'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Count of Monte Cristo:

Thank you so much for your work on this book. I listened to a few chapters every day on my way to and from work. I would never have heard this story if not for you, and I really appreciate all the long hours it took you to read through it. I especially liked the accents you did for each character. It added a lot to the immersion of the story for me, and it made it a lot easier to distinguish between different characters. Thanks a lot!

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pnagami (Pamela Nagami) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Dr. Nagami,

Thank you for your many Libravox recordings. Your choices of texts,
especially the English history books, are very much appreciated.

Don

All of Pamela's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hawden (Alan Chant) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Sir,
I have read Slocum's classic many times, and will do so again: it is one of the books we keep in our floating library aboard Gracewaves, our sailboat. However, earlier this year we stumbled upon LibriVox and your lovely recording of Sailing Alone Around the World. My wife and I have listened to it together twice now, stopping along the way to discuss certain passages. We have been doing this sort of "reading" for many years. Last week, while driving to go sailing with some friends, I decided again to listen to the book. Good thing too: there was a stretch of highway (known as "The Malahat") here on Vancouver Island where for over an hour the maximum speed I attained was 16 km/h. Thankfully, I drive an electric car so I did not add to the massive carbon footprint of the backlog! That being said, I quite happily listened again to several chapters enroute and have continued back at home as it is on my phone and always at hand.

I have recommended your recording to several friends, all nautical enthusiasts. What a treat to listen to such a well read version. I tip my hat to you and offer a toast! I look forward to listening to other stories you have recorded.

Be well, stay well.

Bill
Crofton, British Columbia, Canada

All of Alan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Lucy_k_p (Lucy Perry) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi all at Librivox,

Firstly a big thank you to all your readers who do a great job bringing stories to life.

With regards Lucy Perry (one of your Readers); I've recently used parts from 2 Poems Lucy read in a song (No by Thomas Hood and A Health, both from from the Short Poetry Collection 128) and was wondering if I should provide a credit - which I'm happy to do - and should I credit both Lucy and Libirox?

The song is unlikely to be a commercial success but may be played on a couple of internet radio stations that like my music. Because of this I wanted to ensure Lucy got recognised for her work.

Feel free to pass this on and if Lucy or the folks at Librivox would like to hear the song, just get in touch and I'll point you in the right direction (it's not online yet).

Kind regards,

R.O.J

All of Lucy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Karen,
I Just wanted to say when it comes to Jane Austen books, I will only have you as my reader! I will look for your name when I get to the Bronte sisters as well.
I like that you read swiftly. This helps me decode her 19th century syntax and I don't dwell on sentences. Also, your accent puts me right in context!
Thanks so much,
Amy

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
pithypendulum

Post by pithypendulum »

Hello and thanks to the group that created Jane Eyre (version 3 dramatic reading).

It's the first dramatic reading with a cast of voices I've heard on LibriVox and it really added to the experience and was very well done. The coordination and effort behind this seems substantial so thanks to those involved.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg)from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

T Hynes' reading of the Vicar of Wakefield (version 2) is outstanding. The pace is just right. His voice is clear and pleasant. Characters are distinguished with just enough variation, not so much that the reading tends toward radio drama. I hear the value of the book because of T Hynes' reading. Thank you!
and...
My compliments to Mr. Thynes for his superb work! It is by far the best work by any narrators. My question is will he add to his selection of readings.. anytime soon? I have completed his list of books and am most anxious to listen to more from him.
Thank you

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mattsoar (Matt Soar) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

To: Matt Soar
Book: The Iron Heel (Jack London)

Dear sir,
Your elegant and passionate style has been a great source of comfort to me these past few weeks as I tried to wrap up my many art projects and painting, and whilst I waited in the long hours between my lifts home.

You made this experience particularly interesting and I dont think I would have enjoyed the book nearly as much if I'd read it alone instead- I was sad when it ended.
Thank you for all your effort and I hope that you read another book.

All of Matt's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MorganScorpion (Morgan Scorpion) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mrs. Scorpion,
I am writing to thank you for all the lovely books you've read which are on Librivox and a few other sites. I have attempted to track them all down and have listened to all the ones you've done that I am aware of, even a few one-off chapters taken from collaborative works. I'm a lifelong fan of Lovecraft and related authors, which appears to be your central focus. I think your voice is most perfectly suitable for this subject matter and it might surprise you a little to learn that you have been my constant night time companion for simply years as I have puttered away at art projects, models, sculpting, tidying, or what have you.
I live in Japan but I don't speak much Japanese (though I understand much of what is said to me), consequently I don't have many friends other than my wife who is awake all day whereas I myself am incorrigibly nocturnal. I reject modern media so I don't hear my native English very often. You have helped considerably to fill that void.
If I were to offer an idea about something I would like to hear you narrate, some Thomas Ligotti or Clark Ashton Smith would be welcome and none too far from the path you're already treading. I love nonfiction even more than I like fiction, so even some works about psychic research, poltergeists, anomalies of the ancient world, etc would be brilliant to hear, however I hesitate to make any sort of formal request since I have discovered so many new gems of your usual genres which might otherwise have gone unnoticed by me had you not narrated them. (The Resurrectionist is a new favorite that springs to mind.) For this reason I'll trust your judgement and happily embrace whatever you present me with.
I look forward to more releases from you.
By the way, if you have a mailing list or anything to announce when you've narrated a new book, please add my name to the list or just drop me an email if it is no trouble. I'd be eager to hear a new tale.
Thank you for reading me all those stories!

All of Morgan's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for than (Sandra Zera) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Miss Zera,
I'd like to thank you for your contributions to Librivox. Your readings have brought me great delight on many nights as I have puttered away at art projects, models, sculpting, tidying, or whatever.
I have attempted to locate all recordings you have made and I have listened to all the ones you've done that I am aware of, even a few single chapters taken from collaborative works.
I'm a lifelong fan of Lovecraft and enjoyed very much your reading of "The Picture in the House" many times, although I think your voice is most suitable for narration in general and need not be restricted or relegated to any particular genre. However, I might say that I would love to hear you narrate more works of this type.
I am an American but I live in Japan and have lived here for eight years. I don't speak much Japanese (though I understand much of what is said to me), consequently I don't have many friends other than my wife who is awake all day whereas I myself am incorrigibly nocturnal. I generally reject modern media so I don't hear my native English very often. You have occasionally helped me to fill that void, so I wanted to say thank you.
I am also aware that it has been a little while since you recorded "The Picture in the House" and the bulk of your other narrations, but I would like to encourage you in that you have at least one person who is always looking forward to hearing you read another book.
If you do any more recordings, please do let me know.
Thanks very much!

All of Sandra's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for martinc (Martin Clifton) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Please give my thanks to Martin Clifton, in particular for his reading of 'The Man Who Knew Too Much' and several other books. His voice is among the very best - clear and distinct with a measured pace. By hearing these books I have found interest in GK Chesterton and read a few books myself.

Librivox is such a good idea and must have delighted and benefited millions of people all over the world.

and...

Dear Mr. Martin Clifton:

Hello! My team and I at Florida State University wanted to thank you for your wonderful reading of "If-" by Rudyard Kipling on LibriVox. https://librivox.org/reader/31?primary_key=31&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results

My team and I create free, original, online interactive tutorials for K-12 students to learn and practice skills and concepts that are aligned to our state standards. Your recording of Kipling's "If-" is now featured in a high school English Language Arts tutorial where students learn how to determine multiple themes in a work of poetry.

Although we have several excellent in-house narrators, we really like to use outside narrators to read the texts or text excerpts we feature in English Language Arts tutorials to provide variety and increase engagement for students. Your recording of "If-" was exactly what we were looking for. We loved your articulation and pacing of this poem, and we loved how your narration style helped the poem really feel like fatherly advice being given to a son. Your recording set just the right mood we wanted student readers to feel as they read the poem (and possibly experience the poem for the first time). We think your engaging and articulate recording will also be a big help for struggling readers who will listen to your narration as they read the poem.

Thank you so much for the work you put into your recording and for making it available for everyone to freely enjoy! We know how much work goes into creating a great audio recording, and we appreciate your hard work and attention to detail.

If you'd like to see how your recording was utilized in our tutorial, please click on the link below.

http://www.cpalms.org/Public/PreviewResourceStudentTutorial/Preview/173442

Thank you again!

All the best,

Kris
All of Martin's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Delmar H Dolbier (Delmar H Dolbier) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Delmar,

Thanks a lot for your reading of The Mystery Of Cloomber, which I enjoyed very much, thanks to your effort to impersonate each character and give them a different voice. Your rendering of the various accents was both very convincing and fun, although I usually object to that.

;-)

Hope to listen to more of your readings soon.

Jean-Marc
Nérac, France.

All of Delmar's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Nessi (Nessi) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I want to thank Nessi (Vanessa Escrivá) for reading some chapters from Don Quijote, she has a beautiful voice and excellent reading, hardly ever missing a word. I wish she had read the whole book and hope to hear more from her in the future.

Great Job!!!

https://librivox.org/don-quijote-vol-1-by-miguel-de-cervantes-saavedra/

Best Regards,

Per-Ulrik

All of Nessi's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for DACSoft (Donald Cummings) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear Mr Cummings,

My mom and I just wanted to let you know how much we have enjoyed the first 3 Baseball Joe books. Your reading of them is fantastic! It has almost become difficult to listen to other readers of audio books having become so accustomed to your great presentation of these fun stories. We can't wait to hear the next one: Baseball Joe and the Central League...it should be great fun! Thanks for all your hard work!

Stacy and Marilyn

All of Donald's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Dear David

You’re the best reader I’ve ever listened to!

Now that I’ve listened to all the books you’ve read on Libravox (8 X Sherlock Holmes and 1 X Alexandre Dumas), I can’t help wishing there were more. If you have recorded more books, please let me know.

Sincerely.

Hylton

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!