Multilingual Short Works Collection 019-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Here's one

URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw019_sestina1_alighieri_alp_128kb.mp3
Duration of recording (mm:ss) – 3:08
URL for online text - https://archive.org/details/lerime00aliggoog (page 154)
Title of work - Sestina 1, from Le Rime
Date of publication - 1842
Name of author - Dante Alighieri
Birth date and date of death of author if available - 1265-1321
URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dante_Alighieri
Brief indication of the work in a few words: poem
Language: Italian

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kitty »

Algy Pug wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 2:07 am Title of work - Sestina 1, from Le Rime
ah I get some wonderful Dante poems also in this project :9: Thank you, Algy, this is wonderfully read. I can feel the love spreading just by listening. This is PL ok.

And we're almost full !!! One spot left and then we can archive. :D

Sonia
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Kitty wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 2:14 am
Algy Pug wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 2:07 am Title of work - Sestina 1, from Le Rime
ah I get some wonderful Dante poems also in this project :9: Thank you, Algy, this is wonderfully read. I can feel the love spreading just by listening. This is PL ok.

And we're almost full !!! One spot left and then we can archive. :D

Sonia
Thank you Sonia

This reading was actually destined for Le Rime. However this section was read in error - it had already been recorded by another reader. It seemed a pity to waste it.
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Algy Pug »

I would Like to claim the final section for a reading of the following poem by Heine (in German):

Waldeinsamkeit
Text URL: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5607

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kitty »

Algy Pug wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 2:20 amThis reading was actually destined for Le Rime. However this section was read in error - it had already been recorded by another reader. It seemed a pity to waste it.
indeed, that was a great idea. Nothing is ever lost on LV, there's always another project where it might fit in. :9:
I would Like to claim the final section for a reading of the following poem by Heine (in German):
Waldeinsamkeit
that would be great !
However I don't think you need to claim in this project. First come first serve. So just record it as fast as possible ;) But there will always be the next project coming up. So it won't be lost in any case.

Thanks ! Looking forward to it. I love Heine :9:

Sonia
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Waldeinsamkeit - as promised:

URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader – https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw019_waldeinsamkeit_heine_alp_128kb.mp3
Duration of recording (mm:ss) – 9:29
URL for online text - http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5607
Title of work - Waldeinsamkeit
Date of publication - 1851
Name of author – Heinrich Heine
Birth date and date of death of author if available - 1797-1856
URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Heine
Brief indication of the work in a few words: poem
Language: German

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kitty »

Algy Pug wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 4:27 pmWaldeinsamkeit - as promised:
wonderful poem, Algy, which I hadn't known yet :9: Heine's romantic soul is really present here. This was a long poem :shock: But you read it really well. Did you learn German in school or by self teaching ?

All in all it's word-perfect, but I would have a small correction proposal here:

> at 4:41: "Höschen und Wämschen anliegend enge" - if I may make a pronunciation correction here, this is a bit difficult to understand, because you misprounced the "sch" sound in these two words. While mostly the combination 'sch' is read like English "sh", here it represents the diminutive variant of "Hose" and "Wams" (trousers and jacket), so you need to say the 's' separately and then add a 'chen' to make it diminutive. It would be "Hös-chen" and "Wäms-chen" (not Hö-shen and Wäm-shen). I let you decide if you want to correct this.

The rest ist totally fine :thumbs:

And that's our last contribution to make this project full 8-) Thanks !

Sonia
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Kitty wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 1:11 am
Algy Pug wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 4:27 pmWaldeinsamkeit - as promised:
wonderful poem, Algy, which I hadn't known yet :9: Heine's romantic soul is really present here. This was a long poem :shock: But you read it really well. Did you learn German in school or by self teaching ?

All in all it's word-perfect, but I would have a small correction proposal here:

> at 4:41: "Höschen und Wämschen anliegend enge" - if I may make a pronunciation correction here, this is a bit difficult to understand, because you misprounced the "sch" sound in these two words. While mostly the combination 'sch' is read like English "sh", here it represents the diminutive variant of "Hose" and "Wams" (trousers and jacket), so you need to say the 's' separately and then add a 'chen' to make it diminutive. It would be "Hös-chen" and "Wäms-chen" (not Hö-shen and Wäm-shen). I let you decide if you want to correct this.

The rest ist totally fine :thumbs:

And that's our last contribution to make this project full 8-) Thanks !

Sonia
Thanks Sonia

I would be happy to make the corrections.

I am self taught in German.

I first became aware of this poem many years ago from a recording by Oskar Werner. It was on a black vinyl disc containing recitations of verse of Heine mixed with settings of some of his poems by Schumann, sung by Irmgard Seefried, a treasure which did not survive into the CD era.

I was surprised that you hadn't already encountered this poem. It really represents Heine at his phantasmagoric best. Perhaps,one day I will take the plunge and record the entire collection from which it comes (Romanzero)

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kitty »

Algy Pug wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 2:04 amI first became aware of this poem many years ago from a recording by Oskar Werner. It was on a black vinyl disc
:shock: the good old times when we still had vinyl. Do you still have a player to play back the old disks ? My parents kept theirs at home and it still works
I was surprised that you hadn't already encountered this poem. It really represents Heine at his phantasmagoric best.
Heine has so many poems, I think I haven't even read half of them. He would indeed make a great project. :9:
Perhaps,one day I will take the plunge and record the entire collection from which it comes (Romanzero)
as solo or group ? If group, I'm surely gonna read a few to help out. It would also be cool to read some in German and in English translation. Not sure if we ever did bilingual projects :hmm:

I'll wait for the corrections then. Thanks !

Sonia
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

I have always been a fan of bilingual projects. Check this one out:
https://archive.org/details/rubaiyat_bilingual_1207_librivox

Of course a bilingual Romanzero project would depend on upon the availability of a public domain translation.
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kitty »

Algy Pug wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 2:27 am I have always been a fan of bilingual projects. Check this one out:
https://archive.org/details/rubaiyat_bilingual_1207_librivox
wow read in the original Persian. Cool we had such a dedicated reader for that part. :thumbs:
Of course a bilingual Romanzero project would depend on upon the availability of a public domain translation.
hmm yes that is true, at first glance I didn't find one :(

Sonia
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Waldeinsamkeit - corrected and reuploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/msw019_waldeinsamkeit_heine_alp_128kb.mp3
9:30

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Kitty »

Algy Pug wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 4:58 pm Waldeinsamkeit - corrected and reuploaded:
thank you, Algy, I can pass this PL ok now. :) You did not have to make such a pronounced stop in between the "s-ch" sounds, but now the words are comprehensible, which is all that counts.

Great and that was the last section and this project can get archived :9: Over to Ann

Sonia
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Perfect! I'll get started! Thanks Nastya and Sonia!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ShiNeko

Post by ShiNeko »

Already finished! :shock: I've started a new one: Multilingual Short Works Collection 020
~Anastasiia
Multilingual Monthly Poem like Weekly Poetry but for all languages🗺
Сборник рассказов Л. Андреева
"Кобзар" Шевченко several short roles: "Гайдамаки", "Великий льох" 🎭