Volunteer CD Covers! Working Thread

Non-reading activities need your help too!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

5 covers linked
RioGrande took too long to upload so I checked. The 300 X 300 was 2000X2000 - as this is about 40 times bigger than expected I resized it and replaced it.

Anne
msfry

Post by msfry »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

annise wrote: July 10th, 2018, 2:34 pm 5 covers linked
RioGrande took too long to upload so I checked. The 300 X 300 was 2000X2000 - as this is about 40 times bigger than expected I resized it and replaced it.

Anne
Oooh excuses anne, i work in 2000 x 2000 before resizing, must have uploaded the wrong file. Sorry about that.
Carolin
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Carolin wrote: July 11th, 2018, 12:03 am
annise wrote: July 10th, 2018, 2:34 pm 5 covers linked
RioGrande took too long to upload so I checked. The 300 X 300 was 2000 X 2000 - as this is about 40 times bigger than expected I resized it and replaced it.

Anne
Oooh excuses anne, i work in 2000 x 2000 before resizing, must have uploaded the wrong file. Sorry about that.
That's big to work on, I wonder what others start with. I use 800 X 800 and even then find I'm dissatisfied with the look of the smaller ones.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

2 Michele and 2 mahne covers caught ........ and linked. Thank you both :D :D

Anne
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

The cover for "The Wisdom of the Ancients" by Francis Bacon can be found here: https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/Salvationist.zip

As this is a translation from Latin to English, I think it would be worth creating an author page for the translator, Joseph Devey. He lived from 1825 to 1897 and was a translator and author. He translated at least two of Francis Bacon's Latin works into English ("The Wisdom of the Ancients" and "Novum Organum") and he authored several of his own books, including "Logic: or, The Science of Inference", "A Comparative Estimate of Modern English Poets", and "The Life of Joseph Locke: Civil Engineer".
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
Basquetteur

Post by Basquetteur »

Hi!

here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/equipaje_rey_jose_b_perezgaldos_1807.zip
I have uploaded the cover of Perez Galdós' "el equipaje del rey José",
this project:
https://librivox.org/el-equipaje-del-rey-jose-by-benito-perez-galdos/

I hope it attracts curiositiy and also that especially the narrator KendalRigans and the BC like it.

Thanks for taking care!

Cheers!

Basquetteur
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've caught them both and linked the thumbs but I'm having some server problems with the other formats - Archive does this sometimes, I'll keep trying at intervals.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Carolin's caught and linked.

Still waiting for Archive re "wisdom"

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Caught and linked. Thanks Sue - love the outfit. Though I suspect there were people who were totally shocked about her going around in public dressed "like a man"

Anne
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

annise wrote: July 13th, 2018, 3:34 pm Caught and linked. Thanks Sue - love the outfit. Though I suspect there were people who were totally shocked about her going around in public dressed "like a man"

Anne
Thanks, Anne! :)

I hate to admit this, but there is an error in the title of the book in the catalog. :oops: The error is in the name of the two countries the Beebe's visited. The correct names are "Venezuela and British Guiana." My error is in calling them "Venezuela and British Columbia." :(

Could you please make this correction for me? To think that I was recording that book over a period of 6 months and never noticed my error until I looked at the archive.org page just now. I guess that is what results from having grown up in Seattle, Washington, next door to British Columbia.

My sincere apologies!