[COMPLETE] Adelgitha; or, The Fruits of a Single Error by Matthew Lewis-kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote: June 24th, 2018, 1:11 am Just in time for the deadline, my role:
wow thank you, Leanne ! Will update MW for now and try to PL later

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

great dramatic performance, Leanne. I just finished listening to 3 acts and I love the passionate character you give Adelgitha. :9: She is so cold with Michael, yet so in love with Guiscard. This Guiscard is such an unforgiving bloke :evil: it's in big part his fault that the drama enfolds the way it does.

Will listen to the last two chapters soon, but wanted to give PL notes for the first acts already. Quite a bit to do this time ;)

for Act 1:

> at 1:34: (p. 10): missing sentence: “Know you that scroll ?

for Act 2:

> at about 0:34: (p. 18): missing sentence: “Silence, silence !

> at 1:46: (p. 20): “Cease, nor blame that virtue so nice” – you say “bear

> at about 1:53: (p. 20) missing sentence: “O, sir, ‘t were excellent did all, like you, inculcate morals which, like you, they practised !

for Act 3:

> the sampling rate is again 48,000 Hz instead of 44,100. In the first 2 acts it was correct, so you must have switched it between recordings. :hmm:

> at 0:14: (p. 21): missing part of the sentence: “inform thy lord Claudia shall bear my answer

> at about 0:15: (p. 21) missing sentence: [aside] “Fiend ! barbarian !

> at 0:37: (p. 22): stumble and repeat: “knows the value he” – can be cut out once

> at 0:49: (p. 22) missing sentence: “Hence with these doubts ! I’ll meet him !

> at 5:16: (p. 24) slight stumble: “Knows not now—“ optional though, but could you please leave more space before this quote, as there should be Guiscard’s line inserted here ?

> at 6:29: (p. 25) please also leave more space before “Ha, Byzantium !” for stage directions

> at about 8:20: (p. 28) missing lines: (to Guiscard) “And can then Adelgitha sue in vain to Guiscard ? Can my tears—

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oooh what a dramatic exit. I love a good tragic dying scene at the end. 8-) Powerful performance also :thumbs: great job.

A few PL notes here too though:

for Act 4:

> also here: the sampling rate should be 44,100

> at about 0:18: (p. 35) missing line: “Save me !

> at about 0:19: (p. 35) missing lines: “How dread this silence ! The night-wind chills my blood – the pale, cold moon – these echoing rocks – the murmuring waves –

> at 1:23: (p. 36) stumble and repeat: “or blush of shame” – can be cut out once

> at 2:44: (p. 37) stumble and repeat: “’tis Adelgitha” – can be cut out once. BTW you do pronounce Adelgitha a bit different than what we first agreed upon, but I think it’s ok, no need to correct that. At least you stay consistent throughout your performance.

for Act 5:

> and again: the sampling rate should be 44,100

> at 0:35: (p. 39) stumble and repeat “Away” – can get cut out once

> at 1:33: (p. 40) please leave a bit of pause for stage directions after “resume your seats”

thanks, Leanne

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Sonia,
I have the "female peasant" noted as a part I had claimed in this play though I do not see my name in the mw. Please let me know if I am in the correct play? Thank you.
April6090
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 2:01 pm I have the "female peasant" noted as a part I had claimed in this play though I do not see my name in the mw. Please let me know if I am in the correct play?
sorry April, I have just checked the previous pages and there was no claim from you for the female peasant. You must have forgotten to claim ;) but it's still available, so I sign you up. Thanks

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:) Thank you Sonia.
April

Kitty wrote: July 4th, 2018, 12:00 am
adr6090 wrote: July 3rd, 2018, 2:01 pm I have the "female peasant" noted as a part I had claimed in this play though I do not see my name in the mw. Please let me know if I am in the correct play?
sorry April, I have just checked the previous pages and there was no claim from you for the female peasant. You must have forgotten to claim ;) but it's still available, so I sign you up. Thanks

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ah, poor dear Imma. Of course, if she knew it all, I suspect she'd not have mourned her father so grievously.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_imma_1_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_imma_2_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_imma_4_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_imma_5_128kb.mp3

(I worked hard at that scream. I hope you like it. :wink: )
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: July 7th, 2018, 12:00 pm Ah, poor dear Imma. Of course, if she knew it all, I suspect she'd not have mourned her father so grievously.

(I worked hard at that scream. I hope you like it. :wink: )
the shriek was absolutely FABULOUS, Devorah :clap: Worthy of any Scream-Queen on the big screen. And you still managed to not make it piercingly loud. Wonderful. The whole character is marvelously played out, such a sweet girl, loving and caring and for most of the time so full of despair. Really enjoyed it. :9:

All 4 acts PL ok. Thanks !

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adelgitha_otherfemalepeasant_02_128kbps.mp3 time 0:49
Hello, here is my contribution for this thread.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: July 12th, 2018, 11:42 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adelgitha_otherfemalepeasant_02_128kbps.mp3 time 0:49
perfect narration, April :thumbs: and I think your cadence is quite fitting with Eva's part of the chorus, so it shouldn't be too difficult to merge those voices. Well done. Thank you so much for helping out here :)

PL ok.

Only small note...the MC for this project is not Todd (for once :lol: ) but me. You uploaded to the wrong folder. But that's not a problem, as this file will get merged into the masterfile anyway. Nothing to reupload. :)

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: July 13th, 2018, 12:50 am
adr6090 wrote: July 12th, 2018, 11:42 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adelgitha_otherfemalepeasant_02_128kbps.mp3 time 0:49
perfect narration, April :thumbs: and I think your cadence is quite fitting with Eva's part of the chorus, so it shouldn't be too difficult to merge those voices. Well done. Thank you so much for helping out here :)

PL ok.

Only small note...the MC for this project is not Todd (for once :lol: ) but me. You uploaded to the wrong folder. But that's not a problem, as this file will get merged into the masterfile anyway. Nothing to reupload. :)

Sonia
Well darn it on the MC. Pleased to have helped out here. :clap:
April
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I've had this recorded for a while, but have only just now got it edited.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_rainulf_4_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/adelgitha_rainulf_5_128kb.mp3

The line about the rack reminded me of the dungeon's maître d'hôtel in Mel Brooks' "Robin Hood - Men in Tights".

"He's our head guard. Please, it's better you cooperate with him. He's a tough guy."

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: July 13th, 2018, 7:46 pm The line about the rack reminded me of the dungeon's maître d'hôtel in Mel Brooks' "Robin Hood - Men in Tights".
"He's our head guard. Please, it's better you cooperate with him. He's a tough guy."
ooooh Rainulf is quite a nasty piece of work, not to mess with :? Indeed your rack-comment was uttered quite menacingly. Well characterized, I enjoyed it :)

Act 5 is already PL ok.

For Act 4 there is only one note concerning the voice credit:

> at 0:01: for the voice credit, could you give us the full description please: "Rainulf, an officer of Guiscard"

Thanks Chris, great addition !

Sonia