WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Tomas. You are PL OK. :thumbs:
supermikhail

Post by supermikhail »

Here's my attempt: https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/womenimnotmarriedto_adams_mk_128kb.mp3 1:58

About my name, I'm not sure if... I mean, there must have been similar situations, but, I've got a Russian name, and, apart from being complicated, when normally transliterated, it has kind of different initial sounds. So you'll see there "mk", whereas on the recording you'll hear clearly "m... h..." (although I'm sure it's quite popular in textbooks to compare that last sound to the "ch" in Scottish "loch"). All that seems really confusing. Maybe I should have asked this first...
msfry

Post by msfry »

supermikhail wrote: July 28th, 2018, 12:53 am Here's my attempt: https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/womenimnotmarriedto_adams_mk_128kb.mp3 1:58

About my name, I'm not sure if... I mean, there must have been similar situations, but, I've got a Russian name, and, apart from being complicated, when normally transliterated, it has kind of different initial sounds. So you'll see there "mk", whereas on the recording you'll hear clearly "m... h..." (although I'm sure it's quite popular in textbooks to compare that last sound to the "ch" in Scottish "loch"). All that seems really confusing. Maybe I should have asked this first...
Good Morning! I've listened to your poem and it sounds great! Perfectly understandable English, too. Checker reports volume at 86.6, at the very bottom end of our acceptable range, so for future recordings it would help to boost your volume just a tad. There is a slider bar on the Audacity platform for Volume, and depending on your mike, you might be able to adjust Gain and or Volume a wee bit higher. Otherwise all your specs are just right.

MK works fine.

As this is your first recording for LV, I'll need you to choose a Catalog Name that you want to appear in our Catalog of completed projects. This can be your Real Name, your username, or anything else you'd like to be searchable by. I use Michele Fry in the catalog so my friends and family can easily find me, and msfry as my username. It's your choice, but once chosen, can't be changed on catalogued material. As this project catalogues on Sunday, I will need this by tonight if possible.

Thanks for joining LV, and for contributing your poem. There is ALWAYS a poetry project going on and some rather regular readers participate, so I hope we'll see you here again. It's an easy gig, and always interesting to hear the varied interpretations.
supermikhail

Post by supermikhail »

Yeah... So if I don't want to inflict my real name on anyone who might need to type it in somewhere (especially since I sometimes get confused with how it should be transliterated), if I instead use my username... well, then it won't match my initials. Is that alright? And if so, do I need to redo my submission to include the correct Catalogue Name?
msfry

Post by msfry »

You can use your username as your catalog name, and MK makes sense with that.

But, some people use their real name even though it is unusual and/or hard to spell, and MK still works on this file. You can use different initials on later files. You choose.
Last edited by msfry on July 28th, 2018, 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
supermikhail

Post by supermikhail »

I don't think it makes sense to use my real name, at least not in the (majority) English-speaking part of the internet. I mean, I've kind of gotten excited about the idea that people could find me as an audiobook reader, but nobody is going to look me up in the Roman alphabet... Anyway, put me down as supermikhail, if that's all right.
msfry

Post by msfry »

supermikhail wrote: July 28th, 2018, 10:30 am I don't think it makes sense to use my real name, at least not in the (majority) English-speaking part of the internet. I mean, I've kind of gotten excited about the idea that people could find me as an audiobook reader, but nobody is going to look me up in the Roman alphabet... Anyway, put me down as supermikhail, if that's all right.
Ok, you are now in our catalog as supermikhail, and in the MW (Magic Window) of this project as such, marked PL OK! Congrats on your first contribution, and I look forward to seeing you around the LV playground. When you get a minute, I suggest you visit your User Control Panel (upper right corner on this page, down arrow by your username), and you can set up a signature like mine below, letting people know what to call you besides supermikhail or Hey you or Whatsyourname. You can also add a favorite quotation, and/or your website, which will append to all your posts, and change on all your posts whenever you change your signature, as some volunteers frequently do.
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you to all readers and to Michele for BCing again this week. :clap:

This project is now complete!
All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
https://librivox.org/women-im-not-married-to-by-franklin-pierce-adams/
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!