Hello from Eagle Mountain, Utah

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Sandmjones

Post by Sandmjones »

Hi, everybody!

Like most of you, I like to read and have loved reading books aloud to my seven children for the past 25 years. During that time, I have noticed that our local libraries are no longer carrying the old classics. They purchase cheap, trashy books to fill their shelves. This pains me. I love the mission of Librivox and look forward to trying my hand (er...voice) at recording books. If nothing else, I hope that someday my grandchildren can pull up a Librivox book and listen to grandma read to them. :)

A little about me...I'm the proverbial "jack-of-all-trades, master-of none." A homeschool mom with two college grads, two young adults in college, and three teens still at home, I love teaching kids--my own and those in the community--everything from math to music and literature to P.E. My dream for retirement is to turn our 5-acres into a paradise farm for kids where they can revel in nature and learn the joys of hard work.

For now, there is nothing I love more than spending time with my husband, playing bluegrass with my kids, and enjoying the peace and beauty of early mornings in the garden.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome! Your last sentence sounds idyllic. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine