COMPLETE[PLAY] The Dream by Joanna Baillie - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gauguin

Post by gauguin »

ChuckW wrote: July 9th, 2018, 10:42 am
gauguin wrote: July 9th, 2018, 7:43 am
Kitty wrote: July 8th, 2018, 11:39 pm
thank you for stepping in while I was asleep, Chuck :)

Sonia
Can't wait to hear what Jerome will sound like against the Prior and Osterloo :D
I can't either! I loved your performance and am eager to hear the whole thing. :-)
:P
Foon

Post by Foon »

May I claim 1st Peasant, 1st Servant, and 1st Executioner?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 11th, 2018, 8:42 am May I claim 1st Peasant, 1st Servant, and 1st Executioner?
haha the first of everything ;) why not ? I'll sign you up, thanks !
so now we're having two female executioners :shock: poor Osterloo :?

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: I only just now noticed !!!! Sorry about that. I will PL them first thing tomorrow morning !

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Foon wrote: July 11th, 2018, 8:42 am May I claim 1st Peasant, 1st Servant, and 1st Executioner?
Yay! Thanks Foon! :-)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: July 11th, 2018, 10:14 am
:shock: I only just now noticed !!!! Sorry about that. I will PL them first thing tomorrow morning !

Sonia
Haha. No worries. It's not like this is a starring role or anything. :-P
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: July 11th, 2018, 10:46 amHaha. No worries. It's not like this is a starring role or anything. :-P
ah don't say that. Morand has quite some good sentences in here. And you played him really really well. :thumbs: He is quite a soft-spoken person, for a soldier. I liked the whole performance a lot. :9:

Acts 1 and 2 are already PL ok, although Act 2 is a bit under 86 dB. In any case, Acts 1 and 3 also are only about 86 dB, so in the end you may have to amp to volume a little bit on it all.

I have a couple of corrections noted down for Act 3:

> at 1:01: (p. 161): “Pardon me, Lady, that I forgot you in your extremity” – you only say “forgot your extremity” which gives it a strange Freudian-slip twist :lol:

> at about 2:00: (p. 162): missing lines: “Fear, dost thou call it ! Set him this moment in the field of battle, with death threatening him from a hundred points at once, and he would brave it most valiantly.

thanks !

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Thanks Foon! :-) Very nicely read.

We might finish this project yet.

I’ll update the MW when I get home.
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: July 12th, 2018, 1:17 am
ChuckW wrote: July 11th, 2018, 10:46 amHaha. No worries. It's not like this is a starring role or anything. :-P
ah don't say that. Morand has quite some good sentences in here. And you played him really really well. :thumbs: He is quite a soft-spoken person, for a soldier. I liked the whole performance a lot. :9:

Acts 1 and 2 are already PL ok, although Act 2 is a bit under 86 dB. In any case, Acts 1 and 3 also are only about 86 dB, so in the end you may have to amp to volume a little bit on it all.

I have a couple of corrections noted down for Act 3:

> at 1:01: (p. 161): “Pardon me, Lady, that I forgot you in your extremity” – you only say “forgot your extremity” which gives it a strange Freudian-slip twist :lol:

> at about 2:00: (p. 162): missing lines: “Fear, dost thou call it ! Set him this moment in the field of battle, with death threatening him from a hundred points at once, and he would brave it most valiantly.

thanks !

Sonia
Thanks Sonia. Glad to hear it, especially since I only begrudgingly took this role (but took it in the interest of finishing this up). I’ll post the corrections soon.
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

You know, I even remember misreading that "your extremity" line and thinking to myself, "What on earth is Joanna Baillie getting at here???" I feel like such a dope.

Anyway, here's the corrected file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_morand_3.mp3
PROJECTS
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hey Chuck,

Here is Mr. Osterloo for you. I have a cold right now and thought about holding off recording until it abated, but I figured the temporarily darker timbre of my voice suits the ambiguity of the character.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_osterloo_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_osterloo_2.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_osterloo_3.mp3

I hope it's okay, and the performance is passable. This is my first day recording after almost a month-long absence from the mic. :oops:
Tomas Peter
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

WiltedScribe wrote: July 12th, 2018, 7:52 pm Hey Chuck,

Here is Mr. Osterloo for you. I have a cold right now and thought about holding off recording until it abated, but I figured the temporarily darker timbre of my voice suits the ambiguity of the character.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_osterloo_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_osterloo_2.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_osterloo_3.mp3

I hope it's okay, and the performance is passable. This is my first day recording after almost a month-long absence from the mic. :oops:
I rather like this performance, actually. The rough, haggard quality of your voice suits the character quite well. (And yeesh, summer colds are the absolute worst. Just shook off something similar myself a couple of weeks ago. Hope you're getting better).

Welcome back, by the way. :-)
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: July 12th, 2018, 7:04 pm You know, I even remember misreading that "your extremity" line and thinking to myself, "What on earth is Joanna Baillie getting at here???" I feel like such a dope.
:lol: I had that problem already as well. Always feels strange after someone points out the error.

Anyway, Morand is now completely PL ok. Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

8-) well done, Foon. All three are PL ok. Your executioner even sounded very empathic. I guess he was more humane than most of these monks in this play. :?

Only one small note for the First Peasant:

> at 1:40: before “Hist hist..." – here you forgot to leave 2 seconds of pause, even though it was a separate quote. But no need to reupload as there were no other errors. Our editor will manage to cut and paste it out for once with a bit of fiddling.

Thanks !

Sonia