COMPLETE[Group] The Way of Holiness, SL Brengle-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The Way of Holiness by Samuel Logan Brengle (1860 - 1936).

Samuel Logan Brengle was a commissioner in the Salvation Army. His books are known for the practicality, joyfulness and authenticity. His life was spent working with people on the streets, so his insights into the work of the Holy Spirit are relevant to everyday life. His holiness was that of the street, the kitchen, and everyday life. His stories are of men and women living their daily lives. This is the third book in his "Holiness" series, which focuses on becoming like Jesus. (may be amended before cataloguing) ( Beth Thomas)
  • This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-way-of-holiness-by-samuel-logan-brengle/

1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/wayofholiness00bren
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================

============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Other

Keywords that describe the book: Christian living, salvation army, brengle

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of The Way of Holiness. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "The Way of Holiness, by Samuel Logan Brengle. [Chapter]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of The Way of Holiness, by Samuel Logan Brengle. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      wayofholiness_##_brengle_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. wayofholiness_01_brengle_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by Elizabby on July 18th, 2018, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Beth,
I'll MC this for you and keep this here for a few days to be noticed by potential prooflisteners.
Cheers!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
MakrygiannisS

Post by MakrygiannisS »

Hello,

I would like to reserve the following:

Title Reader Notes Listen Url Status
0 Open
1 Open
2 Open
3 Open
4 Open
5 Open

Please confirm.

Thank you
Know thyself, consumer!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi MakrygiannisS! Welcome to Librivox... and thanks for volunteering! I'd be happy to have you onboard. :-)

Before I can officially sign you up, you will need to complete and have approved a one-minute test (there's a separate thread for it). This is not an audition; it's just to make sure your technical settings are all correct. Let me know when you get the results of that recording and have a catalogue name created.

Also, just a comment specifically about this project - that's quite a lot of chapters to claim at once. I realize it's a short book but I think start with one or two and claim more after you've recorded those. This is an Archive scanned book, and some people find those tiring on the eyes in big chunks.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'd like to read 8 and 11, please. :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Devorah! I'll fill in the MW later today - I'm at work at the moment!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

May I have 10 and 13 to start.
If there any of the first five, I'd like to take some there, but we'll see if our new eager reader comes through.
~ Larry
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

OK, the MW is mostly filled in, and I think all the current claims are in. I will PL until/unless we get a DPL.
MakrygiannisS

Post by MakrygiannisS »

Elizabby wrote: July 17th, 2018, 1:59 pm
Also, just a comment specifically about this project - that's quite a lot of chapters to claim at once. I realize it's a short book but I think start with one or two and claim more after you've recorded those. This is an Archive scanned book, and some people find those tiring on the eyes in big chunks.
Agreed, allocate less for start.

The test file
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_sotirismakrygiannis.mp3
Know thyself, consumer!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The test file needs to be uploaded to the Listener's forum - I'm a Book Coordinator, not a technical checker.

I'll go ahead and allocate you to Chapter 5, as it's the shortest of the group you requested. Please don't record it until your 1 min test is OK, or you risk having to do it all over again!
MakrygiannisS

Post by MakrygiannisS »

Elizabby wrote: July 18th, 2018, 2:26 pm The test file needs to be uploaded to the Listener's forum - I'm a Book Coordinator, not a technical checker.

I'll go ahead and allocate you to Chapter 5, as it's the shortest of the group you requested. Please don't record it until your 1 min test is OK, or you risk having to do it all over again!
Im a bit lost, please advice where is the Listeners forum, I saw the test option and used that one. Do i have to move the file? since the URL is there.

Thank you
Know thyself, consumer!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The URL is fine. What you need to do is go to the forum called "Listeners and Editors Wanted". If you see a lot of topics there that say "1 minute test" or something similar, you're in the right place. Create a new topic there. You can title it MakrygiannisS Test, or something like that. Then post the URL there.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

This may help: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=9oTSlFSoEeY Start watching at around 3:20, and that should answer your question.

EDIT: The look of the forum has changed since this video was made, but the layout is essentially the same.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

You don't need to move the file - I've actually already posted it to the forum over there, so go have a look! :9:

I don't think there's any feedback yet though.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Hello Beth.

It looks like someone might need to listen to all this fine reading.

May I?

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.