[COMPLETE] The Book of American Negro Poetry -ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

May I claim 19 Georgia Douglas Johnson?
Thank you
AnnaLisa56
Now everyone, big or little, has a story.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

MakrygiannisS wrote: July 17th, 2018, 6:39 am Hello,

I would like to contribute and reserve the
18 R. NATHANIEL DETT 141 words Open

Please confirm.

Thank you
Hi MakrygiannisS! Welcome to Librivox... and thanks for volunteering! I'd be happy to have you onboard. :-)

Before I can officially sign you up for this section, you will need to complete and have approved a one-minute test (there's a separate thread for it). This is not an audition; it's just to make sure your technical settings are all correct. Let me know when get to results of that recording.

Then secondly, I need to know the name you want to use as your reader name. This can be your forum name or real name or any other pseudonym -- up to you. Then I can open your personal reader page.

Once your test is approved, you can start working on the section. Just post back here to confirm, so I can make the claim official. :) In the first post you'll see all the details for correct file-naming and intro/outro.

Thanks again!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Annalisa56 wrote: July 17th, 2018, 8:02 am May I claim 19 Georgia Douglas Johnson?
Thank you
AnnaLisa56
You got it. :-) Thank you so much!
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

dwgore wrote: July 17th, 2018, 8:00 am Correction needed: right after uploading 14, 22, and 25, I noticed in the magic window that you had assigned me to #24 (Anne Spencer) instead of #25 (Alex Rogers).

Thanks,
David Gore
Oh, crud. Not sure how that happened. Sorry. :hmm:

Anyway, thanks for the additional recordings! I'll listen to these whenever I get a free moment. :-)
PROJECTS
MakrygiannisS

Post by MakrygiannisS »

ChuckW wrote: July 17th, 2018, 9:11 am
MakrygiannisS wrote: July 17th, 2018, 6:39 am Hello,

Hi MakrygiannisS! Welcome to Librivox... and thanks for volunteering! I'd be happy to have you onboard. :-)

Before I can officially sign you up for this section, you will need to complete and have approved a one-minute test (there's a separate thread for it). This is not an audition; it's just to make sure your technical settings are all correct. Let me know when get to results of that recording.

Thanks again!
The test sample.
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_sotirismakrygiannis.mp3
Know thyself, consumer!
KahlilB

Post by KahlilB »

Hey yall,

I'm waiting for an okay on my one minute test. Could I tentatively ask for a few sections; 4, 7 and 34?
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

KahlilB wrote: July 18th, 2018, 9:41 pm Hey yall,

I'm waiting for an okay on my one minute test. Could I tentatively ask for a few sections; 4, 7 and 34?
I'd be happy to have you, KahlilB! Thanks!

What name do you want me to enter into the catalogue? This will be the name that appears in the reader list. It could be your real name, a pseudonym, or an internet handle. Just let me know and I'll sign you up! :-)
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Hi there! Not sure if you saw this, but Elizabby posted your sound file in the Listener's Wanted thread.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=71044

Looks like you need to make some slight adjustments before you're ready to record. Go ahead and re-record this file with all the correct tech specifications and you should be good to go.

You also never told me what name you want in the catalogue. :-)
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

dwgore wrote: July 17th, 2018, 7:53 am I just uploaded sections 14, 22, and 25. Respectively, these are:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofamericannegropoetry_14_johnson_128kb.mp3 - runtime 6:14
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofamericannegropoetry_22_johnson_128kb.mp3 - runtime 1:51
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofamericannegropoetry_25_johnson_128kb.mp3 - runtime 6:06

Thank you for your critique/commentary.

David Gore
Finally got around to listening to these. Three more excellent recordings! Thank you! :-) "Rain Song," in particular, sounded like a tough one to get through. I'm glad it turned out so well.

All three of these are PL OK. Thanks for helping out so much with this project!
PROJECTS
ReaderofWisdom

Post by ReaderofWisdom »

Can I take the George Marion McClellan section?
Turning and turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot escape the falconer...

Thanks,
RoW
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

ReaderofWisdom wrote: July 19th, 2018, 8:12 am Can I take the George Marion McClellan section?
That would be wonderful! Thank you! :-)
PROJECTS
Foon

Post by Foon »

May I claim section 5?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Foon wrote: July 19th, 2018, 11:02 am May I claim section 5?
That would be great! Thank you so much! :-)
PROJECTS
Silvervixen

Post by Silvervixen »

Good morning, I am new -hence the following question...I have opened the text to read from and chosen a few I would like to record however I don't see any numbering to determine section. For instance how do I list William H Moore Dusk Song. Ive opened the file and I see the list but no numbers to indicate section. Thanks for your help.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Silvervixen wrote: July 20th, 2018, 7:58 am Good morning, I am new -hence the following question...I have opened the text to read from and chosen a few I would like to record however I don't see any numbering to determine section. For instance how do I list William H Moore Dusk Song. Ive opened the file and I see the list but no numbers to indicate section. Thanks for your help.
No problem, Silvervixen. I'm happy to help.

The numbering refers to individual section numbers, which can be found in the MW (Magic Window) included in the list post. The first column, which is labeled "Section," gives you the section or chapter number for each part.
PROJECTS