2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

Here is section 38 with a time of 6:25.
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/storieswithouttears_38_pain_128kb.mp3

May I read section 08 next?

Mike
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you all! if we cant catch a dpl in a few days ill jump in and catch us up :)
Carolin
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Carolin -

I am happy to DPL for you!

I have time this weekend to catch up on the listening.

You will then just have to PL my sections which I think are about 4.

Lynda
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

Since I was already mostly through with these before the preceding post, I'll add them.

Section 3 is PL OK
Section 30 at 0:46 ...put me out... has a sudden change in volume and sound quality.
Section 38 is PL OK
Section 40 is PL OK

You should be caught up now and ready for your DPL to take over.

T.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Thank you, terrybenn, for listening and for the note on section 30. From the mp3, I hear exactly what you mean.

Unfortunately, for some reason beyond my ability to understand, Audacity can not find and so will not load the AUP files.
If someone has suggestions for how I may open it, I'll be happy to changethe recording; if not, then I'm unsure of how to correct it and will have to let it stand. :(
~Angelique
terrybenn

Post by terrybenn »

BurgundyGrace wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 1:36 pm Thank you, terrybenn, for listening and for the note on section 30. From the mp3, I hear exactly what you mean.

Unfortunately, for some reason beyond my ability to understand, Audacity can not find and so will not load the AUP files.
If someone has suggestions for how I may open it, I'll be happy to changethe recording; if not, then I'm unsure of how to correct it and will have to let it stand. :(
Hey,

I'm not an Audacity guru, so I really can't help. Carolin should be around soon and, hopefully, can give some info on that. You do a good job with these and that's why it stood out so much.

T
Mel828

Post by Mel828 »

Hello Carolin,

May I claim #37, please?
Last edited by Mel828 on August 24th, 2018, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melody
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

BurgundyGrace wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 1:36 pm Thank you, terrybenn, for listening and for the note on section 30. From the mp3, I hear exactly what you mean.

Hi there - I just listened to Section 30 at the point of .46 and I think it is just fine. I have not heard of .aup files before - we are saving as .mp3 files so .aup files should not come into play. Are you not able to open the .mp3 recording in Audacity to edit it? Are you getting an error that .aup files are missing? If that is the problem then it is not the recording - it is the Audacity program itself and it needs to be re-installed. Once you have re-installed it then try opening the recording again. The one thing I did was highlight from .46.5 to .47.5 and went to Effect / Amplify and increased the sound by 2 dB in that area only - then there was not a sound dip. If you want to you can also highlight a little of the area after that and delete where there is some sound that is not needed.

I hope this helps - let me know either here or by PM if you need more information BurgundyGrace!

Lynda
Foon

Post by Foon »

The only reason I can think of why it wouldn't open your .aup files is maybe that in the "Open file" popup window, you have a different file type selected - make sure this is set to "All files".
Alternatively, have you tried opening the .aup file directly? Not from within Audacity, but from the file folder itself?

.aup is the format in which Audacity saves projects, which can then be converted to mp3, for the record.

Fortunately--if the above doesn't help--you don't need the .aup to edit your audio! You can use your mp3 that you uploaded (or if you lost it, download it from the MW!) and open that in Audacity, and use the same kind of editing on it as you would do when you open the .aup! :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Thank you, Foon!

Yes, I'm missing some simple key to understanding here, I DO believe. *Laugh*

I've tried to open the file from directly, (and the previous version of it that I could have touched up) but apparently they've been corrupted in some way. Hm. *Something* happened! (However, I shall always make sure I'm looking in "All Files" in the future.)

As I was writing to Lynda, what I don't understand is how to get the mp3 file to open in Audacity. When I click it, it opens in Media Player. Right click doesn't give me options to open it "as another type" or anything similar.
I *seem* to have accidentally opened another mp3 file in Audacity ... but ... it was the wrong one and I've not a clue as to how I did it in the first place. :D

Ahhh, laugh or scream. (And *Both!*)

Also ... if anyone has any help on HOW to organize the files ... such as when does one delete that .aup files ... or DOES one ever? ... that will be helpful.
It's becoming a jungle of recordings over here in my Audacity folder! (And I have recently discovered that my "system" is NOT the best by which to EVERY find ANYTHING again. *Laugh*)

Well, it's a process, isn't it? I'm very grateful to have such help as to navigate it!
~Angelique
Foon

Post by Foon »

BurgundyGrace wrote: August 24th, 2018, 1:14 pm Thank you, Foon!

Yes, I'm missing some simple key to understanding here, I DO believe. *Laugh*

I've tried to open the file from directly, (and the previous version of it that I could have touched up) but apparently they've been corrupted in some way. Hm. *Something* happened! (However, I shall always make sure I'm looking in "All Files" in the future.)

As I was writing to Lynda, what I don't understand is how to get the mp3 file to open in Audacity. When I click it, it opens in Media Player. Right click doesn't give me options to open it "as another type" or anything similar.
I *seem* to have accidentally opened another mp3 file in Audacity ... but ... it was the wrong one and I've not a clue as to how I did it in the first place. :D

Ahhh, laugh or scream. (And *Both!*)

Also ... if anyone has any help on HOW to organize the files ... such as when does one delete that .aup files ... or DOES one ever? ... that will be helpful.
It's becoming a jungle of recordings over here in my Audacity folder! (And I have recently discovered that my "system" is NOT the best by which to EVERY find ANYTHING again. *Laugh*)

Well, it's a process, isn't it? I'm very grateful to have such help as to navigate it!
Another thing that jumps to mind now--when you save an .aup, Audacity also creates a folder with the same name as the file, which contains essential files for the .aup. If you delete, move, or rename this folder, that can mess things up.

For opening mp3s in Audacity, can't you go into Audacity, click on "Open file", and select it from there?

If this doesn't help, it might be worth creating a post in the Need Help forum, so we don't derail this project thread too much ;)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

:oops: :oops: :oops: Yes, I thought it would be something so simple as to be silly ... and it was.
Thanks for everyone's help!

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/storieswithouttears_30_pain_128kb.mp3 6:50
~Angelique
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

Section 08 is ready for Pl,with a time of17:37.
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/storieswithouttears_08_pain_128kb.mp3

May I now read section 05?

Mike
jenniferrd

Post by jenniferrd »

Carolin - I can DPL this for you if you'd like. I can try to get the ones ready PL'ed sometime this weekend.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Jennifer -

I am DPL'ing. You can see above that I offered a day or two ago.

Terry I believe caught me up and I was just waiting for a new submission.

I think Carolin is away right now so she has not updated the forum in a day or two.

Lynda