Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

gharding14 wrote: July 27th, 2018, 2:31 pm Hi Carolin,

I would like to take the Horseless Carriages - Types of Car - Chapter 16 on. My maiden voyage.

Let me know if it is good to go.

Thanks,

Gary Harding
Halesite, NY
Hi gary, welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to participate in this project. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Please also complete the one minute test before getting started!

Note also that i have removed your email address to try to keep the amount of spam in your inbox minimal :)
Carolin
takaeha

Post by takaeha »

May I please read section 16? I am new but would be pleased to expediently conclude a work that is so close to being finished! I have some recording experience and am applying it to a growing knowledge of Audacity. Please consider me for this project. :)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

takaeha wrote: August 8th, 2018, 2:26 pm May I please read section 16? I am new but would be pleased to expediently conclude a work that is so close to being finished! I have some recording experience and am applying it to a growing knowledge of Audacity. Please consider me for this project. :)
Hi and welcome to librivox! You are welcome to read that section. I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/12687

I see you have already posted your test recording, well done. It does need some very small edits, so it would be great if you could return to it first. It should not take very long and will make your start on this section easier.

Have fun and please let us know if you have any questions!
Carolin
takaeha

Post by takaeha »

Thank you! It would be my pleasure. I checked out the local makerspace with recording studio this weekend, as well, and found the environment more conducive to ambient noise reduction. I'll start combining what I've learned and have a product for soon. :)

Have a lovely day

Takaeha
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:thumbs:
Carolin
daddo

Post by daddo »

Heya Carolin, just wanted to give you an update. Having recorded the chapter Wireless Telegraphy, I'm about midway through editing it, so I should have it ready for upload in the next few days~
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
daddo

Post by daddo »

Heya, here's chapter 01 uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/moderninvention_01_williams_128kbps.mp3
Length: 32:55

Also, being my first recording I'd value some constructive criticism please and thank you!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

daddo wrote: August 30th, 2018, 9:18 am Heya, here's chapter 01 uploaded:

Also, being my first recording I'd value some constructive criticism please and thank you!
A most excellent recording indeed!
You are off to a notable start with LibriVox. :clap:
I hope I will hear much more of your voice.

The recording itself is without flaw, but there are just two minor technical issues. First, there needs to be five seconds of silence at the end, but you have only a little over two. So, those missing seconds, small but important need to be added.

You might also want to amplify the volume a bit. The LV range target is 89 dB with a range of 86-92 dB, and this recording comes in at 86.1 dB, still within range, but scarcely.

Just upload the corrected file with the same name, and post a note here so I can check it.

Such an interesting chapter to me. especially as an amateur radio operator. So much of the theory is off, but the results were truly astounding. How fare we have come in such a short time!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
daddo

Post by daddo »

silverquill wrote: August 31st, 2018, 8:37 pm
daddo wrote: August 30th, 2018, 9:18 am Heya, here's chapter 01 uploaded:

A most excellent recording indeed!
You are off to a notable start with LibriVox. :clap:
I hope I will hear much more of your voice.

The recording itself is without flaw, but there are just two minor technical issues. First, there needs to be five seconds of silence at the end, but you have only a little over two. So, those missing seconds, small but important need to be added.

You might also want to amplify the volume a bit. The LV range target is 89 dB with a range of 86-92 dB, and this recording comes in at 86.1 dB, still within range, but scarcely.

Just upload the corrected file with the same name, and post a note here so I can check it.

Such an interesting chapter to me. especially as an amateur radio operator. So much of the theory is off, but the results were truly astounding. How fare we have come in such a short time!
re-uploaded with the added silence and amplified to 89dB: https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/moderninvention_01_williams_128kbps.mp3

Thanks for the feedback! I really enjoyed making this, so I think you will be hearing plenty more of my voice 8-)

it was pretty cool, and even though a lot of the science no longer holds, it was really fascinating to see how the scientific understanding was becoming approximately right!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Excellent - perfect!

Thanks so much for your effort on this long section.
Lookin forward to your next project! :D
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both so much :D
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Reminder sent!
Carolin
Carolin