[COMPLETE] Adelgitha; or, The Fruits of a Single Error by Matthew Lewis-kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

Here's Dercetus, Act 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_dercetus_1_128kb.mp3
(I gave you 2 pronunciations of "Phocion" to choose from).

Dercetus, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_dercetus_2_128kb.mp3

While editing Act 2, I literally had about 20 "'T is here"s to choose from... :lol:

Dercetus, Act 3:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_dercetus_3_128kb.mp3

Luckily, I only had half a dozen "Humbly I take my leave"s to choose from. :D
Last edited by benderca on July 30th, 2018, 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Awesome! Thanks, TJ. :D
Tomas Peter
benderca

Post by benderca »

And finally... Dercetus, Act 4:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_dercetus_4_128kb.mp3
WiltedScribe wrote: July 30th, 2018, 12:00 pm Awesome! Thanks, TJ. :D
You're very welcome, Tomas!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: July 30th, 2018, 11:38 am Here's Dercetus:
Luckily, I only had half a dozen "Humbly I take my leave"s to choose from. :D
:lol: one is plainly enough. I love your Dercetus voice, it reminds me a tiny bit of Lewson in the Gambler, which I really loved :9: Excellently played out :thumbs:

Acts 2, 3 and 4 are already marked PL ok.

> in the Act 1 file, could you please just give us the full voice credit description: "Dercetus, a Grecian nobleman, read by TJ Burns"

thanks !

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi guys,
I'd be happy to try my hand at the Narrator for this play--but I'm a bit confused by all the abbreviations in the stage directions, like "Exit R. H. 1 E." etcetera. Is there anywhere I can find what all these abbreviations stand for/how they should be read?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Foon wrote: August 21st, 2018, 10:18 am Hi guys,
I'd be happy to try my hand at the Narrator for this play--but I'm a bit confused by all the abbreviations in the stage directions, like "Exit R. H. 1 E." etcetera. Is there anywhere I can find what all these abbreviations stand for/how they should be read?
Thank you, Foon! :) In terms of the abbreviations, I'd be totally fine if you omitted them completely, since they're only useful to a director trying to block out the scenes. For listeners of an audiobook, such things would throw off the pacing of the play, so I'd rather you just give us the core directions. :thumbs: I'm sure Sonia would agree.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: August 21st, 2018, 10:41 am Thank you, Foon! :) In terms of the abbreviations, I'd be totally fine if you omitted them completely, since they're only useful to a director trying to block out the scenes. For listeners of an audiobook, such things would throw off the pacing of the play, so I'd rather you just give us the core directions. :thumbs: I'm sure Sonia would agree.
the less confusing the better :lol: Yes I think "Exit" would be enough. Or "exit right" if there is an R. but if you can't figure out what it means, that's fine too.

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Alright, I'll do that!

Another question--should I include the Cast of Characters (if so, how?) and the Costumes in section 1?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Foon wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 6:08 am Another question--should I include the Cast of Characters (if so, how?) and the Costumes in section 1?
The costumes you can omit, but please do record the cast of characters (plus their descriptors). We have a few people who didn't include a full voice credit, and if they don't do so before the project ends, then we will use yours. :)
Tomas Peter
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi guys,

Here's my first narrator section. Hope it's OK!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_narrator_1_128kb.mp3

Readers needed:
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, Foon! :) Sonia will PL tomorrow, and will let you know if anything is missing/in need of correction.
Tomas Peter
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Had this on my watch list for awhile, but hadn't looked at it too closely, but I can't pass this up if I can play the tragic Guiscard. Act V is so powerful.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

silverquill wrote: August 24th, 2018, 8:53 pm Had this on my watch list for awhile, but hadn't looked at it too closely, but I can't pass this up if I can play the tragic Guiscard. Act V is so powerful.
We'd love to have you, Larry, and thank you for claiming one of our last roles. :)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: August 24th, 2018, 12:46 pm Here's my first narrator section. Hope it's OK!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_narrator_1_128kb.mp3
it's absolutely PL ok, Foon, thank you. :thumbs: Luckily there were not that many stage directions, so this is one of the easier jobs. (you should see the Pinero plays :shock: )

You made the right call by leaving out some right-stage, left-stage, etc out.

The only thing I should mention is this:

> you forgot to include the female peasants in the cast of characters, but I just checked and both Eva and April gave us the complete voice credits, so no need to re-do it this time. Also, usually the narrator also includes the "read by", even though this is mostly superfluous as well, as the readers usually say it themselves ;) but one never knows. But I think it's ok for this time, I think out readers all included it. Nothing to add here.

Thank you

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Readers needed: