COMPLETE Swanhilde, and other Fairy Tales, by Wilhelm Hauff-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
CoMo290

Post by CoMo290 »

I would like to claim section 6, "The Story of the Severed Hand", please and thank you =]
The Process Is Everything
arrowheadAussie

Post by arrowheadAussie »

Could I PL section 11?
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks all, I just got back from holidays and will properly sort everything after some much needed sleep!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Added Anthony as DPL at Foon's request.
MaryAnn
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks MaryAnn!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

I have mine ready to go, but I don't see Foon in the upload menu. Should I upload it to MaryAnn's as well?
Siobhan
Foon

Post by Foon »

Yes Pixxol, indeed :) to MaryAnn's folder. For future reference, you can always find that at the bottom of the post with the magic window :)

Readers needed:
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

Foon wrote: July 1st, 2018, 2:38 am Yes Pixxol, indeed :) to MaryAnn's folder. For future reference, you can always find that at the bottom of the post with the magic window :)
Ah, okay! I actually didn't know that it showed it in the magic window, lol!
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/swanhilde_09_hauff_128kb.mp3 15 m 58 s
Siobhan
sereneitty

Post by sereneitty »

I would like to claim section 10 The Boy and the Treasures of the Old Witch, please.

If ok, it will be my 1st recording, please credit me as "Serene Itty". Thanks.
Foon

Post by Foon »

sereneitty wrote: July 2nd, 2018, 11:11 am I would like to claim section 10 The Boy and the Treasures of the Old Witch, please.

If ok, it will be my 1st recording, please credit me as "Serene Itty". Thanks.
All yours, thanks for claiming! I'll put it in the MW tomorrow morning.

Happy recording! :D

Readers needed:
sereneitty

Post by sereneitty »

Thanks Foon!

Um... I have a newbie question. I was looking through the text and there was this line, "...the old woman took it from the fire and would have eaten it; but she could not, it was so salt and bitter". I wasn't sure if "salt" instead of "salty" was a grammatical error or just a usage that I'm not familiar with. I was thinking if I should just read as it is, and also wanted to ask what the common practice is when we encounter possible errors. Do we always stay true to the text or is it something that's up to the reader?
Foon

Post by Foon »

sereneitty wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 5:00 am Thanks Foon!

Um... I have a newbie question. I was looking through the text and there was this line, "...the old woman took it from the fire and would have eaten it; but she could not, it was so salt and bitter". I wasn't sure if "salt" instead of "salty" was a grammatical error or just a usage that I'm not familiar with. I was thinking if I should just read as it is, and also wanted to ask what the common practice is when we encounter possible errors. Do we always stay true to the text or is it something that's up to the reader?
Hi there,

Thanks for asking!
In general, we adhere to the text as best we can, without changing anything. If something unambiguously is a printing error (e.g. it would say "priinting error"), you can correct it, but otherwise, we don't. After all, language has evolved a lot over time and the way people wrote 100 years ago was rather different from what we do now; it could just as well be that "so salt and bitter" was the proper way back then. When in doubt, it is always best to adhere to the text. So in this case, just go with what is written. :)

Readers needed:
sereneitty

Post by sereneitty »

Foon wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 5:25 am
sereneitty wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 5:00 am Thanks Foon!

Hi there,

Thanks for asking!
In general, we adhere to the text as best we can, without changing anything. If something unambiguously is a printing error (e.g. it would say "priinting error"), you can correct it, but otherwise, we don't. After all, language has evolved a lot over time and the way people wrote 100 years ago was rather different from what we do now; it could just as well be that "so salt and bitter" was the proper way back then. When in doubt, it is always best to adhere to the text. So in this case, just go with what is written. :)
Got it. Thanks!
Foon

Post by Foon »

Pixxol,

Section 9 is beautifully read! :clap: (Sorry that PL took a while!) I have two comments:

12:15 I hear "devoid to battle and the chase", the text reads "devoted to battle and the chase"
14:27-end: Looks like you have re-recorded some phrases for editing at the end of the story. (I think they all sound excellent :D) Could you cut those down to 1 version? ;)

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Annalisa,

Section 11 is beautifully read :clap: It is PL OK! :thumbs:
(sorry for the delay in PL!)

Readers needed: