COMPLETE[PLAY] The Dream by Joanna Baillie - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hey Tomas ! Great to have you back :9: sorry to hear you've caught a cold. Probably the air conditioning in the plane :?
Here is Mr. Osterloo for you. I have a cold right now and thought about holding off recording until it abated, but I figured the temporarily darker timbre of my voice suits the ambiguity of the character.
you did a brilliant job :clap: straight PL ok all of it. I love the very moody tone you keep up throughout. This man is really haunted by his past deeds. You're really the perfect gothic hero here. :thumbs: Thanks for having taken this role.

Oh and the hand-kissing was a nice touch 8-)

BTW Checker gave me a warning for a bit too much background noise, but it's ok, Chuck can maybe clean it a bit while assembling. Anyway, I had no problem listening to it all and it didn't disturb me too much.

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: July 13th, 2018, 2:52 am
Only one small note for the First Peasant:

> at 1:40: before “Hist hist..." – here you forgot to leave 2 seconds of pause, even though it was a separate quote. But no need to reupload as there were no other errors. Our editor will manage to cut and paste it out for once with a bit of fiddling.
Ooooh apologies. I must have cleaned that up but forgotten to put silence back between them.. It would be no effort for me to fix that & reupload, wouldn't that be easier for the editor?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 13th, 2018, 6:33 am Ooooh apologies. I must have cleaned that up but forgotten to put silence back between them.. It would be no effort for me to fix that & reupload, wouldn't that be easier for the editor?
it's as you wish. I think Chuck will manage for this one time ;) it's really only this one part, so you're forgiven :mrgreen:

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: July 13th, 2018, 8:29 am
Foon wrote: July 13th, 2018, 6:33 am Ooooh apologies. I must have cleaned that up but forgotten to put silence back between them.. It would be no effort for me to fix that & reupload, wouldn't that be easier for the editor?
it's as you wish. I think Chuck will manage for this one time ;) it's really only this one part, so you're forgiven :mrgreen:

Sonia
Are you kidding me? This is an easy fix. :-) Trust me, I've had to clean up some pretty grungy sound files during my time here.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Whiny Twist:

signofthegreedypig_twist_1_128kb
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

silverquill wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 10:15 am Whiny Twist:

Hi Larry! I think you might have posted this in the wrong thread. :-P
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ChuckW wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 11:37 am
silverquill wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 10:15 am Whiny Twist:

Hi Larry! I think you might have posted this in the wrong thread. :-P
Aha! There it is.... :lol: Yep, juggling too many things this morning I guess. Wondered why I couldn't find that. So, sorry.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Got my missing lines and corrections done, so I think Acts I and II should be okay for Prior.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_prior_1_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_prior_2_128kb.mp3
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: July 26th, 2018, 8:53 am Got my missing lines and corrections done, so I think Acts I and II should be okay for Prior.
yay thank you Larry. Oooooh but your prior is such a nasty person. What a contrast to Frank Chesney :mrgreen: But you're just as good in the role of the baddie as in the charmer. Good to be versatile :thumbs:

Act 1 is already PL ok.

For Act 2 I leave it up to Chuck to decide:

> at about 0:11: (p. 127) you have missed three OMNES lines on this page. But maybe Chuck didn't want to include the prior in the group reading :hmm: Do not re-record yet, let's first hear what our BC has to say about it.

Thanks !

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

silverquill wrote: July 26th, 2018, 8:53 am Got my missing lines and corrections done, so I think Acts I and II should be okay for Prior.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_prior_1_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_prior_2_128kb.mp3
Thanks Larry! Wonderfully performed, as always. :-)
Kitty wrote: July 26th, 2018, 9:19 am
yay thank you Larry. Oooooh but your prior is such a nasty person. What a contrast to Frank Chesney :mrgreen: But you're just as good in the role of the baddie as in the charmer. Good to be versatile :thumbs:

Act 1 is already PL ok.

For Act 2 I leave it up to Chuck to decide:

> at about 0:11: (p. 127) you have missed three OMNES lines on this page. But maybe Chuck didn't want to include the prior in the group reading :hmm: Do not re-record yet, let's first hear what our BC has to say about it.

Thanks !

Sonia
Actually, I'm okay with the Prior not expressing disbelief at what they find. It makes more dramatic sense if he and Osterloo are silent. So I think we'll let this one slide and mark it PL OK.
PROJECTS
Voxandis

Post by Voxandis »

Hello, can I grab sections 2-4 (Wovelreid)?
:D I'm looking for feedback on my recordings, especially on storytelling and character voices (but any feedback is welcome, I'm here to learn!). My recent contributions:

Fairytale: Tufty Riquet

Play: The Dream, role of Wovelreid: Act II, III
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Voxandis wrote: August 4th, 2018, 4:07 pm Hello, can I grab sections 2-4 (Wovelreid)?
Hi Voxandis! That would be excellent. Thank you!

I also noticed this is your first dramatic project. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about how anything is done here. It's all quite simple, but some first time volunteers usually have some queries.

And now we're done with all the major roles. Yay. :-)
PROJECTS
Voxandis

Post by Voxandis »

ChuckW wrote: August 4th, 2018, 4:17 pm
Voxandis wrote: August 4th, 2018, 4:07 pm Hello, can I grab sections 2-4 (Wovelreid)?
Hi Voxandis! That would be excellent. Thank you!

I also noticed this is your first dramatic project. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about how anything is done here. It's all quite simple, but some first time volunteers usually have some queries.

And now we're done with all the major roles. Yay. :-)
Great! Yes I will definitely let you know if I have questions. Thank you :)
:D I'm looking for feedback on my recordings, especially on storytelling and character voices (but any feedback is welcome, I'm here to learn!). My recent contributions:

Fairytale: Tufty Riquet

Play: The Dream, role of Wovelreid: Act II, III
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll take whichever part you want to give me in Act I, one of the servants in Act II, and the monk in Act III. I'm going at it blind - didn't read over the parts - so just shoot darts at the MW and give me what gets hit. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

TriciaG wrote: August 4th, 2018, 5:54 pm I'll take whichever part you want to give me in Act I, one of the servants in Act II, and the monk in Act III. I'm going at it blind - didn't read over the parts - so just shoot darts at the MW and give me what gets hit. 8-)
Oooo, thanks Tricia. I'll have to use this power responsibly. :-)

How about 2nd Peasant, 2nd Servant, and 1st Monk? I was going to cast you as one of the soldiers, but looking through the play, it seems their roles are a little meatier than I originally thought. I'd hate to dump all those lines on your unaware of what you're getting yourself into... so here you go. :-)

Thanks again! We're one step closer to finishing this!
PROJECTS