[COMPLETE] The Book of American Negro Poetry -ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KahlilB

Post by KahlilB »

ChuckW wrote: July 19th, 2018, 5:08 am
KahlilB wrote: July 18th, 2018, 9:41 pm Hey yall,

I'm waiting for an okay on my one minute test. Could I tentatively ask for a few sections; 4, 7 and 34?
I'd be happy to have you, KahlilB! Thanks!

What name do you want me to enter into the catalogue? This will be the name that appears in the reader list. It could be your real name, a pseudonym, or an internet handle. Just let me know and I'll sign you up! :-)
Kahlil B is fine :)
thanks!
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

KahlilB wrote: July 21st, 2018, 7:23 am
ChuckW wrote: July 19th, 2018, 5:08 am
KahlilB wrote: July 18th, 2018, 9:41 pm Hey yall,

I'm waiting for an okay on my one minute test. Could I tentatively ask for a few sections; 4, 7 and 34?
I'd be happy to have you, KahlilB! Thanks!

What name do you want me to enter into the catalogue? This will be the name that appears in the reader list. It could be your real name, a pseudonym, or an internet handle. Just let me know and I'll sign you up! :-)
Kahlil B is fine :)
thanks!
Great! Thank you. :-)

You're officially signed up.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
KahlilB

Post by KahlilB »

Hey yall,

Got some time to record the appendix today. Here's the upload.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofamericannegropoetry_34_johnson_128kb.mp3
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

KahlilB wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 8:42 am Hey yall,

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofamericannegropoetry_34_johnson_128kb.mp3
Hi Kahlil!

Excellent recordings! I'm very, very impressed... and so happy you decided to help us out with this project. Thank you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I found only one error, and it's an incredibly minor one: at the end you say "End of Appendix." This should be "End of [Section #]" instead (in this case, "End of Section 34"). Other than that, this recording is flawless. Well done!
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ReaderofWisdom

Post by ReaderofWisdom »

Hey, can I also take on the first two preface sections?
Turning and turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot escape the falconer...

Thanks,
RoW
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

ReaderofWisdom wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 10:35 am Hey, can I also take on the first two preface sections?
That would actually be incredibly helpful! Thank you so much! :-)
PROJECTS
Farnood

Post by Farnood »

Hi,

I would like to claim section 8, 10 and 11.

Thanks,

Farnood :)
Farnood

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation" (Thoreau)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Farnood wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 12:43 pm Hi,

I would like to claim section 8, 10 and 11.

Thanks,

Farnood :)
That would be great! Thank you. :-)
PROJECTS
ReaderofWisdom

Post by ReaderofWisdom »

Hey Chuck. For the two preface pieces, do I still have to do the basic Librivox intro/outro? For instance, would I say "Preface part 1 of The Book of American Negro Poetry....", end it with "this recording is in the public domain", then do the same for the second part of the preface?
Turning and turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot escape the falconer...

Thanks,
RoW
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

ReaderofWisdom wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 11:02 am Hey Chuck. For the two preface pieces, do I still have to do the basic Librivox intro/outro? For instance, would I say "Preface part 1 of The Book of American Negro Poetry....", end it with "this recording is in the public domain", then do the same for the second part of the preface?
Yes, that's right. Standard LV intro for both sections, with section #s and "Preface Part [#]" right at the top.

Thanks again!
PROJECTS
KahlilB

Post by KahlilB »

ChuckW wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 9:16 am

Hi Kahlil!

Excellent recordings! I'm very, very impressed... and so happy you decided to help us out with this project. Thank you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I found only one error, and it's an incredibly minor one: at the end you say "End of Appendix." This should be "End of [Section #]" instead (in this case, "End of Section 34"). Other than that, this recording is flawless. Well done!
Oh shoot! I did it at both ends of the recording but only corrected the beginning portion. Silly me :D . I'll resend that recording through today or tomorrow.
Foon

Post by Foon »

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofamericannegropoetry_05_johnson_128kb.mp3 10:48

There was one "dialect" poem which I overlooked while claiming. It's not my strong suit, but I tried to make the best of it. I hope it's alright like this!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Foon wrote: July 24th, 2018, 7:16 am https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofamericannegropoetry_05_johnson_128kb.mp3 10:48

There was one "dialect" poem which I overlooked while claiming. It's not my strong suit, but I tried to make the best of it. I hope it's alright like this!
No worries, Foon. I'm sure it came out great. :-) Those dialect poems are tricky though. I tried to read one to myself the other day and had a really hard time wrapping my lips around some of the language.

I'm taking my daughter to the library right now, but will listen to this when I get back. Thanks again! :-)
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Foon wrote: July 24th, 2018, 7:16 am https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofamericannegropoetry_05_johnson_128kb.mp3 10:48

PL OK! :-) A truly excellent recording. Well done.

Thanks again!
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

KahlilB wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 3:08 pm
ChuckW wrote: July 22nd, 2018, 9:16 am

Hi Kahlil!

Oh shoot! I did it at both ends of the recording but only corrected the beginning portion. Silly me :D . I'll resend that recording through today or tomorrow.
Thank you. :-)
PROJECTS