Newbie with a Question

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
kerrinmalia

Post by kerrinmalia »

Hi There!

I am new here and super excited. I stumbled up Librivox through Youtube when looking for Little Women on Audio.

I just have a Chrome book. Does anyone know if that will be suitable for recording?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

From a quick forum search, it looks like one reader was successful in using Twisted Wave as an audio recording program on the Chromebook.

As long as you can get your tech settings correct (mono, 44100 sample rate, 128kbps constant bit rate, and volume level OK), you can use it. You might have to just try it and see. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

I don't know much but I think that any device works for recording just fine, as long as you can plug in some sort of a mic. I use a small laptop and plug in cheap USB headphones with a mic. I tried to even use my phone but I don't have an adapter for the USB to the plug that works on the phone... :D Don't know if that helps... I am assuming that you can get any app on your chrome book. But like I said don't listen to me, as I have no experience with them... :D
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
Cori

Post by Cori »

Recording works okay I think, but editing is likely to be a pain. I've not looked for a couple of years though -- TwistedWave was the best option back then, but hopefully there are more choices now. Experiment! :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!