COMPLETE[PLAY] The Dream by Joanna Baillie - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: August 21st, 2018, 7:02 am As 1st soldier has been claimed here are the 2 lines of 2nd soldier
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_2ndsold_1.mp3
ALAN !!! wonderful, thank you for taking the last role. :9: It's only just now I noticed that you haven't been in this play yet. But lucky for us then :)

Apart for one group line missing, everything is perfectly soldiery. :thumbs: Thanks

> at about 0:23: (p. 112) [Soldiers murmuring:] "Must we fight with the devils then ?"

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: August 21st, 2018, 7:36 am 2nd soldier with added murmuring

thanks, excellent murmuring :mrgreen: PL ok now

Chuck will be pleased when he sees this progress.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

First soldier uploaded, hope I got it all. :lol:

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_firstsoldier_1_128kb.mp3

Length: 3:02 (as requested in the initial post of this project)

Thanks! Criticism always welcome, of course.
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 8:49 am First soldier uploaded, hope I got it all. :lol:
oh that was a fast turn-around, Roger, thank you :9: And you've perfectly acted out this very brave soldier. The part where he speaks about the whipping he has so often had was excellently narrated. :thumbs: I also liked the mischievous undertone when you were hoping for the lieutenant to be whipped :lol:

No missing lines as far as I can see. It's PL ok.

And that means we have all the roles in and Chuck can edit it all together. :D

Great job, everyone. Looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

alanmapstone wrote: August 21st, 2018, 7:36 am 2nd soldier with added murmuring

Roger wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 8:49 am First soldier uploaded, hope I got it all. :lol:

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_firstsoldier_1_128kb.mp3

Length: 3:02 (as requested in the initial post of this project)

Thanks! Criticism always welcome, of course.
Holy smooooookes! :D :D :D

Thank you so much for helping us finish this up. You guys are the best!

That means... I've gotta start editing this thing together. *gulp*

And thanks again Sonia!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 8:26 am So it begins. :D :D :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_1_baillie_128kb.mp3 [34:20]
yay, an excellent start into the story. Well edited together, Chuck. I liked your idea of not merging the soldiers at that one point but letting them speak on after another. :thumbs:

All the dialogues sound great together. Really enjoyed this half hour's listen.

A few points for your consideration:

> volume a bit too loud: 92.3 dB. Maybe reduce it by 2 dB

> at 0:29 / 0:33 / 0:36 : after Benedict, Jerome and Paul, I think it would be a good idea to include "a monk" to qualify a bit who they are. Sandra recorded it specifically in the stage directions

> at 0:40 / 0:44: the same for Morand and Wovelreid, we could insert "an Officer in the service of the Prior"

> at 3:58: stumble "would'st admit them so near us" - I hear "near so near us". I just tried and the first "near" can be cut out nicely

> at 23:52: "first soldier to Prior" - in fact the preceding sentence was also spoken by the first soldier, so "to Prior" would be enough for stage direction here

thanks, and looking forward to the next act

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 10:36 am
ChuckW wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 8:26 am So it begins. :D :D :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_1_baillie_128kb.mp3 [34:20]
yay, an excellent start into the story. Well edited together, Chuck. I liked your idea of not merging the soldiers at that one point but letting them speak on after another. :thumbs:

All the dialogues sound great together. Really enjoyed this half hour's listen.

A few points for your consideration:

> volume a bit too loud: 92.3 dB. Maybe reduce it by 2 dB

> at 0:29 / 0:33 / 0:36 : after Benedict, Jerome and Paul, I think it would be a good idea to include "a monk" to qualify a bit who they are. Sandra recorded it specifically in the stage directions

> at 0:40 / 0:44: the same for Morand and Wovelreid, we could insert "an Officer in the service of the Prior"

> at 3:58: stumble "would'st admit them so near us" - I hear "near so near us". I just tried and the first "near" can be cut out nicely

> at 23:52: "first soldier to Prior" - in fact the preceding sentence was also spoken by the first soldier, so "to Prior" would be enough for stage direction here

thanks, and looking forward to the next act

Sonia
Thanks Sonia! :-)

The next act might be a little slow in coming, since I have to completely overhaul the cast list from this section (I'd originally intended on keeping everyone's titles, but there were some inconsistencies amongst the character intros). So, yeah... considering the size of the cast, this might take a while. :help:

I'll fix all of this as quickly as I can though, I promise.
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 12:03 pmThe next act might be a little slow in coming, since I have to completely overhaul the cast list from this section (I'd originally intended on keeping everyone's titles, but there were some inconsistencies amongst the character intros). So, yeah... considering the size of the cast, this might take a while. :help:

I'll fix all of this as quickly as I can though, I promise.
I am patient, don't worry :)

but for the cast titles, I think only those 5 I mentioned (the 3 monks and the 2 guards) need their title. All the others didn't have any on the list or did they ? :hmm:

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Alright, the revised Act I is right here. :-) The cast listing has been completely overhauled, but hopefully it better reflects the spirit of the text.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_1_baillie_128kb.mp3 [34:27]
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 7:02 pm Alright, the revised Act I is right here. :-) The cast listing has been completely overhauled, but hopefully it better reflects the spirit of the text.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_1_baillie_128kb.mp3 [34:27]
oh you used the narrator's voice for every role now :thumbs: yes this sounds really great and neat now. Good idea. I just checked with the MW each of the small parts whether you put them with the correct voice credit ;) everything in the right place now.

Other edits also well done and volume is better.

Act 1 is PL ok. Good job, Chuck.

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

GYAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

I'm in the middle of editing Act II right now and just realized I forgot to include another one-line character into the MW: a nameless monk who has a single line of dialogue near the end of the second act.

Would anyone mind reading this one line? I apologize for dumping this on everybody at the last minute; I can't believe I missed this.

His line is in the middle of page 143.

https://archive.org/stream/seriesofplays00bailrich#page/143/mode/1up
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: August 25th, 2018, 12:02 pm I'm in the middle of editing Act II right now and just realized I forgot to include another one-line character into the MW: a nameless monk who has a single line of dialogue near the end of the second act.
well actually the Prior calls him Anselmo in the previous line ;) Do you want a new reader for this or should we maybe ask Tricia (if she has time) who did the "First Monk" who was unnamed so far and could very well be that one then ?

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: August 25th, 2018, 1:13 pm
ChuckW wrote: August 25th, 2018, 12:02 pm I'm in the middle of editing Act II right now and just realized I forgot to include another one-line character into the MW: a nameless monk who has a single line of dialogue near the end of the second act.
well actually the Prior calls him Anselmo in the previous line ;) Do you want a new reader for this or should we maybe ask Tricia (if she has time) who did the "First Monk" who was unnamed so far and could very well be that one then ?

Sonia
Hmmm. That might work, although Tricia's also playing another character later in the play. So maybe we should replace that one?

Uuuuugh. In the future, please remind me to be a little more careful with these old plays with a bazillion characters. :shock:
PROJECTS