[COMPLETE] [Dram Read] Story of the Amulet, E. Nesbit-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

Here's the Atlantean king, I went for something "regal" but I don't know how well that worked :lol:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_09_atlanteanking.mp3
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

Pheles Chapter 13
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_13_pheles.mp3 (2:57)

This was a fun part to read, though I apologize for it taking so long to get it to you guys!

Thank you!

About Dr. Dolittle, I've looked at it and I'll be posting shortly in that forum! :D

Also, I'm sorry if I keep missing lines, it's challenging for me to see some of the contrast between the colors... :lol:
DISCLAIMER: All typos were created specifically for your enjoyment and are free of charge.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SpockleDorf wrote: August 5th, 2018, 4:38 pm Pheles Chapter 13

This was a fun part to read, though I apologize for it taking so long to get it to you guys!

Thank you!

About Dr. Dolittle, I've looked at it and I'll be posting shortly in that forum! :D

Also, I'm sorry if I keep missing lines, it's challenging for me to see some of the contrast between the colors... :lol:
No problem about missing lines. That's why we do PLs. As a matter of fact, it looks like there is one missing line from you. (Or I guess, technically two.) It's your first line, in fact, on page 8: 'Yes,' he said, 'my steward will pay you the price. But I shall not pay at that high rate for the Egyptian dog.'

Also, regarding the pronunciation of Tyre, you're the odd man out here. :wink: Normally, we allow variations in pronunciation, but I think here, it would be better to be in agreement, especially because of that chant towards the end of the chapter. You pronounced it as "Tear," but everyone else is saying "Tire." You can wait for confirmation from Beth if you like before recording, in case she doesn't mind leaving the varying pronunciation.

One last general remark regarding Chapter 13. For this line:
'Never!' cried the half-dozen men near him.
I only have two voices shouting "Never!" I've got Raj and StarlingReader. If one or two people would like to submit a quick "Never!" it would make that part sound much nicer! Pretty please? :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Foon wrote: August 4th, 2018, 12:18 pm Here's the Atlantean king, I went for something "regal" but I don't know how well that worked :lol:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_09_atlanteanking.mp3
Thanks to Foon, chapter 9 is ready for PL!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Cyril chapters 1 and 14 are both PL ok.

Ashur, here is the post where I gave the links for the song: viewtopic.php?p=1421582#p1421582 If it's easier for you, you can certainly submit the lines by themselves and then the song in a separate file, like Beth suggested. Or both together. Whatever works for you.

I'm focusing most of my editing efforts on the Mikado right now. I had a feeling that both this project and that one would be ready for editing at around the same time. That one's completely recorded, though, so I'm trying to finish it out first, then I'll come back to these chapters.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Missing voice credits for:
  • Crowd Woman (Jasmin)
  • Cab Driver (Chris)
  • Speechmaker (Chris)
  • Voice 2 (Jasmin)
These may not be important, especially since these readers both have read for other characters as well, so they're still credited.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

"Never" two versions, 9 seconds long: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_never_py.mp3

I think it sounds different enough from my narration.

I did look up the context, to get the intonation right. It might help other voices:
Good friends and gentlemen,’ he said, ‘who are bound with me in this brave venture by our King’s command, the false, foreign ship is close on our heels. If we land, they land, and only the gods know whether they might not beat us in fight, and themselves survive to carry back the tale of Tyre’s secret island to enrich their own miserable land. Shall this be?’

‘Never!’ cried the half-dozen men near him.
Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Peter Why wrote: August 5th, 2018, 10:31 pm "Never" two versions, 9 seconds long: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_never_py.mp3

I think it sounds different enough from my narration.

I did look up the context, to get the intonation right. It might help other voices:
Good friends and gentlemen,’ he said, ‘who are bound with me in this brave venture by our King’s command, the false, foreign ship is close on our heels. If we land, they land, and only the gods know whether they might not beat us in fight, and themselves survive to carry back the tale of Tyre’s secret island to enrich their own miserable land. Shall this be?’

‘Never!’ cried the half-dozen men near him.
Peter
Thanks!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

mightyfelix wrote: August 5th, 2018, 9:35 pm Missing voice credits for:
  • Crowd Woman (Jasmin)
  • Cab Driver (Chris)
  • Speechmaker (Chris)
  • Voice 2 (Jasmin)
These may not be important, especially since these readers both have read for other characters as well, so they're still credited.
All of these can be left out, as most of these characters aren't named in the text anyway, and both of these readers also read for other roles.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

mightyfelix wrote: August 5th, 2018, 8:20 pm
SpockleDorf wrote: August 5th, 2018, 4:38 pm Pheles Chapter 13

Thank you!

Also, regarding the pronunciation of Tyre, you're the odd man out here. :wink: Normally, we allow variations in pronunciation, but I think here, it would be better to be in agreement, especially because of that chant towards the end of the chapter. You pronounced it as "Tear," but everyone else is saying "Tire." You can wait for confirmation from Beth if you like before recording, in case she doesn't mind leaving the varying pronunciation.

One last general remark regarding Chapter 13. For this line:
'Never!' cried the half-dozen men near him.
I only have two voices shouting "Never!" I've got Raj and StarlingReader. If one or two people would like to submit a quick "Never!" it would make that part sound much nicer! Pretty please? :D
Since you are correcting the file anyway, can we please have consistent pronunciation on "Tire"?

And if you could give us a "Never!" that would be great too!
SpockleDorf

Post by SpockleDorf »

Elizabby wrote: August 7th, 2018, 3:56 pm Since you are correcting the file anyway, can we please have consistent pronunciation on "Tire"?

And if you could give us a "Never!" that would be great too!
Sounds good! I'll have that corrected soon with the missing lines, the pronunciation of "Tire", and with the added "Never!".

Thanks,
SpockleDorf
DISCLAIMER: All typos were created specifically for your enjoyment and are free of charge.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 9 is PL OK!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The dedication/cast list is ready for PL. Let me know if you'd like anything in a different order. I just kind of went with what felt right to me. Also, if there are any snippets of background noise that I missed, since we've discovered you can sometimes hear it when I can't. :wink:
RajVO

Post by RajVO »

Great feeling, that the project is almost ready to be released!
My Project Catalog
Cheers, Raj.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 1 is ready for PL.