Post by ShiNeko »

Section 10 Ruiten PL OK!
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭
benderca

Post by benderca »

ShiNeko wrote: July 9th, 2018, 7:19 am Section 10 Ruiten PL OK!
Yay!

Just wanted to let you all know that I've recorded all my assigned roles for the one-act plays. "Just" need to edit. :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ShiNeko wrote: July 9th, 2018, 7:19 am Section 10 Ruiten PL OK!
thank you, will update MW. :)

did you see Foon's question concerning the preface of the play ? Do you want it included ?

viewtopic.php?p=1484133#p1484133

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Here's the Narrator for Chitra. I've not included the preface, but can always add it if it turns out to be needed. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/chitra_narrator_tagore_128kb.mp3
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 11th, 2018, 6:15 am Here's the Narrator for Chitra. I've not included the preface, but can always add it if it turns out to be needed. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/chitra_narrator_tagore_128kb.mp3
good call ;) we'll see what Nastya says when she PLs the section. Meanwhile I'm updating the MW.

thanks !

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Another thing. I've found a play that seems pretty funny to me, and I'd love to try my hand at BCing a One Act Play. However, I can't seem to find out anything about the author, i.e., I don't know if this is public domain for me (Life+70).
It is the play below. Would anyone be able to help me find out the author's death date/if this is PD for me?

* Title and author: "Biscuits and Bills" by O.B. DuBois
* PD text link https://archive.org/details/biscuitsbills00dubo
* Link to author on Wikipedia, and death date, if known: ?
* Link to title on Wikipedia: ?
* Number of roles (including narrator) this project will have: 5
* Original publication date: 1911
* The list of characters in the play:
- Jack Maynard
- Mrs. Maynard
- Mr. Brainard
- Hall Boy
- Narrator
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

Foon wrote: July 11th, 2018, 6:31 am Another thing. I've found a play that seems pretty funny to me, and I'd love to try my hand at BCing a One Act Play. However, I can't seem to find out anything about the author, i.e., I don't know if this is public domain for me (Life+70).
It is the play below. Would anyone be able to help me find out the author's death date/if this is PD for me?
Hmmm... The title pages say that DuBois is also the author of "A Night in Tappan" -- The text to that is offered by the UK site: https://core.ac.uk/display/60644178 so it would seem that they believe it is PD (although they do make it clear the actual file is located in the US). It's also for sale on Amazon's UK, Canadian, Spanish and Mexican websites and I doubt it would be for sale anywhere unless it was PD there.

I also find it interesting that the author is usually referred to as "O. B. DuBois [From old catalog]"
Truth,
James
---------------------
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Here is the link for the narration for Food.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/food_narrator_demille.mp3

Devorah, I tried to give you maximum editing flexibility.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

I'd like to claim number 241 in Efficiency. (Just saw a piece on how to mechanize your voice in Audacity and thought I'd give it a try.)

Many thanks,

Philip
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 11th, 2018, 6:31 amAnother thing. I've found a play that seems pretty funny to me, and I'd love to try my hand at BCing a One Act Play. However, I can't seem to find out anything about the author, i.e., I don't know if this is public domain for me (Life+70).
I also didn't find anything on the author. But the play is absolutely PD for LV due to the publishing date. So we can suppose the author has not been dwelling among us anymore for a long time already ;)

I would say, go ahead with it. I'll put it in the MW. This is the 10th play for this collection, so we are officially full now. :clap: And a nice bunch of different plays it is again. :9:

Good luck with your first BC duties in a play, Foon. :) If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DrPGould wrote: July 11th, 2018, 2:10 pm Here is the link for the narration for Food.

I'd like to claim number 241 in Efficiency. (Just saw a piece on how to mechanize your voice in Audacity and thought I'd give it a try.)
thank you Philip, I'll put both in the MW :)

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: July 12th, 2018, 12:51 am
Foon wrote: July 11th, 2018, 6:31 amAnother thing. I've found a play that seems pretty funny to me, and I'd love to try my hand at BCing a One Act Play. However, I can't seem to find out anything about the author, i.e., I don't know if this is public domain for me (Life+70).
I also didn't find anything on the author. But the play is absolutely PD for LV due to the publishing date. So we can suppose the author has not been dwelling among us anymore for a long time already ;)

I would say, go ahead with it. I'll put it in the MW. This is the 10th play for this collection, so we are officially full now. :clap: And a nice bunch of different plays it is again. :9:

Good luck with your first BC duties in a play, Foon. :) If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Sonia
Alright, let's do it! From a moral point of view I generally don't take anything that isn't PD for me, but considering this person's first publication was in 1902, it's quite likely that they've been dead for 70+ years. Awesome. I'm looking forward to it! :D

Readers needed:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

DrPGould wrote: July 11th, 2018, 2:10 pm Here is the link for the narration for Food.

Devorah, I tried to give you maximum editing flexibility.

Many thanks,

Philip
Thanks so much! I did find one bit that got skipped.

At about 1:10, "Lights: No changes. Full white and amber."

I'll have fun putting this one together, I think. :)
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Here's the link to Wallie from Bridges:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bridges_wallie_kummer.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
wib66

Post by wib66 »

DrPGould wrote: July 12th, 2018, 11:01 am Here's the link to Wallie from Bridges:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/bridges_wallie_kummer.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
thank you for your section it is in the MW ready for PL
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi