[COMPLETE][PORT.] Canaã, por Graça Aranha (1868-1931)-kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EvandroCunha wrote: July 6th, 2018, 7:09 am 1st question: should I start from book's 213 page or PDF's page 213?
:hmm: isn't this the same thing ? Please use the link in the first post.

Here is the direct link to pages 212 and 213 in the book: https://archive.org/stream/chanaan00aranuoft#page/212/mode/2up

your section would start with "Brederodes deu uma gargalhada e disse victorioso."

Thanks for asking ! I did not think there would be a difference.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
heittr

Post by heittr »

Ainda há necessidade de leitores? Alguma atualização? :hmm:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

heittr wrote: July 7th, 2018, 2:56 pm Ainda há necessidade de leitores? Alguma atualização? :hmm:
Ola heittr :) I hope you understand enough English, because my Portuguese is not so good. (google translate: Se tu precisas de uma tradução em português por favor me diga.) You can reply in Portuguese though, I understand enough.

Welcome to the forum and this project. :9: We are always happy to have new Portuguese readers for our projects. As you can see in the first post, there are still 2 sections open: Section 7 "Capítulo VI Parte 1" (from p. 190 till 212 bottom / 23 pages) and Section 11 "Capítulo IX" (p. 291 / 31 pages).

It is really recommendable though that you do a One-Minute-Test first, to check that all your technical settings are up to LibriVox standard. You can upload and post your test here: viewforum.php?f=21 Just create a new thread and post the link there and maybe also include what microphone or program you are using. Someone will give you feedback then.

When you have passed your test you can tell me which section you want to claim, and I can reserve it for you. To open your reader page I need the reader name you want to use. Can be the same as your forum name or your real name, as you wish.

These two sections are very long, probably over 30 minutes, so I can understand if you want to start with something smaller first. If you want to read in Portuguese there is always the Multilingual project: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=70768 Here you can post a short poem in Portuguese, to start with something small to test the waters, if you wish. You can take any poem or text you like, just make sure it is in the public domain. The text has to be published before 1923 and for most of the countries the author has to be dead for 70 years.

If there are still questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hi, Sonia! :D I do agree with you: weekends are always welcome whether the climate is good or not! The same happens with holidays.

Today is a holiday here in Brazil, and then I could run in order to get on more chapter recorded. The professional who is about to build my home studio with those drywalls had to postpone his task for tomorrow, because I live in a condominium, and it is forbidden to make any noises in certain days, like weekends and holidays. :cry: No need to say I am dying of eagerness, right?!

Maybe you will notice a slight difference in the sound: I got a pre-amp, and it improved a little the final quality. Anyways, I'm going to improve it even better with the appropriate acoustic treatment in the room and get a high-quality microphone.
:clap:

Below is chapter 10:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_10_aranha_128kb.mp3
DURATION: 39:17

Have a great week,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you for your section, Adriana :9: I just listened to it and it's perfectly PL ok. :thumbs: I loved the voices you did, especially little Gloria :lol: she sounds so sweet.

edit: I just changed the file name. It was chapter 10 but Section 12, so the file name should have had the number 12 included.
The professional who is about to build my home studio with those drywalls had to postpone his task for tomorrow, because I live in a condominium, and it is forbidden to make any noises in certain days, like weekends and holidays. :cry: No need to say I am dying of eagerness, right?!
oh yes I can understand eagerness to get started with something and it's awful if you're held back by circumstances :lol: I hope you get your studio set up soon
Maybe you will notice a slight difference in the sound: I got a pre-amp, and it improved a little the final quality. Anyways, I'm going to improve it even better with the appropriate acoustic treatment in the room and get a high-quality microphone.
it sounds perfect to my ear :)

Many thanks ! We are getting close to the end of the book :9:

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: July 10th, 2018, 1:53 am thank you for your section, Adriana I just listened to it and it's perfectly PL ok. I loved the voices you did, especially little Gloria she sounds so sweet.
:lol: Really? Did you like the voices? Thank you, Sonia! :D I'm glad I was able to contribute with one more little brick to the building of this that is a great project.
Kitty wrote: July 10th, 2018, 1:53 am oh yes I can understand eagerness to get started with something and it's awful if you're held back by circumstances I hope you get your studio set up soon
I will let you informed as soon as I get it all set up! Thank you again for your words!

Have a nice day! :9:
A big hug,

Adriana
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I didn't hear back from Esther, so Sections 13 and 14 have been opened up again. If anybody is interested in doing a shorter section in here for once ;)

Hope you guys are all ok !

Sonia
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

:D Hi Sonia,

I finish recording my sections and I started the editing part, so very soon I will send you my sections. Happy holi
days!
Let's give Peace a chance. :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote: August 14th, 2018, 5:12 am :D Hi Sonia,

I finish recording my sections and I started the editing part, so very soon I will send you my sections. Happy holi
days!
thank you, Mayah :9: looking forward to them

also hope you have some holidays too. Mine are very relaxing for the moment 8-)

Sonia
EvandroCunha

Post by EvandroCunha »

Hi there,

I hope to finish my section tomorrow.

It's harder than i thought, but really nice to do.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EvandroCunha wrote: August 14th, 2018, 8:34 am I hope to finish my section tomorrow.

It's harder than i thought, but really nice to do.
thank you for letting us know :)

yes for a first section, you unfortunately had to pick a longer one. I'm sorry. Right now there are shorter sections available (only 9 pages), but now that you have recorded already, I guess it's best if you finish that one first.

Where are you having problems ? Maybe something I can help you with ?

Sonia
EvandroCunha

Post by EvandroCunha »

Done!

section 8
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_08_aranha_128kb.mp3
24m35s

This is my first recording, so feel free to point out faults or even reject my section.

Thank you.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EvandroCunha wrote: August 15th, 2018, 12:20 pmThis is my first recording, so feel free to point out faults or even reject my section.
thank you Evandro, I will try to PL tonight still, or at the latest tomorrow. And yes I will give you feedback and point out errors, if there are any. Though I don't think you need to fear complete rejection. The majority of errors are either negligible or easy to correct. We very very rarely have to reject any recordings here.

I'll let you know :) Thank you for this at least. 24 minutes is a big feat for your first section ever.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

EvandroCunha wrote: August 15th, 2018, 12:20 pm Done!
section 8
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/canaa_08_aranha_128kb.mp3
24m35s
This is my first recording, so feel free to point out faults or even reject my section.
Thank you.
ok, Evandro, I finished listening to the section and can put your mind at ease. It's PL ok on the first go :clap: Congratulations to your first official LV recording.

You had all the technical things correct, the intro and outro correct and your reading was excellent to listen to. Not too fast for me to follow, clear speech, and read with appropriate emphasis. Also: word perfect. What more could we want ? It's a really good first recording and I hope you liked the process as well, so that we will hear more from you in the future. As you can see, there are some shorter sections available again ;)

Thank you !

Sonia
EvandroCunha

Post by EvandroCunha »

thank you Sonia.

I'm glad it was ok. It was really nice to do, i almost got entire section by heart so many times listening and listening again haha.

Sure I'll try to do more and i'm openned for any tip.

Thank you again.

May I try section 14?