COMPLETE Fun of Getting Thin, The by Samuel G. Blythe-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Yes, in a solo, you are both the reader and the BC. It is the BC's responsibility to fill out the MW and then keep it updated as new sections are posted.

The instructions are Instructions are in the BC How-to

MaryAnn
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

OK, sorry, I had never done this before but I think I did it correctly. Please let me know if there's anything else there you think I need to fix/change. Thanks! 8-)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

No problem! It's a learning process that we all have been through.

Your MW looks great.

MaryAnn
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: August 5th, 2018, 3:54 pm No problem! It's a learning process that we all have been through.

Your MW looks great.

MaryAnn
Thanks, MaryAnn! 8-)
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Here's Chapter 3 --

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/funofgettingthin_03_blythe_128kb.mp3 22 min 20.989 sec / 20.95 KB

and that's it! :clap:

Thanks, everyone, for your help!

Also, is it too late to revise the summary? I was thinking of changing it, as follows:

"In this short, amusing book, subtitled "How to Be Thin and Reduce The Waist Line," Samuel G. Blythe (1868-1947) explains how he was able to lose, and keep off, 50 pounds, without resorting to fad diets or giving up the foods he loved. Over a hundred years later, his common-sense advice about food, drink and exercise still makes sense today. ***NOTE: It should be noted that there is language within this book that was commonplace during the time this book was written that is often considered offensive today.*** (Christine Lehman)

Let me know what you think - I'm definitely open to suggestions on the wording! But as someone who's recently lost a lot of weight in a similar manner, I wanted to get across the idea that his weight-loss method is actually very similar to what's still recommended today. :-)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Christine,

I can easily change the summary up until I actually catalog the project, you just need to let your BC know what changes you want.

I've updated the catalog record (behind the scenes) to reflect your new summary, but without the b/d dates on the Author (since those would be on his LV author page).

MaryAnn
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: August 8th, 2018, 11:25 am Christine,

I can easily change the summary up until I actually catalog the project, you just need to let your BC know what changes you want.

I've updated the catalog record (behind the scenes) to reflect your new summary, but without the b/d dates on the Author (since those would be on his LV author page).

MaryAnn
OK, I think that'll be fine, then, so:

"In this short, amusing book, subtitled "How to Be Thin and Reduce The Waist Line," Samuel G. Blythe explains how he was able to lose, and keep off, 50 pounds, without resorting to fad diets or giving up the foods he loved. Over a hundred years later, his common-sense advice about food, drink and exercise still makes sense today. ***NOTE: It should be noted that there is language within this book that was commonplace during the time this book was written that is often considered offensive today.*** (Christine Lehman)

Thanks so much, MaryAnn! 8-)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Great. Update made.
Ready to catalog once you get a PL OK on your final section. (Don't forget to post the link in the MW and update the status to "ready to PL")
MaryAnn
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: August 8th, 2018, 3:33 pm Great. Update made.
Ready to catalog once you get a PL OK on your final section. (Don't forget to post the link in the MW and update the status to "ready to PL")
MaryAnn
OK, sure. Was I supposed to do that for the first two as well? Did you do it for me? If so, thanks again!! :thumbs:
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

One more thing: Please let me know before Tuesday of next week (8/14) whether there's anything else I need to be doing on this project. My husband and I are leaving early the following day for a long train trip so I won't be able to do any edits/recording till we get home towards the end of the month.

THANK YOU!! 8-)
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Chapter 3 is PL OK.
Great job!
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

bhavya wrote: August 10th, 2018, 7:53 pm Chapter 3 is PL OK.
Great job!
Thank you!! :-)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-fun-of-getting-thin-by-samuel-g-blythe/

Contratulations on your first solo!

MaryAnn
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: August 11th, 2018, 2:52 pm This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-fun-of-getting-thin-by-samuel-g-blythe/

Contratulations on your first solo!

MaryAnn
Yay!! Thanks so much to everyone, especially you, MaryAnn, for your patient "shepherding" me through the process! :clap: