[Complete] The Black Eagle Mystery by Geraldine Bonner - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Thank you - I also note that you corrected this one as well: 6:45.5 - Missing text, the name Johnston Barker is omitted! Thank you! :D

As a book coordinator, you are able to get in and change the Status - so on this one, when you upload corrections, you change it from PL notes to Ready for Spot PL, just as when you upload a section, you change it to Ready for PL. This lets me see at a glance on my page what needs done. I have also added the time in the notes field - you can follow what I've done or just change the notes field to reflect the time on it's own if the rest of the notes aren't needed.

Can't wait for the next installment!

Chapter 1 - PL OK!
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

lethargilistic wrote: August 28th, 2018, 12:44 am
9:06 - Rerecorded it. I swear, weird things like that make me feel llike I'm crazy for letting them through, hahaha.

I do the same thing!! :?
ChibiPenguin

Post by ChibiPenguin »

Hey (sorry that I haven't been as active with this project as I should be, I've just been busy). But I would like to claim Chapter 4 and 5 (I can probably do more, but for now I only want to commit to two chapters).
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

ChibiPenguin wrote: August 29th, 2018, 11:41 pm Hey (sorry that I haven't been as active with this project as I should be, I've just been busy). But I would like to claim Chapter 4 and 5 (I can probably do more, but for now I only want to commit to two chapters).
Hi ChibiPenguin! It seems like you haven't been added to the system yet. Before I can add you to the project, I need to know what name you would like to be credited under. If you would like to list a website, I can do that as well.
Mike
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

Mike
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

lethargilistic wrote: August 30th, 2018, 9:09 am
ChibiPenguin wrote: August 29th, 2018, 11:41 pm Hey (sorry that I haven't been as active with this project as I should be, I've just been busy). But I would like to claim Chapter 4 and 5 (I can probably do more, but for now I only want to commit to two chapters).
Hi ChibiPenguin! It seems like you haven't been added to the system yet. Before I can add you to the project, I need to know what name you would like to be credited under. If you would like to list a website, I can do that as well.
If you wish to add the reader using their forum name, it is easy enough for me to edit.
ChibiPenguin

Post by ChibiPenguin »

Ah, for crediting, I'm fine with either ChibiPenguin or Chibi.
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

ChibiPenguin wrote: August 31st, 2018, 10:24 am Ah, for crediting, I'm fine with either ChibiPenguin or Chibi.
You're good to go for Chapters 4 and 5! As a reminder, I can do the audio editing if you'd rather not. Just, if in doubt, do an extra take. ;P

Also, Lynnet: thanks for the head's up for future reference!
Mike
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

lethargilistic wrote: August 30th, 2018, 2:49 pm Chapter 2 is ready!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/blackeaglemystery_02_bonner_128kb.mp3 (Length: 20:54)
I like the Noir mystery style, very cool!

Here are the chapter 2 notes:

:51 - Pronunciation: "draughts" is pronounced "drafts" - I don't normally correct pronunciation, but in this case, I thought you might want to change it - it's up to you, it's one of those odd words that don't sound like they are spelled.
2:51.5 - Text reads: asked a chap in a reach-me-down overcoat, I hear: asked a chap in a round-me-down overcoat. (I wonder if a reach-me-down is the same as a hand-me-down?? :hmm: )
3:21.5 - Text reads: The janitor drew himself up, I hear: The janitor drew himself in. - I'll leave this up to you if you want to change it.
4:09 - Text reads: "Struck on his head, eh?", I hear "Stuck on his head, eh?" :shock:
6:30 - Text reads: extending back to the Massasoit, I hear: the great back of the Massasoit building
7:08.5 - Text reads: "Will Miss Whitehall mind?", I hear: "Will Miss Whitehead mind?
9:55.5: Text reads: and Mr. Barker often, I hear: and Mr. Barker even.
14:09: Text reads: I was so interested, I hear: I was so intent.
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

jenniferrd wrote: September 1st, 2018, 5:18 am
lethargilistic wrote: August 30th, 2018, 2:49 pm Chapter 2 is ready!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/blackeaglemystery_02_bonner_128kb.mp3 (Length: 20:54)
I like the Noir mystery style, very cool!

Here are the chapter 2 notes:

:51 - Pronunciation: "draughts" is pronounced "drafts" - I don't normally correct pronunciation, but in this case, I thought you might want to change it - it's up to you, it's one of those odd words that don't sound like they are spelled.
2:51.5 - Text reads: asked a chap in a reach-me-down overcoat, I hear: asked a chap in a round-me-down overcoat. (I wonder if a reach-me-down is the same as a hand-me-down?? :hmm: )
3:21.5 - Text reads: The janitor drew himself up, I hear: The janitor drew himself in. - I'll leave this up to you if you want to change it.
4:09 - Text reads: "Struck on his head, eh?", I hear "Stuck on his head, eh?" :shock:
6:30 - Text reads: extending back to the Massasoit, I hear: the great back of the Massasoit building
7:08.5 - Text reads: "Will Miss Whitehall mind?", I hear: "Will Miss Whitehead mind?
9:55.5: Text reads: and Mr. Barker often, I hear: and Mr. Barker even.
14:09: Text reads: I was so interested, I hear: I was so intent.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/blackeaglemystery_02_bonner_128kb.mp3 (Length: 20:55)

:51 - drafts
2:51 - reach-me-down (I guess?? Even consciously saying it, this took me a few takes. Weird saying. ?n?)
3:21 - Not practical to fix. Curse my slurred vowels. :/
4:09 - struck
6:30 - extending back
7:08 - Whitehall
9:55 - often
14:09 - interested
Mike
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Jennifer, remember, there is no need to read along with the text, so if it makes sense it does not need to be changed. You only need to check the text if you can't follow the narrative. Even then, all non-technical errors are at the reader's discretion.

Example:
Text: "He drank a cup of coffee"
Reader: "He drank a cup of tea" -- makes sense, so OK.
Reader: "He drank a cup of coal" -- huh? doesn't make sense so not OK.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Lynnet wrote: September 4th, 2018, 8:49 am Jennifer, remember, there is no need to read along with the text, so if it makes sense it does not need to be changed. You only need to check the text if you can't follow the narrative. Even then, all non-technical errors are at the reader's discretion.

Example:
Hi Lynett - I understand what you're saying. I was going by Librivox's Proof listening tips and trick quiz page (found here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_tips_and_quiz) that does show on that that incorrect words should be marked (eg. on the tips page it says this: 01:21 - I hear "He made himself unremarked by his fine voice" - the text says "he made himself remarked") and on the guide for Proof Listeners page here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners where it gives the example: 31:02 "commiseration", read "commission".

Let me verify, you do not want that done, just the technical aspects? I haven't been correcting any that don't really matter, but if changes the meaning, I mark it down, or like above, I may make mention of something, and say it's up to the reader? Does that make sense?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jenniferrd wrote: September 4th, 2018, 12:25 pm
Lynnet wrote: September 4th, 2018, 8:49 am Jennifer, remember, there is no need to read along with the text, so if it makes sense it does not need to be changed. You only need to check the text if you can't follow the narrative. Even then, all non-technical errors are at the reader's discretion.

Example:
Hi Lynett - I understand what you're saying. I was going by Librivox's Proof listening tips and trick quiz page (found here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/ProofListening_tips_and_quiz) that does show on that that incorrect words should be marked (eg. on the tips page it says this: 01:21 - I hear "He made himself unremarked by his fine voice" - the text says "he made himself remarked") and on the guide for Proof Listeners page here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners where it gives the example: 31:02 "commiseration", read "commission".

Let me verify, you do not want that done, just the technical aspects? I haven't been correcting any that don't really matter, but if changes the meaning, I mark it down, or like above, I may make mention of something, and say it's up to the reader? Does that make sense?
No, my point is if you are just listening and can't tell it's an error, it's OK; if it totally the wrong word and doesn't make sense, that is an error.
But it is the reader's decision whethter to correct these errors or not. Sometimes replacing a bad word sounds worse.
There is no requirement for proof listeners to check technical specs, although many do. However, these do need to be corrected before cataloguing... but the validator will throw up errors if there are any and they can be corrected then.
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Chapter 2 - Spot PL - OK!

Okay, opening and closing silences and wording, overly long pauses, stumbles and obviously wrong words, and nothing else. Got it.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I have move this topic to Readers Found. Everything will work the same as far as BC, DPL and readers are concerned, but it will not show for people looking for a project to join. As you can imagine, it can get frustrating if someone sees a project they like, only to discover it is fully subscribed. I suggest sharing the url with any of your group that is ready to sign up for the project.