Hello!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Kirses

Post by Kirses »

My name is Kirstin and I'm new here! I am a poet and novelist in the Midwest (and I blog at ohmyfoes.blogspot.com if you're interested) and I'm really looking forward to getting started. I have been reading and recording myself since I was a little girl with a double tape deck and some scotch tape. The Dover books were always cheap and I could afford them with my allowance, so they were where I started. I have a deep love for a breadth of books within the public domain. I forgot how much I loved recording audio until I started recording some of my poetry on my phone to post to my blog, and suddenly it was like a lightbulb went off! I love this stuff! So hi! I'm here! I hope I can help with this amazing work.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hi, Kirstin, welcome to Librivox. I checked out your blog. Raucus poet, eh? I'm a poet with a poetry website too, and you just set off a light bulb in me . . . why don't I record my own poems for inclusion on my pages? I 'm told I squeeze the meaning out of each line better than anybody else . . . . because of course I know the whole story behind each line.

First thing to do to help around here is get your 1 minute test approved (per your Welcome Email). Then why not join us over at the Weekly and Fortnightly Poetry Projects. They are short and an excellent place to practice recording, editing, uploading, naming your files and such. And getting to know some of our long-time readers.

I'll be hosting a Fortnightly Poetry reading (commencing next Sunday or Monday), and invite you to contribute! Everyone reads the same poem, and listening to all the different interpretations is quite interesting. The current poetry projects can be found here:
Weekly: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70599
Fortnightly: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70528

I look forward to seeing you around the LV playground.