New to audiobooks: A Rope of Sand™

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
KTBMedia

Post by KTBMedia »

Wow, this forum sure is active. This thread will probably get buried along with the rest but I suppose there's no harm in introducing myself here anyway!

My name is Kevin (or KTBMedia obviously, if you prefer), but y'all can just call me KTB. I'm still in high school (senior year) but I've got a deep love and appreciation for classic literature and would love to be a part of a community that helps promote it. Other interests I have include computer science, biking, video games, working out, and general puzzles/mind games.

I've been told by my peers I've got a decent voice for this sort of thing, and a few personal friends have actually asked me to record audiobooks for them, so it seems somehow fitting that I'd end up here.

I hope I get along with everyone here well!
"No, he doesn't row."
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hey KTB!

Welcome to Librivox! I am sure you'll find interesting projects to read for as your free time permits! Have fun!
msfry

Post by msfry »

First thing to do if you're interesting in recording for Librivox, KTB, is to submit your 1 minute test along with a brief description of your recording equipment and set-up. This process is described in your Welcome Letter. After that, poke around the forums and our wiki and get familiar with the lay of the land, then pick something to read. You're bound to learn a lot and have loads of fun along with the challenges of this type of work. Thanks for signing up.