COMPLETE: Junior Classics Vol. 4: Heroes and Heroines of Chivalry, by W Patten - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

robinlamb wrote: July 15th, 2018, 5:52 pm Here is the length to section 23: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_23_patten_128kb.mp3 Length: 5:50.
Section 23 is very nicely read! You have a very clear reading voice :clap:

I have one comment on it. From around 3:55 to the end of your recording, there is a rather audible buzz/hiss in the background (maybe computer fans kicking in?)
This should be easily fixed with noise reduction. Let me know if you need help with how to do that.

Cheers,
Foon
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Walnut

Post by Walnut »

Hello,
Could I claim sections 1-5 please?
I try to avoid voice cracks in my recordings.
To PLers- please correct sloppy pronunciation or weird slurring :/
Foon

Post by Foon »

Absolutely! Happy recording! :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Bill Mosley

Post by Bill Mosley »

I would like to do Sections 46-50, If you don't mind El Cid sounding like he roped broncs in Texas.....
Bill

How did it get so late so soon?
It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
~Dr. Seuss
Foon

Post by Foon »

Haha, no worries! All yours, have fun with it! :D

Readers needed:
robinlamb

Post by robinlamb »

Thank you. Here is the new file: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_23_patten_128kb.mp3 It should be the same length. I had already cleaned it once, but it apparently didn't get rid of that buzz at the end. I cleaned it again and I think it's gone.
Foon

Post by Foon »

robinlamb wrote: July 17th, 2018, 6:58 am Thank you. Here is the new file: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_23_patten_128kb.mp3 It should be the same length. I had already cleaned it once, but it apparently didn't get rid of that buzz at the end. I cleaned it again and I think it's gone.
Thanks! You're in for spot PL, I hope to be able to do it later today! :)

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

robinlamb wrote: July 17th, 2018, 6:58 am Thank you. Here is the new file: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_23_patten_128kb.mp3 It should be the same length. I had already cleaned it once, but it apparently didn't get rid of that buzz at the end. I cleaned it again and I think it's gone.
Much better, thank you!
Section 23 is now PL OK! :thumbs:

Readers needed:
robinlamb

Post by robinlamb »

I have the other two King Horn chapters recorded, just need to do some editing and I will post them later tonight. I would like to also read sections 40, 41, 42, and 43.
Foon

Post by Foon »

robinlamb wrote: July 18th, 2018, 2:03 pm I have the other two King Horn chapters recorded, just need to do some editing and I will post them later tonight. I would like to also read sections 40, 41, 42, and 43.
Excellent, they're all yours! :D

Readers needed:
Bill Mosley

Post by Bill Mosley »

Howdy from Texas!

Here's

46 The Spanish Chronicle of the Cid - Part 1: Why Don Sancho Attacked His Neighbors

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_46_patten_128kb.mp3

7:39

Bill
Bill

It’s night before it’s afternoon.
December is here before it’s June.
My goodness how the time has flewn.
~Dr. Seuss
robinlamb

Post by robinlamb »

Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks both! You're in for PL! :D

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Bill Mosley wrote: July 18th, 2018, 4:31 pm 46 The Spanish Chronicle of the Cid - Part 1: Why Don Sancho Attacked His Neighbors

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_46_patten_128kb.mp3

7:39
Hi Bill,

Excellently read! I like Texan Cid! :mrgreen:

I have only 1 very minor comment:
0:36 There is no need to repeat the section number at the end of the introduction and disclaimer. So in
"Junior Classics Vol. 4: Heroes and Heroines of Chivalry, by William Patten. Section 46, the Spanish Chronicle of the Cid, Part 1, Why Don Sancho Attacked his Neighbors"
you can leave out the words in bold. It's not such a big deal, but for consistency with the other sections, could you snip those two words out?

Cheers,
Foon

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

robinlamb wrote: July 18th, 2018, 10:32 pm Here is the link to section 26: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_26_patten_128kb.mp3 Length: 5:13
Hi Robin,

Nicely read again!

One note, only for the intro:
0:15 Please include the title of the book, author, and chapter title here. "Junior Classics Vol. 4: Heroes and Heroines of Chivalry, by William Patten. Tales from Early English Chronicles, Part 4: Horn in Exile”

I'll get your other section done soon too!

Readers needed: