[Complete]Mystery of the Ambush in India by Andy Adams - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

MYSTERY OF THE AMBUSH IN INDIA by Andy Adams .

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/mystery-of-the-ambush-in-india-by-andy-adams/
A Biff Brewster adventure story This is another story set this time in exotic and mystical India with much of the action around and near the Himalayas. This story brings together all of the friends that Biff Brewster has made in his previous adventures plus a couple of new friends, and involves his father and Uncle Charles once again, and the other members of his family. Some of the events are spectacular, and tension is held by the involvement of an international spy and other situations including riots in Calcutta, poisonous snakes, a mad tiger, and wild bears, as well as a strange religious cult.
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/files/51830/51830-h/51830-h.htm
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

Genres for the project: Action & Adventure Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: adventure mystery

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of MYSTERY OF THE AMBUSH IN INDIA. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "MYSTERY OF THE AMBUSH IN INDIA, by Andy Adams. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of MYSTERY OF THE AMBUSH IN INDIA by Andy Adams. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of MYSTERY OF THE AMBUSH IN INDIA, by Andy Adams. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename mysteryambushindi_##_adams_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. mysteryambushindi_01_adams_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      Please use your BC/DPL login.

(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: dlolso21/color]
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by lurcherlover on July 10th, 2018, 1:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've edited your thread subject line. :)

I'm full up on MC projects right now, but thought I'd let you know I made that little change. 8-)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Thanks! I knew I would mess something up!

Peter
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Peter,

I can MC this.

MW is set up.

I removed the section about ID tags, our cataloging software can take care of that.

I changed the uploader login section - you have a BC password so you don't need the generic one.

The only other suggestion I have for the first post to possibly shorten the file name.
to: mysteryambushindia_01_adams_128kb.mp3

David O
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

That's great news, many thanks.

Peter

Yes, that shorter filename is good.

I think I need a DPL?
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

I will be unavailable to do any DPL work until July, but if you can wait three or four weeks for me to start I would be happy to DPL this.
Tom Penn
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

That would be fine as I'm probably going to be away at some point between mid July and end of August, but only for a few days. In the meantime I can get a few chapters recorded.

Many thanks

Peter
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

moving this one over to Going Solo.
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

I just noticed that there are two different "Andy Adams" in the LV catalog, one is the 19th century writer of westerns, the other is a pseudonym for several authors who wrote these Biff Brewster stories. This book appears to be linked to the wrong Andy Adams. David: I guess you are the one to straighten this out??

Thanks,
Tom Penn
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Tom,

I switched it. I selected the other Adams originally because of the dates (now removed) after the author name in you first post.

David O
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Yes, we had this problem with the other books I recorded, I seem to remember. I was assured that the books even though written by other people, were all in PD.
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Project Gutenberg checks that before they make things publicly available, so you are good. The statement can be found on the Bibrec tab for each of their ebooks.
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/mysteryambushindi_01_adams_128kb.mp3

Chapter 1 Ambush in India - Andy Adams
12:58 duration
12.45MB

Peter
Last edited by lurcherlover on June 12th, 2018, 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Chapter 2 Ambush in India - Andy Adams

11.38MB
Duration: 11:51

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/mysteryambushindi_02_adams_128kb.mp3

Peter
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/mysteryambushindi_03_adams_128kb.mp3

Chapter 3 Ambush in India - Andy Adams

13:58 Duration