COMPLETE[PLAY]The Notorious Mrs. Ebbsmith by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

Foon wrote: August 14th, 2018, 7:21 am
Kitty wrote: August 14th, 2018, 3:01 am
thanks for this quick turn-around, Foon.
Well, I don't like to keep people waiting for the last role!
ha ha ha! I do... just kidding, :lol: couldn't be helped... (anyway, mine wasn't the last role, was it? :twisted: ).
Foon

Post by Foon »

I think that unless(!) you guys would still like the same voice throughout all acts, I'm gonna keep it at 3 and 4 then. I have plenty of stuff on my reading list, and it would be a pity for the other reader's recordings to go to waste. And you won't have to re-edit acts 1 and 2. :)

But, if you feel that the voices are too dissimilar for continuity, really, I do not minding doing Act 1 and 2 as well.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I don't mind having the role split. So I have everything in I think now and will try to complete this!

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have assembled all the parts for all the acts - what a performance by all of you! Wonderful.

I now need to adjust gaps and volumes and then we'll be done.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 ready for final PL. Again, wonderful performances!

EDIT: Whoops - delay in uploading. It is there now.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 15th, 2018, 12:42 pm Act 1 ready for final PL. Again, wonderful performances!
:shock: nearly one hour ! ok this won't be happening tonight. But looking forward to it tomorrow.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sorry - Acts 1, 2, and 3 are this long; act 4 is about half the length.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And Act 2 is also ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 15th, 2018, 12:42 pm Act 1 ready for final PL. Again, wonderful performances!
I agree, this is a brilliant start. :clap: Especially Agnes and Gertrude rule the scene here. Wonderfully done, everybody !

I only found one missing stage direction right at the start:

> at 1:46: "It is Easter-tide, a week passing between the events of the First and Second Acts." - did you leave this out on purpose ? Or did Larry forget to record it and I missed it in my PL job ?

The rest is excellent, so if you don't need this direction, it's PL ok. Nicely done, the way you gave both Lucasses their voice credit :thumbs:

Short break and then I will settle down with the second act.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 15th, 2018, 2:48 pmAnd Act 2 is also ready for final PL.
ooh this dialogue between St. Olpherts and Agnes here is really crackling with power. Wonderful performance and wonderfully assembled. Couldn't find a single thing out of place.

Act 2 immediately PL ok. I really enjoyed these last two hours listening to them both in a row.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: August 16th, 2018, 4:51 am
I agree, this is a brilliant start. :clap: Especially Agnes and Gertrude rule the scene here. Wonderfully done, everybody !

I only found one missing stage direction right at the start:

> at 1:46: "It is Easter-tide, a week passing between the events of the First and Second Acts." - did you leave this out on purpose ? Or did Larry forget to record it and I missed it in my PL job ?

The rest is excellent, so if you don't need this direction, it's PL ok. Nicely done, the way you gave both Lucasses their voice credit :thumbs:

Short break and then I will settle down with the second act.

Sonia
I did not have that missing stage direction and decided that was okay.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 16th, 2018, 8:52 amI did not have that missing stage direction and decided that was okay.
:oops: ok yes, it's PL ok then.

Two down, two more to go...

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And here is Act 3. If you liked Acts 1 and 2 you'll love this one!

EDIT: And Act 4 is even better!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 16th, 2018, 10:20 amAnd here is Act 3. If you liked Acts 1 and 2 you'll love this one!
oh yes, this was a tour-de-force by all involved. :clap: Agnes, desperately trying to have her hour, Lucas, being his selfish-self as usual and over it all looms the almost diabolical figure of St.Olpherts, pulling some strings. I also liked Gertrude, finally breaking down and telling her story. The sobbing was really heart-rending.

Brilliant job from all our cast. Now looking forward to the final scene. Todd...I'm sure you can archive it by the end of the end. :9:

Act 3 is PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 16th, 2018, 10:20 amEDIT: And Act 4 is even better!
well it is a powerful showdown and ending to the whole tragedy. The appearance of Sybil and Sandford gives the play an interesting twist and both Rob and Leanne have showed great skill in their roles :D

With dismay I noticed a textual error, which I failed to notice in my initial PL. :?

> at 9:30: "All I ask, Mr. Winterfield, is that you will raise no obstacle to a meeting between Mr. Cleeve and—and—" - I'm sorry I only found this error now by listening to the whole thing. This is an error in Gutenberg: it should be "Mrs" not "Mr" Cleeve here, because the Duke goes on talking about how Mrs Cleeve wants to meet Agnes. I also checked in the original and it is indeed Mrs: https://archive.org/stream/notoriousmrsebbs00p#page/177/mode/1up Saying Mr here doesn't make much sense.

I quickly emailed Tomas to let him know, hopefully he'll come in till this evening to record the corrected line. We can wait a few hours more for this.

In any case, a wonderful Pinero tragedy has come to a close. Great job !

Sonia