COMPLETE [DR] Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin-ma

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

junerinRG wrote: July 17th, 2018, 2:07 pm Can I be Minnie Smellie?
That'd be great! Thank you! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Elizabby wrote: July 17th, 2018, 2:16 pm Hi Twinkle!

This project appears to have two PLs but there are 12 files ready for PL and nobody has listened to any of them... Do both of your PLs understand the division of duties? I hope they aren't both waiting for the final edited files to appear in the MW! ;)

The one disadvantage of doing multiple links in the one section of the MW is that sometimes new PLs don't see the links are live, and aren't sure how to handle a partial PL OK situation!
Thanks for the advice! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Shasta wrote: July 18th, 2018, 8:56 pm Thank you. So I wish to claim Rev. Burch. I will promptly check him out and check back if I see any problem around the fact that this my first dramatic reading.
Thank you, Shasta! I'll sign you up! :) And please let me know if you have any questions.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

And thanks for swooping in to help out during my absence yesterday, Beth! :)
Ryuken

Post by Ryuken »

Alright, here's my small part. Hope I didn't forget anything:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_30_will.mp3 (0 min 23 sec)
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Intructions for the beginning of the recording say: Role and read by. Do I also say "This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings . . . . etc. "?
Russ Bruno
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Shasta wrote: July 19th, 2018, 11:03 am Intructions for the beginning of the recording say: Role and read by. Do I also say "This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings . . . . etc. "?
I don't believe you have to say that part unless you're the Narrator. :)
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Ok, so I have located the text for my Reverend Burch part. I assume that I do not need to say "Rev. Burch" before reading what he says, right? Even though it is in red. Also, do I begin by saying "Reverend Burch, read by Shasta" and then go to the several places that Reverend Burch says something but without repeating "Reverend Burch, read by Shasta" at each place? I assume so. Also, how do I separate the several places that Rev. Burch says things from each other? Or is each place where he says something a separate recording? I think not. Sorry for all these questions, but this is my first dramatic reading.
Russ Bruno
stoogeswoman

Post by stoogeswoman »

Shasta wrote: July 19th, 2018, 12:01 pm Ok, so I have located the text for my Reverend Burch part. I assume that I do not need to say "Rev. Burch" before reading what he says, right? Even though it is in red. Also, do I begin by saying "Reverend Burch, read by Shasta" and then go to the several places that Reverend Burch says something but without repeating "Reverend Burch, read by Shasta" at each place? I assume so. Also, how do I separate the several places that Rev. Burch says things from each other? Or is each place where he says something a separate recording? I think not. Sorry for all these questions, but this is my first dramatic reading.
Hi, Shasta --
1. No, you don't say "Rev. Burch," just the lines after that appears each time.
2. Just say "Reverend Burch, read by Shasta," once, at the beginning of each chapter.
3. Leave a few seconds in between each separate line/paragraph (I usually aim for 3-4 seconds).

Hope that helps!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Ryuken wrote: July 19th, 2018, 10:10 am Alright, here's my small part. Hope I didn't forget anything:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/rebecca_30_will.mp3 (0 min 23 sec)
Awesome! Thank you! :clap:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

stoogeswoman wrote: July 19th, 2018, 12:42 pm
Shasta wrote: July 19th, 2018, 12:01 pm Ok, so I have located the text for my Reverend Burch part. I assume that I do not need to say "Rev. Burch" before reading what he says, right? Even though it is in red. Also, do I begin by saying "Reverend Burch, read by Shasta" and then go to the several places that Reverend Burch says something but without repeating "Reverend Burch, read by Shasta" at each place? I assume so. Also, how do I separate the several places that Rev. Burch says things from each other? Or is each place where he says something a separate recording? I think not. Sorry for all these questions, but this is my first dramatic reading.
Hi, Shasta --
1. No, you don't say "Rev. Burch," just the lines after that appears each time.
2. Just say "Reverend Burch, read by Shasta," once, at the beginning of each chapter.
3. Leave a few seconds in between each separate line/paragraph (I usually aim for 3-4 seconds).

Hope that helps!
Agreed! :) If you have any more questions, Shasta, please ask! :)
ErickMcFarlow

Post by ErickMcFarlow »

Oh my gosh, I forgot all about this project and I forgot to subscribe to it! :oops: I am so sorry. I am going to start PLing soon. Oh my gosh, I can't believe I just did that. I am so sorry :oops: