Hello, LibriVox People!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
maevmm

Post by maevmm »

So, in brief..
My name is Martin, and I work as a store-keeper in a small town in my country. The idea of listening to the book, when you do not have the time to read it is brilliant, but as you all may (or may not) know - Bulgaria is a small country, not many books are in audio format, not even paid. The only thing that I love as much as dogs is ...reading. So i wasn't exactly surprising when I decided to try my best to volunteer here, for the good cause of spreading knowledge. 28 years, blonde, not funny, not handsome... So I got nothing else to do with my life :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Здравей! Hello Martin! Welcome to Librivox!
I used to listen to bulgarian audiobooks at zaknigi.com but it doesn't work any more. I don't know why.
The tricky part about bulgarian recordings for LibriVox is that they need to be texts in the public domain, which mostly means published before 1923 (i.e. 1922 and earlier)

I speak/understand a little Bulgarian, and I hope we will work together on some projects :D
maevmm

Post by maevmm »

Здравей!!
Yes, I saw that, also if it is classic - it need to be published before 1923 (as far as I get it) But I can do Bulgarian autors and fairytales. I'll be glad to do cooperative work, but it needs to be in Bulgarian, my English accent isn't quite ready to do anything other than a conversation on the street.. thanks for answering me!
Благодаря за подкрепата!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

A good online text source for Bulgarian is chitanka.info
You can look for texts in the public domain (Обществено достояние), also checking the year of publication to be 1922 or earlier, like for example "Под игото" by Иван Вазов: https://chitanka.info/text/3753-pod-igoto where it says: Година 1894 (Обществено достояние)

Do you have any books or authors in mind that you'd like to record?
Maybe start with something short for the multilingual collection: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=70768
maevmm

Post by maevmm »

https://chitanka.info/book/285-prikazki-ot-hiljada-i-edna-nosht this for example. The original book is published way before 1923, but the translation to Bulgarian is done way after. So it cannot be done, am I right? Does it need to be both writen and translated/published to corresponding language before 1923, or if the book is older it may be done? Thanks again!

Допълнение:
Оригинално заглавие
The Jungle Book. The Second Jungle Book, 1894–1895 (Обществено достояние)
Превод от английски
Цветан Стоянов, 1967 (Пълни авторски права)
https://chitanka.info/text/3069-kniga-za-dzhunglata
The original book is public domain, but this bulgarian translation is not, therefore the *23 law apply here, or I misunderstood?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

You understand correctly :thumbs:
The translation needs to be in the public domain, too (published before 1923).
Sycamore

Post by Sycamore »

maevmm wrote: July 2nd, 2018, 9:51 am So, in brief..
My name is Martin, and I work as a store-keeper in a small town in my country. The idea of listening to the book, when you do not have the time to read it is brilliant, but as you all may (or may not) know - Bulgaria is a small country, not many books are in audio format, not even paid. The only thing that I love as much as dogs is ...reading. So i wasn't exactly surprising when I decided to try my best to volunteer here, for the good cause of spreading knowledge. 28 years, blonde, not funny, not handsome... So I got nothing else to do with my life :D
Hi, Martin.

Greetings from another small town in Bulgaria, and welcome to the forum.
I'd love to revisit "Чичовци", once you're done with it.

Have fun recording!
All the best,
Yavor