'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Excellent talent - what a voice. Thank you so much Ruth.

All of Ruth's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hi Mark,

I recently listened to Pinocchio.
https://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-pinocchio-by-carlo-collodi/

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to record this version of this classic story. You did a wonderful job with the narration and various voices.
I think I saw the Disney version many many years ago, but not even sure if I watched the whole thing. I have a home bakery business so I’m trying to catch up on some of the old classics through audios books during times when I am baking/decorating cookies. Librivox has been a great resource for that. I am so thankful for Librivox and all those who volunteer their time to do the recordings. I just realized I could than the reader.

Thank you again!!

Blessings for a great day!!

Rosemarie

and...

Book: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

URL: https://librivox.org/great-expectations-by-charles-dickens/

My sincere “Thanks” to Mr. Mark Smith of Simpsonville SC.

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, read by Mark Smith, is the first audiobook I have listened to.

I enjoyed it immensely, in large part to Mr. Smith’s very fine recording.

I marvel at your talent to entertain and thought many times during the audiobook that I would be sure to let you know how appreciative I am.

I plan to visit the Charles Dickens Museum in London next month and this was part of my preparation.

Thank you Sir!

Sincerely,

Steve

Charlottesville, Virginia

July 2018
All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

For:
Catalog name: Karen Savage
Forum name: gypsygirl

Dear Karen,

Thank you so much for your audiobooks, you have such a lovely voice to listen to! I've never been super fond of audiobooks, but I stumbled across your audiobook of Anne of Green Gables earlier this year and it made the book so much more enjoyable. Recently, I was struggling to stay focused on Pride and Prejudice, so I sought out another audiobook to see if that would help me focus, and then stumbled on a P&P recording by you again!

You're very easy to listen to and make books a dream to get through. I don't find that I have to replay any of the recordings since you speak very clearly. And I can use apps to speed/slow the recording to my preference and your pronunciation is still easy to understand!

Anyway I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your audiobooks, and I recommend them to anyone who asks. I will definietly be checking your list for more books in the future - You might encourage me to read more of Austen's work.

Thank you!

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for earthcalling (David Barnes) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
He has the most beautiful voice I have ever listen. My only regret is that he didn't read the dialog of Mr Rochester in Jane Eyre, because in my imagination, that is the way Mr Rochester sounds, like Mr David Barnes. And maybe if he has time to read at least the chapters in which Mr Rochester appears, I would very much like that, and I will be forever grateful.

PS.: Sorry for my English, it's not my native language

Kind regards,
Thank you for brighten up my day,

Delia

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for smike (Claudia Salto) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

I'd like to thank Claudia Salto for the excellent reading of
Backfischchen's Leiden und Freuden by Clementine Helm.
https://librivox.org/backfischchens-leiden-und-freuden-by-clementine-helm/
I can really see the fine old lady in a neat tasteful dress and white curls, teaching the thoughtless young girl how to become a lady. And the story is charming :-).

Eva, in Sweden

All of Claudia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
smike

Post by smike »

Dear Eva, thank you very much for taking the time to write a Thank you note! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book and my recording of it. :)

Claudia
Claudia

So much to do, so little time...
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Thanks to Tony Addison (https://librivox.org/reader/10289?primary_key=10289&search_category=reader&search_page=1&search_form=get_results) for his wonderfully dry and droll reading of Lyn Venable's "Time Enough at Last" in Short Science Fiction Collection 056 (https://librivox.org/short-science-fiction-collection-056-by-various/) (in which I also had a story :-) ).

I'd seen the "Twilight Zone" episode starring Burgess Meredith, but never read the story it was based on. Excellent choice of story, excellent reading! 8-)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rosea (RoseA) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thanks for reading Richard Sibbes, “A Bruised Reed”. What a great book. I appreciate the time you spent to make this available.

All of RoseA's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Just finished the monumental Vanity Fair (version 2), and Helen Taylor’s reading was amazing! The novel is a masterpiece and the reading incredible. Thank you, Helen!

All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

For Mark Nelson

Radings of classics by the likes of Edgar Rice Burroughs

I love the John Carter ones. Many many thanks for bringing them to life.

I’d love it if you could do more but thank you for the ones you’ve. Done.

Your voice has a lovely warm inviting quality and your speech rythms are just right.

Thanks Again

Glen from the UK

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praetzellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

The 1st book I heard you read, The Wind in the Willows, you read with such humor and feeling that it remains my favorite, even singing the silly song Rat sings while boating, to Mole's displeasure. You have given great pleasure to many people. Thank you very sincerely.

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for johng (John Greenman) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Inexplicably, I had never had the pleasure of reading Mark Twain before. With great delight I heard you read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. You bring the characters to life with distinct and convincing voices, adding greatly to this reader's pleasure. I could easily imagine myself a citizen of this fictitious time and place of Mr. Twain's imagination. Thank you so much. I will look for your other Librivox readings, anticipating the pleasure and enlightenment that good literature brings.

All of John's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his recording of The Count of Monte Cristo:

Dear David,

I really enjoyed your reading of this gem by Dumas. I listened to many sections multiple times because I didn’t want the book to end – endless as it must seem to many.

Have you considered reading The Phantom of the Opera? I couldn’t help wishing you would!

Lynn in Portland, Oregon
and...
I want to tell David Clarke how much I appreciate the fine work he accomplished in reading The Return of Sherlock Holmes (version 3). I have long been familiar with these stories and loved them. Mr. Clarke has given the stories new life with his skillful touch. Amazing. Most enjoyable.
Thank you, Sir!
Roy
San Luis Obispo Ca
and...
David,

Wow…I am so blown away by the quality of your readings. The accent changes, the breathlessness when a character is sick or tired, everything about your readings transports me to the setting of the book. Audiobooks can be expensive and are not something I have the extra cash to spend on so I am exceedingly appreciative of the time and energy you (and all the behind the scenes folk) put into producing these audiobooks. Helping others connect to these literary classics is such a valuable thing to do. Where would we be as a society without literature!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Thank you for doing the https://librivox.org/tales-from-shakespeare-by-charles-and-mary-lamb/ recording. You have a lovely accent and very clear, understandable diction. We will be studying certain plays this year, and your lovely recording will make help to make it a pleasure. I’m currently enjoying “Much Ado About Nothing” instead of tending to my household chores. Ha!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Cathy

and...
I would like the thank Karen Savage for her magnificent reading. I would also express my dream to listen to The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery read by Karen Savage. I sincerely hope, Karen will pick this book as next to be read, please!
and...
Thank you Karen Savage for your reading of The Sky is Falling by Lester del Rey (https://librivox.org/the-sky-is-falling-by-lester-del-rey/). I thoroughly enjoyed your reading. Your pacing is good, your diction is good, and your voice is easy to listen to. I'll have to see if you've read other science fictions on Librivox that I might like. Thanks for being a volunteer reader!

Jon
Anderson, SC

All of Karen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for philchenevert (Phil Chenevert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Reader Phil Chenevert

Just wanted to say a big thank you for the time and effort given for the pleasure of others,
You are a pleasure to listen to.

Thank you Phil.

and...

Missing Link - Frank Herbert

And many others!

I am so thankful to you for your reading. I listen to books read by you when I am in bed, when I drive, when I am on my little sail boat.

You have a wonderful voice, intonation and cadence.

It is always a delight to "open" an new librivox book and have your welcoming voice on the other end.

Yay!

Thank you,

Justin.

All of Phil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!