[COMPLETE] Talmage In The Holy Land by Rev. T. DeWitt Talmage D.D. - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Twenty-five Sermons on The Holy Land by Thomas De Witt Talmage (1832 - 1902).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/twenty-five-sermons-on-the-holy-land-by-thomas-de-witt-talmage/
The Palestine sermons of Rev. T. DeWitt Talmage, D.D. delivered during his tour the the Holy Land ( to be changed later)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/twentyfivesermon00talm
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion

Keywords that describe the book: sermons, religous, t. dewit talmage

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of Twenty-five Sermons on The Holy Land. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Twenty-five Sermons on The Holy Land, by Thomas De Witt Talmage. [Chapter]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Twenty-five Sermons on The Holy Land, by Thomas De Witt Talmage. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      twentyfivesermonsontheholyland_##_talmage_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. twentyfivesermonsontheholyland_01_talmage_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by fiddlesticks on September 10th, 2018, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

It is usually a good idea to claim a few section in group projects before diving into a solo, but I would love to proof listen for you :D
~Tiffany
patsyburnette

Post by patsyburnette »

That would be awesome. :clap: I plan to read the book anyway, so I might as well record as well.
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Talmage and awatchman Nee are some of my favorite authors, I have BCed and PLed a few of Talmage’s books on here and thouraghly enjoyed them all :D
~Tiffany
patsyburnette

Post by patsyburnette »

Watchman Nee <---- haven't heard that name in so long :) I remember him coming to my church as a very old man when I was very young for a missions conference.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

How many chapters are in the book? We'll need at least a ballpark estimate of how many files there will be, so we can set up the Magic Window. (More sections are easily added, and extra sections are easily deleted by an MC. But we need at least a dart thrown at the wall estimate.)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

I would reccommend starting with 26 sections: 1 for "The Eve of Departure" and 25 for the 25 sermons that follow.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks, Dave. I was hoping the soloist would come back and post.

This is set up. A few notes:

1. You had an incorrect book title. I've corrected it for you throughout the template.
2. I've shortened the file name a bit - using "twentyfivesermons" rather than "twentyfivesermonsontheholyland" as the shortened book title for the file names. If you prefer the longer one, you may use it. :)

3. As you're the soloist, you're in charge of updating the Magic Window.

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked here: Instructions for Soloists

Video showing how to use the Magic Window (read the above document first - it has the information on how to log in for the first time, which this does not have):
Magic Windows / Section Compiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP4tcr1kl8

I've entered the first three chapters for you as an example. You can fill in the rest. DO NOT use regular quote marks. That will cause the section title to disappear on the files at cataloging time! Use two apostrophes instead. (That's what I used on section 2.)

When you upload a chapter, put the file duration (mm:ss) in the Notes field and the uploaded URL into the Listen URL field, and mark it from Assigned to Ready for PL.

I'll leave this in the Launch Pad until I know you've seen it and gotten into the Magic Window.
patsyburnette

Post by patsyburnette »

Thank you for setting up the magic window. Sorry for the late reply. Have been out of town. I have identified 21 chapters beginning with "Life's Great Voyage." I will adjust the window as needed. Thanks for all the links and help! :thumbs:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Sounds good. You won't be able to delete unused sections. I will delete them at leisure once the MW is filled in. :)
patsyburnette

Post by patsyburnette »

Thanks! :clap:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moved to Going Solo.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Patsy - are you still working on this project? :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Soloist hasn't responded. Moved to the Launch Pad for Fiddlesticks to make into a group project. :)
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Tiffany -

I would love to read Sections 2 and 3 if you like.

Lynda