COMPLETE: Junior Classics Vol. 4: Heroes and Heroines of Chivalry, by W Patten - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

pmstrahm wrote: August 13th, 2018, 9:07 pm Hi
I would like to claim the first five sections of Don Quixote that will be section 61 thru 65

Thank u
You got it, all yours! :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Foon

Post by Foon »

mattbenzing wrote: August 13th, 2018, 2:28 pm OK, here's my first official recording. Some of the names were tough but I did some research and I think I got them correct. Let me know what you think.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_32_patten_128kb.mp3
Excellent reading, Matt! :thumbs:

I have no PL comments on the reading itself. Only thing that is missing is 5 seconds of silence at the end. If you can add that, it will be PL OK!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

So do I splice on the five seconds then reupload?
Foon

Post by Foon »

mattbenzing wrote: August 14th, 2018, 6:11 am So do I splice on the five seconds then reupload?
Exactly! Just reupload it with exactly the same name. Once you do, let me know. I will then check it once more, and then it should be PL OK. :)

Readers needed:
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

Foon

Post by Foon »

mattbenzing wrote: August 14th, 2018, 7:28 am OK, here it is with the 5 seconds added:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_32_patten_128kb.mp3

13:18
Thanks, this is now PL OK :thumbs:

Readers needed:
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

Mike
Foon

Post by Foon »

lethargilistic wrote: August 17th, 2018, 1:07 am Section 37!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_37_patten_128kb.mp3 (21:06)

Of all the sexist bullcrap... xD
Thank you!

I hope it's not too bad :| I'm gonna give it a listen some time this weekend!

Readers needed:
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

Last edited by mattbenzing on August 17th, 2018, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

Last edited by mattbenzing on August 17th, 2018, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks Matt!

Do remember to always post the duration of the recording in mm:ss, please :D

Readers needed:
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

Darn, sorry, I forgot. Ok, added them.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi Matt,
Section 33 is nicely read :clap: Although there are two things that need to be addressed:
- there is some background noise present throughout the recording, so you'll need to run noise cleaning on it; let me know if you need help with that.
- the recording checked in at 93.1dB, which is outside the acceptable range of 86-92dB. If you de-amplify the entire recording by about 4dB, you will get right to the sweet spot of 89dB.

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

lethargilistic wrote: August 17th, 2018, 1:07 am Section 37!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_37_patten_128kb.mp3 (21:06)

Of all the sexist bullcrap... xD
I'm not sure if it's sexist or Stockholm Syndrome :shock:

This doesn't need changing, it's PL OK like this, but the pronunciation of Bologna the city is not like the lunch meat baloney; the last syllable is more like in lasagna. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=efYhl9lYw4s
Additionally (also fine for now), be careful when you're doing lines where someone is speaking softly--you don't want to go so soft as to be no longer audible in the recording. :)

Neither of those two things need immediate fixing, so I'm gonna mark it as PL OK--nice reading!

Readers needed: