Hi, I'm new and don't have a clue how to start

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Luisa73

Post by Luisa73 »

Good morning, this is Luisa73.
I would LOVE to be part of your amazing initiative. I love reading books and I always loved reading them for others to share the feelings we could live through the story itself while reading it. I was searching for good application of good quality of books and I usually don't always like the monotonous robotic voices that are chosen to automatically read books in several books applications, so I prefer to read them myself. I started to read for my blind aunt when I was younger and then I kept doing so with my children and friends, often playing role plays. It's something that gives me satisfaction and excites me a lot. I love acting as the role I play it was me, feeling as the character feels for interpretation. My dream is to give voice to stories. I loved listening to "An ideal Husband" of Oscar Wilde with so many interpreters, such a good work. It has been like watching the story happening. Please, give me the chance to be part of your team. With gladness and appreciation, Luisa
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Hello Luisa,

Welcome to the community!

You've already made the first few steps on your journey. It's a great start! :thumbs:

You've received a welcome e-mail, I trust. It's been some time since I received mine, so I don't remember what it says. Was there something you didn't understand? In such a case it's better to ask specific questions.

We have our Wiki, the link is at the top of every forum page (here it is for your convenience). Start by looking it over and getting familiar with its structure. "How to volunteer" is probably the topic you'd like to peruse first.

Since you said you'd like to read, you'll need some way of recording your voice onto the computer. Does the "How to volunteer" answer at least some of the questions? If new ones pop up in your mind, don't hesitate to ask them. :)

It's good to have you with us.
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
msfry

Post by msfry »

Welcome Luisa. Your enthusiasm is nice to see and your explanation of how you enjoy interpreting the words was well put. You can find a copy of the Welcome Letter, with instructions on how to get started, in the First Post of this forum, all the way back on Page 1. And once you get some recording equipment together and pass your 1 minute test of your tech specs, you'll be ready to begin. You'll need to learn to edit what you've recorded, too. For that we have a bunch of Wiki video tutorials, and Audacity has a ton of You-Tube videos on editing as well. It's a process and takes awhile to master, but I think it's fun, there is no rush, and you will find lots of help if you ask for it.