COMPLETE: Junior Classics Vol. 2: Folk Tales & Myths by William Patten - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

Yea I noticed, what happened there? :shock:

And no worries if you don't get to it soon!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

I don't know exactly Foon. I had just posted a message on another board and then I was kicked out. I went to Archive.org (where the finished projects go) and saw that it was down for maintenance...and I think they may store our boards and working pages too. Then archive.org came back up and we stayed down...I was only able to get on again this morning. (I did catch up on some of my own reading work, however...so the time didn't go to waste.)

Many thanks,

Philip
Last edited by DrPGould on June 7th, 2018, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
HarmonicPearl

Post by HarmonicPearl »

Almost done with Section 11. Been working constantly so I'm sorry I haven't uploaded it yet! Only one more mistake to fix and a little bit of mastering. Should have it uploaded tonight or tomorrow! :-)

-angie
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Angie:

I'll look forward to hearing it.

Many thanks,

Philip
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Mayah 92:

Your sections were very nicely read. I enjoyed hearing them. There were just a couple of corrections.

In both sections 33 and 34, in the intro right before you read the Title and Author of the story the Chapter Title is omitted: "Chapter 8, Part 8, Myths of Greece and Rome then the Title and Author of the Story. In Section 34 it should be Chapter 8 Part 9......

Section 33 is otherwise ok.

In Section 34 at about 0:23 there is a repeat of Junior Classics vol 2.

Otherwise Section 34 is ok.

Many thanks,

Philip
pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

pistol pete, CC
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Thank you, Peter!

Philip
AllisonRose

Post by AllisonRose »

Hello,

I was wondering if I could be assigned
38, and or, 39?

Thanks
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Hello Allie!

Welcome to Librivox and Welcome to the project! I hope this is the first of many happy readings you do here. Before I can assign any sections to you, you must complete a 1 minute test. This is not an audition, but merely to see whether your recording set up matches Librivox technical specs (and if it doesn't to help you adjust them). I will hold Section 38 for you until June 18 for you to finish your 1 minute test. If Section 39 has not been claimed by the time your test is approved, I will then gladly assign it to you as well.

Here are the directions on how to do that. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

In addition to those directions, if you will post a link to test here on this board, I can help expedite the review process. Please let me know what catalog name you prefer (it can be your real name, your user name, or a pseudonym, if you have a website or blog that you would like us to link to).

Here are more tips for new readers that you might find useful: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

If anything is not clear or you have any questions, please ask. We're all here to help each other!

Many thanks,

Philip
HarmonicPearl

Post by HarmonicPearl »

section 11 complete. 12:18

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol2_11_patten_128kb.mp3

Only two things i noticed that i may have to fix:
1- There's only 4 seconds of silence at the end, instead of 5
2- At the top of page 113 Brunhilda says, "He revealed to me a wondrous thing i never before had known"... but I think i said "had never before known."

I'll fix them if i need to :)

Thanks!! -Angie
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Thank you, Angie. I'll get these pl'd shortly--I'm having computer difficulties, so it may be Tuesday before I get to them--but I'll try to get them earlier.

Philip
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Peter:

Sections 27 and 28 were very nicely read, but there are some issues which need correction.

Both files were loud. The checker checked them both in around 94dB which is higher than the 86.5-92 dB range which is acceptable here. Suggestion: Download the checker here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker and use it after you have recorded to insure your recording is within the range. (around 89 dB is a good target)

There were a number of loud clicks and background noise throughout the file. Use the "click removal" tool from the effect menu to remove or reduce the clicks, and run the noise reduction tool from the same. Because of the location of my recording set up, I have to do these three things on every file I record before I submit it. You may or may not have to do so.

At 1:59, 4:30 and 6:40 of Section 27 there were loud thumping type noises. They can be eliminated either by highlighting and cutting them out (ctrl-X) or by highlighting and silencing them (alt-L).

In section 28 there was a great deal of background thumping from the Intro through about 1:20 of the reading. Also a loud squeak at 3:25. The thumping can likely be reduced as you would in section 27, the squeak, you may have to re-record just that section and cut and paste it over the existing section.

Great job!

Many thanks,

Philip
mparker

Post by mparker »

Could I pick up chapters 14-19, all the stories of Lohengrin?
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Myra:

Welcome to the project (and to Librivox!) Sections 14-19 are yours.

Many thanks,

Philip
pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

philip
got checker downloaded. they are still on the louder side but if i reduce them to much i think i sound funny. when using the click remover and the noise reduction were do u have the settings.
i recorded first part of section 28 again. Also i how far away do u sit your mic and what recording level do u use.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol2_27_patten.mp3 7:54
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol2_28_patten.mp3 4:10

cheers
pistol pete, CC