COMPLETE: Junior Classics Vol. 2: Folk Tales & Myths by William Patten - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Peter:

Your corrections were flawless. Both Sections 27 and 28 are pl ok. :clap: With respect to the Click removal tool, I've never changed the settings on it. The only setting I changed on the noise reduction is in the first box at the bottom. 12dB for the amount of the reduction instead of 8 (I have a tendency to have a lot of background noise for reasons I don't understand).

I use a headset mike so it sits an inch or less from my mouth. If you are using a stand alone mike, I think around 6 inches is sort of the standard. My recording volume slider is set to .46. You might be able to get away with even a little less, although let the mike do the work, don't shout in order to be heard.

Let me say that I'm an amateur at this (a long time ago I did a little radio work, but digital was no where in sight then). Sound engineering is not my thing, but I have picked up tidbits here and there from other librivoxers and users of audacity. (I am also currently playing around with my settings in audacity because I am temporarily suffering a medical condition which gives me slushy esses. If you heard my raw recordings, you would want to put on a raincoat every time I said an 's' sound. Fortunately, I have managed to reduced that in my finished work.) In particular, I recommend the videos produced by philchenevert, an experienced librivoxer who began creating videos on how to do librivox stuff. The link to the page of videos is here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Instructional_Videos

Peter, I hope all this was helpful. If I can answer anything else, please do not hesitate to ask. If I don't know it, I'll help you find someone who can answer the questions.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Angie:

Your reading was beautiful! The only thing that needs correcting is the end silence. If it had been at 4 sec, I probably would have let it go, but it's only 2. So make your file length 12:21 and re upload and you're there. Bravo! :clap:

Many thanks,

Philip
Esmina

Post by Esmina »

May I please do section 24, Prince Ivan and the Gray Fox.

thank you!
The more humans I meet, the more I love my dogs.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Adele:

Welcome to the project! Section 24 is yours!

Many thanks,

Philip
HarmonicPearl

Post by HarmonicPearl »

should be ok now... please double-check the PL incase i exported the wrong thing LOL but i think it's ok

12:21

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol2_11_patten_128kb.mp3
mparker

Post by mparker »

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Angie:

Section 11 is PL-OK! Nicely done!

Many thanks,

Philip
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Myra:

Thanks for Section 14. It is in the MW and ready for PL.

Philip
mparker

Post by mparker »

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Myra:

Section 15 is in the MW and ready for PL. I'll get this PL'd sometime this evening.

Many thanks,

Philip
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Myra:

Sections 14 & 15 are beautifully read! PL-Ok! Nicely done!

Many thanks,

Philip
jpfrcn

Post by jpfrcn »

I'd like to claim Section 54, please.

You can put it under my name--Ali Medved--in the catalog.

Thank you.
Ali M.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Welcome, Ali to the project and to Librivox!

You will need to complete a 1 minute test before I can assign you to read a section. The purpose for the one minute test is to see if your recording setup meets our technical specifications. It is not an audition. Should you need help adjusting your recording setup, we can help. Specific information on competing your one minute test can be found at this link: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

This link provides additional information that new users may find helpful:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Once you have uploaded your 1 minute test, if you will post a message here (in addition to where the directions tell you to) I will see it and can help expedite the process.

I have put a hold on Section 54 for you for the next 10 days (until June 22) to give you time to complete your one minute test. Once you have done that and are cleared to record, I will then assign it to you.

If you have any questions or things that seem confusing, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

Philip
pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

philip

here is section 29 recorded time is 11:57

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol2_29_patten.mp3

many thanks
pistol pete, CC
pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

philip

can i also put my name in for section 25

thank you