--
AvailleAudio.com
linny

Post by linny »

Laurence,
Section 12 is spot check PL OK. :thumbs:
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

Here is section 13. It is 30:31 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/myinventions_13_tesla_128kb.mp3

Laurence
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you Laurence! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
linny

Post by linny »

Hello Laurence,
Section 13 is standard PL OK. A number of the equations weren’t correct but if I hadn’t been following along with the text I would not have known.

Ava, I wasn’t able to check specs on this file. I’m hoping to get back to my office tomorrow and will do it then.
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

If you would like, I can get some of my math friends to read the equations....I know I was way off in my interpretations..... :hmm: There is a Professor here at Kenyon who is a huge fan of Librivox, and would probably enjoy doing it!

Laurence
linny

Post by linny »

Specs for section 13 are PL OK.

As for correcting the math, that's a question for Ava.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

linny wrote: July 11th, 2018, 6:33 am
As for correcting the math, that's a question for Ava.
Well, it depends on what is wrong - the numbers? The way the equations are read?

I am a stickler for science, math and equations, but it really depends in this case. :wink:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
linny

Post by linny »

Missing things such as 'the square root of' and 'to the second power'.

I generally follow along with the text but I can't guarantee that I did with all of the readings. If you decide to have the math corrected please update the PL to special so I don't forget to follow the text for future sections.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here's section 8. This one has no author attribution that I could find, but it certainly seems that it wasn't written by Tesla. The author keeps saying, "Mr. Tesla did this" and "Mr. Tesla said that." If you'd rather not include it in this collection, I can save it for a nonfiction or coffee break collection, no problem.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/myinventions_08_tesla_128kb.mp3
10:48
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I really should have paid closer attention to the articles before taking this on... :roll:
I blame the original soloist "Other Works by Tesla" is definitely misleading... :twisted:

It's okay, especially since we have all the sections after this one done; changing the intros/outros would be a pain...

Thank you for your recording! :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

linny wrote: July 11th, 2018, 8:12 am Missing things such as 'the square root of' and 'to the second power'.

I generally follow along with the text but I can't guarantee that I did with all of the readings. If you decide to have the math corrected please update the PL to special so I don't forget to follow the text for future sections.
Let me think about this for a few days. Especially in a section like this we can assume that there are some people who know the equations by heart and would complain (at least silently) that they are off... :hmm:

Laurence, if you don't know how to read something - you can always ask. I know I look scary, but I rarely bite... :twisted:
For future reference, here is a list of guides on "How to read math" from our wiki:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=English_Pronunciation_Guides#Mathematical_Equations_and_Notations
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
linny

Post by linny »

Deborah,
Section 8 is PL OK. Lovely job, as usual. :thumbs:
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

Availle wrote: July 11th, 2018, 5:39 pm
linny wrote: July 11th, 2018, 8:12 am Missing things such as 'the square root of' and 'to the second power'.

Let me think about this for a few days. Especially in a section like this we can assume that there are some people who know the equations by heart and would complain (at least silently) that they are off... :hmm:

Laurence, if you don't know how to read something - you can always ask. I know I look scary, but I rarely bite... :twisted:
For future reference, here is a list of guides on "How to read math" from our wiki:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=English_Pronunciation_Guides#Mathematical_Equations_and_Notations

Ha ha! You don't look scary! I think I think I will have a math prof read the math, then I will just "parrot it" back into the recording....
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Hi there, I am still alive and battling against the knots in my tongue ;) I have a recording but am actually thinking of re-recording it at the moment - too many glitches.