: I'll probably come back for a few more later on

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

terrybenn wrote: September 5th, 2018, 6:49 am
Kitty wrote: September 5th, 2018, 3:34 am

Terry, I just noticed, you forgot to mark my first submission as PL ok in the MW.

Sonia
Sonia,

I can't mark anything in the MW. I'm sure Nedge will get it when she comes online.

T
Hi Terry,

Have you previously logged into the workflow system and updated the MW for another project? If so, just use the same password you set up for the workflow system (not your forum password) to access the MW for this project and any other SW here you are the DPL. If not, let me know and I will PM you some instructions.
Jo
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here are a few more little ones. I have the rest recorded, but this is all I can do tonight, and leave early in the morning to be traveling for several days.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_07_skinner_128kb.mp3 1:33
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_14_skinner_128kb.mp3 1:04
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_15_skinner_128kb.mp3 0:26
~ Larry
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Great progress! Kitty, Silverquill, Foon, Terrybenn, I think I have everything in to the MW and marked "Ready for PL."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is another one of mine :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_60_skinner_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 6:13 min.

these stories are so sweet. Can I claim one more please: 49 Mrs. Bunny's Dinner Party. I will record it with my own little pet bunny lying next to me and listening. She likes to do that while I record. :9:

Sonia
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Can I also have section 74, The Queer Little Baker Man?

Sure, Nan -- it's yours.

Thank you!

Not a problem.

Nan

:D
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Hey, Nan,

There's a mix up in the MW. Section 14 has the recording for 15 in it.

Section 15 has the file for 16 in it.

Silverquill recorded both of these; however, Section 16 says its assigned to SlickWiggler.

T

(Edit:) Okay, I have it figured out now. Silverquill requested 14 and 15 at the beginning. A section was then added, making the actual files 15 and 16. I don't think he saw the post for that as he didn't change his file titles, also the MW reflected the original request and wasn't altered for the change either. So SlickWiggler requested and was assigned what appeared to be an open section. So, yeah, snafu. Not sure how you want to handle things so I'm holding off on the PL notes so I don't end up with the wrong files marked for it. Here's what we have:

14 Not recorded
15 recorded by Silverquill
16 recorded by Silverquill, assigned to SlickWiggler also.

T
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

So SlickWiggler requested and was assigned what appeared to be an open section. So, yeah, snafu. Not sure how you want to handle things so I'm holding off on the PL notes so I don't end up with the wrong files marked for it.

since Nan is quite new at this, I'm going to explain :)

well, since we normally go by the "first claimed, first assigned" rule, we need to inform SlickWiggler that one of his sections was already claimed beforehand. But no work is really lost in this case. Even if he already recorded the same section, if it's a poem, it can get posted to the Monthly Poetry Collection, and if it's a short story, then it will find an open door in the Children's Story project. :)

Also, let's hope Larry (silverquill) is aware of this and his other sections are the ones he wanted to claim :? I'll email him anyway today, and I drop him a note ;)

However the file names need to be corrected in the MW before someone else posts the correct file with these numbers, otherwise the old file will get overwritten with the new file and one of the sections will be missing in the end. :? Terry, in this case, just make a note in the MW and Jo (our MC) can change the number in her folder.

And here is another one of my sweet stories:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/topazstorybook_49_skinner_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 6:00 min.

And I would like to claim 40. Pomona, next, please :)

Sonia
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Thank you, Sonia. I'll take care of that and thank you for the explanation. Still new myself so it's welcomed.

Catching us up on PLs. I broke these up by reader so its easier to find.

37 PL OK
60 PL OK
81 PL OK

9 PL OK
17 PL OK
19 PL OK
62, 63, 64 PL OK
66, 67 PL OK
76 PL OK
80 PL OK

T
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Hi! It looks like 14 should be 15, and 15 16, but the two (not #7) are switched in terms of silver naming them. I can stick the correct link in the right box, but the numbering will be off (on the url).