COMPLETE! A Vanished Hand by Sarah Doudney - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
schrm

Post by schrm »

magz wrote: July 8th, 2018, 10:28 am Hi Schrm,

Ah, it appears I misunderstood. I thought you were saying that there was a problem with the word order of the intro and that I had left something out. So I was thinking that since I had to correct that I might as well re-record it and also emphasise the word "A" in the title as you said it sounded unclear.

As regards the pauses, I still have the original Audacity project saved, so shortening them shouldn't be too hard. It's just a matter of time. I'm happy that the current version has been approved, if I manage to do it in time I hope to be able to contribute a newer improved version with shorter pauses!

Thanks for taking the time to explain, and thanks again for your kind words :D

Magz
good evening (here, at least :-) ),

the intro with the wrong order was jessie..

:shock:
i had to check back again, to be sure..

thank you for asking back, magz - it is part of my work: to try to help.
also, when you want hints or audacity-related help, please dont hesitate to ask!
eg, for shortening silence-periods, i always amplify in minus values the remaining parts around the cut.
that just smoothens it, and wipes (or better: amplifies down) some noises, which can happen witha cut.
(and now, i dont know if i know any more hints for that topic...)
8-)

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

It's fun to watch your discussion :mrgreen:

I'm glad it's all sorted out. The way I see it, we don't need to work on a PL OK section; our time and energy is better spent on a new section :thumbs:

With regard to shortening silences, I use the option "Truncate Silence" from the Effects menu in Audacity (for example, I tell it to detect silences with duration over 2 seconds - the first box, and truncate it to 2 seconds - the second box)
schrm

Post by schrm »

Rapunzelina wrote: July 8th, 2018, 12:30 pm ...
The way I see it, we don't need to work on a PL OK section; our time and energy is better spent on a new section
With regard to shortening silences, I use the option "Truncate Silence" from the Effects menu in Audacity (for example, I tell it to detect silences with duration over 2 seconds - the first box, and truncate it to 2 seconds - the second box)
hi,

yes, that was what i wanted to imply. i hope, it didnt go wrong, because a "discussion" was not what i felt, to be honest..

aaaaand @"truncate"
that tool i didnt know until now..
thank you rapunzelina!
definitively a method to try out soon!

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
magz

Post by magz »

Thanks for the offer of help for Audacity-related matters Schrm, although I'm familiar with the basics there's lots there that I've never used.

And thanks for the suggestion of the 'Truncate Silence' option Rapunzelina, definitely going to come in handy!
Rapunzelina wrote: July 8th, 2018, 12:30 pm It's fun to watch your discussion :mrgreen:

I'm glad it's all sorted out. The way I see it, we don't need to work on a PL OK section; our time and energy is better spent on a new section :thumbs:

If I were to shorten the silences would the amended chapter need to be PL'd again? (Not sure if you're saying that I should just leave Chapter One as it is now that it's been approved)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

magz wrote: July 8th, 2018, 2:45 pmIf I were to shorten the silences would the amended chapter need to be PL'd again? (Not sure if you're saying that I should just leave Chapter One as it is now that it's been approved)
Yes, a re-uploaded file needs to be PLed, in full or spot-checked, depending on the edits done.

Actually I just downloaded the file to see what we're talking about. And indeed the reading is lovely! :9: :9:
The intro is fine, and there are no excessive silences (maybe this is subjective; I feel a silence as excessive when it's over 4 seconds).

I'll be looking forward to more of your recordings! I'll keep an ...ear out for them! :D
magz

Post by magz »

That's great, thanks Rapunzelina!
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

Sorry for such delay, everybody. Been busy with preparation for college lately. I'll get the bitrate and the intro fixed very soon enough.
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
schrm

Post by schrm »

morning jessie :D

in german we say: "what needs long becomes well, finally" and because i googled, i learned, that there is an english equivalent:
Good things come to those who wait.
Spot PL 02 is OK!

thank you very much for your work jessie and please: keep reading!

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Chapters 3, 5 and 6 were orphaned again vya pm. Any takkrs?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I can do 3, 5, and 6. Jim :)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
schrm

Post by schrm »

hi,

i updated the mw:
3,5,6 are assigned to jim (neecheelok70) now!

thank you :-)
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge thanks.