[COMPLETE]The Tale of Jasper Jay by Arthur Scott Bailey - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jmcaine wrote: June 10th, 2018, 11:14 pmI've decided to re-do it with the pop screen back. I don't like it as it is. Sorry for posting prematurely.
no harm done, since Larry hasn't had time to PL yet, there has been no double work involved. Just name your new file exactly the same, then the new file will replace the old file in the Magic Window.

I also thought that DR (dramatic reading) would be a more accurate description for your project than "group project" since you are technically doing a dramatic reading with several voices in the same chapter. Any updates on your daughters forum accounts ?

Have a good start in the new week and good luck with further recordings. :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Kitty wrote: June 10th, 2018, 11:41 pm no harm done, since Larry hasn't had time to PL yet, there has been no double work involved. Just name your new file exactly the same, then the new file will replace the old file in the Magic Window.
Ok, I'll do that shortly. I just posted a complete chapter 2. I'll re-post chapter 1 tomorrow night, probably, after re-recording my part (the girls' parts are fine). I set it back to "open" rather than "ready for PL", in the meantime.
Kitty wrote: June 10th, 2018, 11:41 pm I also thought that DR (dramatic reading) would be a more accurate description for your project than "group project" since you are technically doing a dramatic reading with several voices in the same chapter. Any updates on your daughters forum accounts ?
That's fine with me. I'm a newbie here, and am learning. Re: my daughters... the printed, signed forms should be in the mail. :) Who knows how long it will take to arrive or process.

Thanks!
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Ha! They're not "in the mail" because I never looked up the address to put on the envelope... now that I read the form more closely, I see that it says "mail it to info@librivox.org" - an email address, not a postal address! So, I just scanned the three pages in and emailed the file off! Sorry for the misunderstanding... not sure where I got the idea that I needed to locate an address and snail-mail it.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jmcaine wrote: June 12th, 2018, 9:49 pm Ha! They're not "in the mail" because I never looked up the address to put on the envelope... now that I read the form more closely, I see that it says "mail it to info@librivox.org" - an email address, not a postal address! So, I just scanned the three pages in and emailed the file off! Sorry for the misunderstanding... not sure where I got the idea that I needed to locate an address and snail-mail it.
8-) yes I was puzzled when I read that you would send it somewhere via postal service, because I am not aware of a physical address for LV :lol:

Your daughters should have their welcome mail in their inbox by now and as soon as you let me know, I can open their reader's accounts and all will be official. :)

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Chapter 2 would be PL OK except that the volume came in too high at 93.3 dB. The LV target is 89 dB with a range of 86-92 dB.

Very heavy narrator part, but everyone is reading their parts close to the text, and it is seamlessly put together. You are definitely on the right track :D
~ Larry
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

silverquill wrote: June 14th, 2018, 9:48 pm Chapter 2 would be PL OK except that the volume came in too high at 93.3 dB. The LV target is 89 dB with a range of 86-92 dB.
Ah, that's easy to fix, sorry 'bout that. I didn't check it... and, now that I think of it, I remember instinctively thinking it was too high, but got side-tracked and never wound up checking. I'll fix and post. Tomorrow we'll post another one or two, including a re-record on chapter 1. We've had a busy week. Next week is more "normal", so hopefully we'll make some good progress.
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Kitty wrote: June 12th, 2018, 11:07 pm Your daughters should have their welcome mail in their inbox by now and as soon as you let me know, I can open their reader's accounts and all will be official. :)
Sure, go ahead and open their reader's accounts! Thanks! I got my oldest a USB microphone and might have her do a weekly poetry reading and edit with my help. She can probably start signing up for a section or two on her own if she wants, in addition to our family project. We'll see.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jmcaine wrote: June 14th, 2018, 9:55 pmSure, go ahead and open their reader's accounts!
all right, here they are. I opened them in alphabetical order, so I'm not sure I got them according to their age ;) but I hope that is not a source of discontent.

here are their personal reader pages, nicely one number after the other :)

AG: https://librivox.org/reader/12580
EL: https://librivox.org/reader/12581
MA: https://librivox.org/reader/12582

Can you tell me whether they all appear in EACH chapter, then I can assign them all to them. If in one chapter someone is not reading, I leave her name out for that chapter.
I got my oldest a USB microphone and might have her do a weekly poetry reading and edit with my help. She can probably start signing up for a section or two on her own if she wants, in addition to our family project.

If she starts posting herself and signing up for other projects, the BC may ask her to do a one-minute-test. Especially if she has a new microphone. It's probably only a formality though, as I know your tech specs will be up to LV standard by now. But they don't know that.

Great, now the family is registered ! :clap:

Sonia
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Ok, three more chapters ready for PL!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

just for info: for the moment I have credited the three girls to each section in the MW. I suppose they may have parts in each section. If that is not the case, Larry can easily remove one or two, whatever is appropriate.

Sonia
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Kitty wrote: June 20th, 2018, 1:10 am just for info: for the moment I have credited the three girls to each section in the MW. I suppose they may have parts in each section. If that is not the case, Larry can easily remove one or two, whatever is appropriate.
Ah! Right, I forgot... I was supposed to give you the who's for each chapter. I'll do this before long..... Sorry.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jmcaine wrote: June 20th, 2018, 7:46 am Ah! Right, I forgot... I was supposed to give you the who's for each chapter. I'll do this before long..... Sorry.
there's no hurry, as long as we get them right before archiving ;)

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

These new chapters are delightful, and PL OK. :thumbs:
~ Larry
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Ok... a couple more are posted!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jmcaine wrote: June 28th, 2018, 10:43 pm Ok... a couple more are posted!
Chapters 6 and 7 are PL OK!
~ Larry