IB

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Anyone doing the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program?
FatimaA

Post by FatimaA »

What is that, Bhavya? I’m not familiar with it.

Fatima
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

It is a final year high school program which is internationally recognized - the equivalent of Year 12, A levels or whatever the final year of high school is called wherever you are.

Given our age group, I would be surprised if anyone were in that category. My daughter is closer to that age than I am!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Some schools offer it as an alternative here but I don't remember any of our members say they were doing it.

Anne
FatimaA

Post by FatimaA »

I'm a grad student, so I guess that one passed me by :wink:

I'm from Kashmir, but finished high school in the U.S.
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

I was asking about it because it has a core component called CAS, standing for creativity, activity and service. The volunteering i do at Librivox counts as service. However, whatever project I take up must have a supervisor. I was wondering who could be my supervisor for this activity, and was looking for suggestions by other IB students.
FatimaA

Post by FatimaA »

Where are you physically located? In what country? Perhaps there is a LibriVox administrator somewhere in your home country who would be willing to do this.
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

bhavya wrote: June 12th, 2018, 10:33 pm I was asking about it because it has a core component called CAS, standing for creativity, activity and service. The volunteering i do at Librivox counts as service. However, whatever project I take up must have a supervisor. I was wondering who could be my supervisor for this activity, and was looking for suggestions by other IB students.
Using Librivox for service can be tricky. See this section of our Wiki: Questions Regarding Volunteering. We don't have anyone who can sign forms or verify service performed, unless the recording duration posted on the catalog page is enough. We get questions about this regularly (for scouts, school projects, etc) but I don't know if anyone has been able to get service credit for Librivox recordings yet.
Laurie Anne
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

OK thanks!
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Just an update...I got the service credit. I contacted the coordinator with whom I have worked on most projects.
ShaneP12

Post by ShaneP12 »

bhavya wrote: June 5th, 2018, 9:27 pm Anyone doing the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program?
Yeah i am doing that diploma. Need help with anything?

Regards,
Shane.
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

ShaneP12 wrote: December 17th, 2018, 9:38 am
bhavya wrote: June 5th, 2018, 9:27 pm Anyone doing the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program?
Yeah i am doing that diploma. Need help with anything?

Regards,
Shane.
Thanks, but I figured it out. I just wanted to get CAS hours for this, and luckily I did!