[OK]Editing a completed project

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
tomcc

Post by tomcc »

Listened to: https://librivox.org/the-loss-of-the-ss-titanic-by-lawrence-beesley/

No PL is listed. Don't see any way to contact the reader. It has numerous sections repeated obviously with the intention that they would be edited and cleaned up but they were not.

I am a recording engineer and willing to do this but don't know how I would submit the cleaned-up version.

Any advice on how to go about this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I was the MC for the project I see, it was a long long time ago - I'll have a look - and I'll move this to the error reports. It has had 24,754 views at Archive without any adverse comments though :hmm:

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

viewtopic.php?p=613197#p613197
It's no wonder I didn't remember it - I was puzzled as I wasn't even a member in 2007 much less an MC.
It sounds like you may have the original version - could you let me know where you obtained it ?

Anne
tomcc

Post by tomcc »

I just looked at my download and it is directly from librivox in 2014 and the zip file size is 154,110

you say there are no comments, but where would those be made?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

https://archive.org/details/loss_titanic_1107_librivox
I've checked archive and our links - they are all to the 2011 version . ....

I notice there was an error report for chapter 2 in 2017 and that chapter was relplaced . Is it only chapter 2 you have problems with ?

Anne
tomcc

Post by tomcc »

I just downloaded the current version and it appears many of the errors have been corrected.
tomcc

Post by tomcc »

Yes, chapter 2 was where there were many errors. I've just downloaded the new version and hope that solves the problem!

Thanks for your responses!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'm glad of that. Thanks for letting us know

Anne