New Narrator On Aboard

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
AstralSpirit

Post by AstralSpirit »

Hello, Everyone!

My pen name is AstralSpirit and just recently decided a new venture into becoming a Narrator.

Well, for starters, I am an online active ESL, English as a Second Language, teaching foreign students how to articulate the English language into understood pronunciation which is quite the challenge. Since I speak several different speech paces, depend on the student's level of understanding Native English, I thought why not use the technique in enhancing my speaking abilities as well as help and provide audio entertainment for others.

Also, I'm an avid reader and writer of short stories, I'm really excited to get started!

AstralSpirit :D
AstralSpirit
Keep the keys typing & Speaking Crystal Clear :P
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hallo AstralSpirit (interesting forum name 8-) ) and welcome to the LibriVox fun !

I see you have already started on your one-minute-test and Tovarisch gave you some good advice. Don't worry, as soon as these preliminary settings are up to LV standard, it will become easier with every recording. Best would be to start out with short sections, maybe a poem or a short chapter in a book. But it's up to you what you are interested in of course.

Have fun !

Sonia
AstralSpirit

Post by AstralSpirit »

Kitty wrote: June 20th, 2018, 11:59 pm Hallo AstralSpirit (interesting forum name 8-) ) and welcome to the LibriVox fun !

I see you have already started on your one-minute-test and Tovarisch gave you some good advice. Don't worry, as soon as these preliminary settings are up to LV standard, it will become easier with every recording. Best would be to start out with short sections, maybe a poem or a short chapter in a book. But it's up to you what you are interested in of course.

Have fun !

Sonia
Hi, Sonia (would you believe my mum's name - same spelling too) & thanks!

However upon using Tovarisch's suggestion of adjustments, my second recording sound worse rather than better, sorry to note because on my playback the output sounds distorted and too loud...

I shall try again and this time select another text to read, probably from my own stories (I'm a self-published writer).

I appreciate the welcome!
kaye
AstralSpirit
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AstralSpirit wrote: June 21st, 2018, 1:10 am Hi, Sonia (would you believe my mum's name - same spelling too) & thanks!
:lol: it's a small world (although I'm pretty sure I'm not your mum :mrgreen: )
However upon using Tovarisch's suggestion of adjustments, my second recording sound worse rather than better, sorry to note because on my playback the output sounds distorted and too loud...

:hmm: you have a lot of dc bias but I just tried correcting your file and very easily managed to get one without distortion. Maybe you followed one of the instructions wrongly.

Sonia
AstralSpirit

Post by AstralSpirit »

Kitty wrote: June 21st, 2018, 2:07 am
AstralSpirit wrote: June 21st, 2018, 1:10 am Hi, Sonia (would you believe my mum's name - same spelling too) & thanks!

:hmm: you have a lot of dc bias but I just tried correcting your file and very easily managed to get one without distortion. Maybe you followed one of the instructions wrongly.

Sonia
just uploaded a second test but forget to provide link, how do i get to where's posted and paste to Tovarisch?

Thanks... I don't believe so, I've a USB microphone and some of the adjustments he referenced didn't match for a mac...truthfully, I don't know... however, I just now have to find where I posted again... :shock:
AstralSpirit
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

AstralSpirit wrote: June 21st, 2018, 2:24 am just uploaded a second test but forget to provide link, how do i get to where's posted and paste to Tovarisch?
is it this one ? https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test2_astralspirit.mp3

Sonia
AstralSpirit

Post by AstralSpirit »

Kitty wrote: June 21st, 2018, 2:07 am

Sonia
NO worries, had to reload and got the URL this time... :clap:
kaye
AstralSpirit