Introduction

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
doviecross

Post by doviecross »

Hello, all!

I'm new here but I'm really excited to get started!

I'm a publishing grad student and while I'm primarily interested in design, I personally really love audiobooks. I have recorded my own audiobooks of myself for personal use in the past, though it's been several years and I'm going to go for better sound quality this time!

I love art and design, especially fiber arts like quilting and weaving. I'm a big history fan. Right now I'm listening to the Librivox performance of Geronimo and I'm just fascinated. I'm originally from the east coast but moved to New Mexico a few years ago and I'm enjoying getting a look at this new part of the US. I have two elderly cocker spaniels, a handful of chickens, and a cat.

I have some time this summer so I'm really looking forward to getting involved in the Librivox community.

It's a pleasure to meet you all!

Dovie
msfry

Post by msfry »

I don't know which Geronimo you're listening to, Dovie, but I notice one is a solo by Sue Anderson, Geronimo's Story Of His Life. Sue loves history too and coordinates our Non-Fiction Collections (55 so far, check em out at https://librivox.org/group/569?primary_key=569&search_category=group&search_page=1&search_form=get_results), and those are chock full of historical documents. Download any collection, listen at random, and you will learn a boatload of historical stuff you never heard of before!!!!! Add your own selections to the ongoing collection. That's Librivox! I suspect you are going to enjoy yourself around here, and hopefully make your mark. You could scare us up some western literature!!! Even organize a collection of purely "western" literature or short stories.
doviecross

Post by doviecross »

Thank you! I'm definitely going to check that out - just from the brief glance I've cast over the list so far, there is some great stuff available!