[Complete] Woodcraft Boys at Sunset Island by May Folwell Hoisington and Lillian Elizabeth Roy - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18043
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 30th, 2018, 6:15 am

Chapter 2:
PL OK.
Excellent reading, nice and clear. Keep it up :thumbs:

mmartell
Posts: 7
Joined: April 22nd, 2018, 9:53 pm

Post by mmartell » July 30th, 2018, 5:42 pm

Thank you so much!

And thanks again for your help in getting me set up...
Much appreciated!

ellies
Posts: 694
Joined: April 13th, 2018, 11:12 pm
Location: UK

Post by ellies » August 18th, 2018, 11:13 pm

Hi, can I please claim sections 3 and 4?
thanks
ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Ellies
Happy new year 2020

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18043
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 19th, 2018, 10:34 am

ellies wrote:
August 18th, 2018, 11:13 pm
Hi, can I please claim sections 3 and 4?
thanks
ellies
Thank you for claiming

JayKitty76
Posts: 1489
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » August 23rd, 2018, 2:13 pm

Do you guys need a DPL or even PL? I'd be happy to do it if you need one.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18043
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 23rd, 2018, 3:05 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 2:13 pm
Do you guys need a DPL or even PL? I'd be happy to do it if you need one.
That would be great. Have you DPLd before?

Edit: I've answered my own question. I see you haven't, so I've added you to the list of DPLs and added you to this project.


Please be sure to read through the guidelines: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners The quiz is relatively new and is very helpful in showing what we allow to pass and what we don't.
This project has a lot of vernacular, so I'd allow a lot of leeway.

In order to access the MW, you will need a password, which is more secure than your regular password.
Here are the directions: (it's the same for DPLs as for BCs)
Accessing the System – First Time Login
1. Use this Link to go the main login screen: http://librivox.org/workflow
2. Click on Login (for BCs & MCs)
3. Enter your forum username.
4. Click “Forgot Password” (Note: If you had a password in the old Magic Window system, that old BC login for the Magic Window will not work here!!!)
5. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click the link and enter a password and submit the form.
6. Go back to the main login screen and use the new password you entered above to log in to the system.
7. When you log in from the main screen above, you will be taken to the LibriVox Management Dashboard default screen where you should see a list of your active projects along with options for dropdown menus, searching and editing your profile. (more on this later)
For more explicit step by step directions with screen shots, please see Accessing the System - First Time Login
NOTE: BCs should use their personal workflow login to upload files. If you recently logged in with the general login to upload files to a project and the system still had you logged in, you may see this:
You don't have permissions for this area.
Return to Librivox Management Tool Homepage
Logout
To remedy this, click Logout and then login with your BC login and password.

From <http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window>


It doesn't always work first time, so try a couple of times before panicking :D

amitsharma
Posts: 118
Joined: August 19th, 2018, 6:54 am
Location: Bhopal, India

Post by amitsharma » August 24th, 2018, 2:32 am

Hi Lynnet

I would like to claim sections:

12 The Pirates of Scilly Ledge
13 Thieves in the Night
14 The Twenty-Fourth Feather

This would be my first recording. Please use my user ID (amitsharma) for cataloguing. No URL to associate with that right now.

Thank you,

Amit
Amit Sharma, CC

"You can call me crazy, but you're just jealous that the voices don't talk to you."

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18043
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 24th, 2018, 2:52 am

amitsharma wrote:
August 24th, 2018, 2:32 am
Hi Lynnet

I would like to claim sections:

12 The Pirates of Scilly Ledge
13 Thieves in the Night
14 The Twenty-Fourth Feather

This would be my first recording. Please use my user ID (amitsharma) for cataloguing. No URL to associate with that right now.

Thank you,

Amit
Welcome to Librivox!
I see you have completed your one minute test and are ready to go :thumbs:
Please be sure to read the first post. All the information you need is there, but if you have questions, please ask.

JayKitty76
Posts: 1489
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » August 24th, 2018, 9:26 am

Lynnet wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 3:05 pm
JayKitty76 wrote:
August 23rd, 2018, 2:13 pm
Do you guys need a DPL or even PL? I'd be happy to do it if you need one.
That would be great. Have you DPLd before?

Edit: I've answered my own question. I see you haven't, so I've added you to the list of DPLs and added you to this project.


Please be sure to read through the guidelines: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners The quiz is relatively new and is very helpful in showing what we allow to pass and what we don't.
This project has a lot of vernacular, so I'd allow a lot of leeway.

In order to access the MW, you will need a password, which is more secure than your regular password.
Here are the directions: (it's the same for DPLs as for BCs)
Accessing the System – First Time Login
1. Use this Link to go the main login screen: http://librivox.org/workflow
2. Click on Login (for BCs & MCs)
3. Enter your forum username.
4. Click “Forgot Password” (Note: If you had a password in the old Magic Window system, that old BC login for the Magic Window will not work here!!!)
5. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click the link and enter a password and submit the form.
6. Go back to the main login screen and use the new password you entered above to log in to the system.
7. When you log in from the main screen above, you will be taken to the LibriVox Management Dashboard default screen where you should see a list of your active projects along with options for dropdown menus, searching and editing your profile. (more on this later)
For more explicit step by step directions with screen shots, please see Accessing the System - First Time Login
NOTE: BCs should use their personal workflow login to upload files. If you recently logged in with the general login to upload files to a project and the system still had you logged in, you may see this:
You don't have permissions for this area.
Return to Librivox Management Tool Homepage
Logout
To remedy this, click Logout and then login with your BC login and password.

From <http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window>


It doesn't always work first time, so try a couple of times before panicking :D
Thank you very much!! :)

ellies
Posts: 694
Joined: April 13th, 2018, 11:12 pm
Location: UK

Post by ellies » August 25th, 2018, 5:22 am

Hi ,here is chapter 3 for PL!
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sunsetisland_03_hoisington_128kb.mp3 25:03
thanks
ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Ellies
Happy new year 2020

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18043
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 25th, 2018, 9:37 am

ellies wrote:
August 25th, 2018, 5:22 am
Hi ,here is chapter 3 for PL!
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sunsetisland_03_hoisington_128kb.mp3 25:03
thanks
ellies
Thank you.

JayKitty76
Posts: 1489
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » August 27th, 2018, 2:56 pm

Hi ellies,
Here are the PL notes for chapter 3:

04:52-53 I noticed you missed the word 'to' or it isn't quite clear.

14:47 I noticed you said 'they' instead of 'that'.

20:15-16 I noticed you repeated the words 'old craft' twice. Perhaps you can edit one of the repeats out?

23:27 You said 'traveling', then corrected it and said 'trawling'.

Your pronounciation is excellent, and so is your timing. Thank you for your upload.
Last edited by JayKitty76 on August 27th, 2018, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 18043
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » August 27th, 2018, 3:19 pm

JayKitty76 wrote:
August 27th, 2018, 2:56 pm
05:54 You said 'out-doors' when the text was 'out-of-doors'.

As these can be used interchangeably, there is no need to correct this. Oftentimes, changing a small error that doesn't change the meaning sounds worse than leaving it as is. No one will know it is wrong unless they are reading along 8-)

JayKitty76
Posts: 1489
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » August 27th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Thank you for your guidance on this.

JayKitty76
Posts: 1489
Joined: August 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...
Contact:

Post by JayKitty76 » August 27th, 2018, 3:25 pm

Just in case you saw my PL notes for chapter 3 this afternoon, I have edited them- you don't need to change the words 'outdoors' to 'out-of-doors'.

Post Reply