COMPLETE Parson's Wedding by Killigrew - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

linny wrote: June 19th, 2018, 4:41 am Kristin, you and Rob both seem pretty busy now. Any chance of advertising for PL assistance? Act 3 was ready for PL on April 10th. All acts have been ready since June 3rd.
You're right, and I'm going away tomorrow for a festival. I've posted for it.
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
linny

Post by linny »

Are you sure you want standard PL. For dramatics I thought the final PL was reviewed with the script.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

linny wrote: June 19th, 2018, 6:13 am Are you sure you want standard PL. For dramatics I thought the final PL was reviewed with the script.
Shoot, forgot to add that. Fixed:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
linny

Post by linny »

Thanks! I'm excited. Maybe by the time you get back from your trip this will be all ready for you. Stay safe out there. :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

just for info, I will download Act 2 now and PL that one to help out :) I take it the missing lines are in now ?

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

The missing line is there. It's currently only 2 of the 3 needed readers for a group line. I was going to add the third after PL notes were given. Rob had started to PL 2 and stated he has some notes. I followed up with him and he said they were reader errors and didn't know if they would try to get readers to correct them or not. I don't know if he was trying for word perfect or not. Thank you for helping! :9:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok, just finished listening to the very lengthy act 2 :shock: Not an easy play by the language but the whole troupe did a great job :clap:

I have only a few notes to make, which I think could enhance the flow of the play:

> at 3:22: [Aside] – this seems to be one of those scripts where the aside comes after the related speech (that's annoying :? ). From what is said, I am quite sure this should be Jolly doing the aside. Actually the lines are spoken with a good “aside” intonation anyway, so the easiest thing would be to cut it out altogether ;)

> at 8:36: [The captain knocks] – it would make more sense to put those directions before Jolly says “Who’s that knocks at the back-door ?” :hmm:

> at 15:33: [She goes, and he follows her; she turns, and bids him stay.] – same here, this would be better placed before she actually says “I'll swear you shall not go in”, otherwise it’ll sound strange after the speech, in my opinion

The rest sounds perfect ! Good job, Linny :clap:

Won't have time for another act today, but I'll check in tomorrow if Rob doesn't have time.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: June 20th, 2018, 5:22 am Rob had started to PL 2 and stated he has some notes. I followed up with him and he said they were reader errors and didn't know if they would try to get readers to correct them or not. I don't know if he was trying for word perfect or not.
aww he already checked it ? :? so I did superfluous work :(

I heard only very minor reading errors, and didn't think they needed mentioning at this stage. It is not word-perfect, right ?

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Rob started checking it back on June 8th but then couldn't finish it so it still needed to be done. Thank you! Over an hour to PL is brutal. I really do appreciate your taking that one on. It took me two sessions to edit it.

So it's ok if I move narration around? I agree with your comments and thought it would sound better if some of the stage directions were before the action but I didn't want to go against the script.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: June 20th, 2018, 5:39 am So it's ok if I move narration around? I agree with your comments and thought it would sound better if some of the stage directions were before the action but I didn't want to go against the script.
a lot of old texts have asides mentioned after the fact, which is not really intuitive. Todd at least mostly moves them to the spot where they belong and fit better. It's not as if you were changing the actually script or play. And you don't move them to a completely different spot but only one line before.

Well, we can ask our BC, what she prefers before you change anything. :)

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Kristin is away on a trip. I don't know how long she will be gone. I think it will sound better and as long as it's allowed I'm going to take the chance and make the changes now. I can always move them back if that's what Kristin prefers.
Kitty wrote: June 20th, 2018, 5:25 am > at 3:22: [Aside] – this seems to be one of those scripts where the aside comes after the related speech (that's annoying :? ). From what is said, I am quite sure this should be Jolly doing the aside. Actually the lines are spoken with a good “aside” intonation anyway, so the easiest thing would be to cut it out altogether ;)

> at 8:36: [The captain knocks] – it would make more sense to put those directions before Jolly says “Who’s that knocks at the back-door ?” :hmm:

> at 15:33: [She goes, and he follows her; she turns, and bids him stay.] – same here, this would be better placed before she actually says “I'll swear you shall not go in”, otherwise it’ll sound strange after the speech, in my opinion
Also, please spot PL the all line at 31:53. I added in the third voice. "Which?"
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_02_killigrew_128kb.mp3 63:56
linny

Post by linny »

I don't have access to the MW. Maybe I should ask Todd? I would sure hate someone else to volunteer and listen to Act 2 again.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: June 20th, 2018, 6:07 am I don't have access to the MW. Maybe I should ask Todd? I would sure hate someone else to volunteer and listen to Act 2 again.
I can change the status, don't worry :) I'll Spot check now.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: June 20th, 2018, 6:05 am Also, please spot PL the all line at 31:53. I added in the third voice. "Which?"
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/parsonswedding_02_killigrew_128kb.mp3 63:56
I Spot PLed all the parts and it's flawless now :thumbs: PL ok. as I said before: great job. You must have sat hours at the assembly of this act :help:

three more acts...I'll try to get another one done tomorrow

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you for your help. I know these are long. Hopefully someone else will be able to help out and split up the workload.