COMPLETE [DR] Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin-ma

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

PL notes for Martha Meserve and Lorenzo's Mother:
bhavya wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 6:49 am Hello,

For section 13, there is some background noise at the following times:
0.14-0.16

Also, I am not sure if this should be edited, but, at 1:41, the line is "the more I think Adam Ladd intended" and in the recording, I think is missed out.

And for section 18; there is some more background noise at the following times:
0:04
0:11
0:15
0:43
1:07-1:12
1:44
1:55

Bhavya
Thank you! :)

As long as the background noise isn't really distracting, it's okay to leave it in there. I think these files sound alright, and I'll go ahead and mark Lorenzo's Mother as PL OK. :)
Also, when posting PL, could you please include the name of the character they pertain to? The section numbers change frequently, and may not be the same by the time the reader sees their notes.
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Twinkle88 wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 3:32 pm PL notes for Martha Meserve and Lorenzo's Mother:
bhavya wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 6:49 am Hello,

For section 13, there is some background noise at the following times:
0.14-0.16

Also, I am not sure if this should be edited, but, at 1:41, the line is "the more I think Adam Ladd intended" and in the recording, I think is missed out.

And for section 18; there is some more background noise at the following times:
0:04
0:11
0:15
0:43
1:07-1:12
1:44
1:55

Bhavya
Thank you! :)

As long as the background noise isn't really distracting, it's okay to leave it in there. I think these files sound alright, and I'll go ahead and mark Lorenzo's Mother as PL OK. :)
Also, when posting PL, could you please include the name of the character they pertain to? The section numbers change frequently, and may not be the same by the time the reader sees their notes.
OK! Won't happen again.
benderca

Post by benderca »

She doesn't say much, but she sure is cute when she's saying it! Eleven-year-old Jasmin Salma playing eleven-year-old Emma Jane:

Chapter 7:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_07_emmajane.mp3
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi bhavya,
Should I rerecord Martha Meserve? I did make a mistake on part of the lines (I just listened to the file I uploaded) but I'm not entirely sure how to cut/record parts into the middle of the track without messing the whole recording up.
Thank you for your PL notes. Should I try to noise clean again for the background noise, or should I leave it as it is?

Thank you,
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi,
The role for Mrs. Perkins has been open for a while. I would like to claim this role- however, I would like to make one small change to her lines. In chapter 1, she describes Rebecca as 'black as an Injun'. May I say 'Indian' instead?
Thank you for your consideration,
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
benderca

Post by benderca »

JayKitty76 wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 2:01 pm Hi,
The role for Mrs. Perkins has been open for a while. I would like to claim this role- however, I would like to make one small change to her lines. In chapter 1, she describes Rebecca as 'black as an Injun'. May I say 'Indian' instead?
Thank you for your consideration,
Martha Meserve and Mrs. Perkins are involved in the same conversation in Chapter 26. I think that be confusing for the listeners if they have the same voice, Several times they even speak one right after another without the narrator interjecting speaking credits.

Martha: "Like as not,"

Narrator: assented Mrs. Peter Meserve,

Martha: "though it's easy to see he ain't the marryin' kind. There's men that would marry once a
year if their wives would die fast enough, and there's men that seems to want to live alone."

Mrs. Perkins: "If Ladd was a Mormon, I guess he could have every woman in North Riverboro
that's a suitable age, accordin' to what my cousins say,"

Narrator: remarked Mrs. Perkins.

and here again:

Mrs. Perkins: "That's more than could be said of the Sawyer stock,"

Narrator: retorted Mrs. Perkins;

Mrs. Perkins: "seems like they enjoyed savin' more'n anything in the world, and it's gainin' on
Mirandy sence her shock."

Martha: "I don't believe it was a shock; it stands to reason she'd never 'a' got up after it and
been so smart as she is now; we had three o' the worst shocks in our family that there ever was
on this river, and I know every symptom of 'em better'n the doctors."

Narrator: And Mrs. Peter Meserve shook her head wisely.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi,
Should I rerecord Martha Meserve's lines? I don't know how to cut/insert different things into my original track without messing it up. Thank you,
-JayKitty76
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

JayKitty76 wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 1:53 pm Hi bhavya,
Should I rerecord Martha Meserve? I did make a mistake on part of the lines (I just listened to the file I uploaded) but I'm not entirely sure how to cut/record parts into the middle of the track without messing the whole recording up.
Thank you for your PL notes. Should I try to noise clean again for the background noise, or should I leave it as it is?

Thank you,
I think its no problem.It has been marked PL OK.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

JayKitty76 wrote: August 24th, 2018, 1:35 pm I don't know how to cut/insert different things into my original track without messing it up.
JayKitty,

Our fellow volunteer, Phil Chenevert, has recorded some videos to help! The whole kit and caboodle are here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Instructional_Videos

This one will help you with cut/insert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLdJsoGQc9c

MaryAnn
NishthaRocks

Post by NishthaRocks »

Twinkle88 wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 3:16 pm
Thank you! :clap:

Also, for future reference, please remember not to include brackets in the names of your audio files, as they can't be entered into the Magic Window that way. (I went ahead and fixed them, so it's okay for this time. :) )
So sorry! Will keep that in mind. :(
NishthaRocks

Post by NishthaRocks »

Twinkle88 wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 3:28 pm
NishthaRocks wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 4:22 am In chapter three a line is colored wrong as follows:

"Sarah: "I don't see what she had to talk about, a child like that, to a stranger," replied Mrs. Cobb."

"replied Mrs. Cobb" should be the narrator's part but it is marked as Mrs. Cobb's.
Whoops! Thank you very much for pointing this out!! :)
It's cool! I love pointing out other's mistakes! (just kidding)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: August 25th, 2018, 5:42 am
JayKitty76 wrote: August 24th, 2018, 1:35 pm I don't know how to cut/insert different things into my original track without messing it up.
JayKitty,

Our fellow volunteer, Phil Chenevert, has recorded some videos to help! The whole kit and caboodle are here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Instructional_Videos

This one will help you with cut/insert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLdJsoGQc9c

MaryAnn
Thank you very much. This helps a lot.
-JayKitty76
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Hello,

Adam Ludd: CH 17,24 and 30 which were ready for spot pl are PL OK.
Sarah Cobb: all her aprts, i.e, 3,11,12,18,26,28 are also PL OK.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: August 21st, 2018, 4:01 pm HannahMary now has access to the MW.
MaryAnn
Sounds good. Thanks!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi,
Martha Meserve is still marked 'See PL notes'. Is there something I need to fix, or is it ok? Thank you.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~