Excited to join the Librivox family

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ambaumann76

Post by ambaumann76 »

Hi all!

My name is Alyssa. I am a wife and mother who loves a good story. I survived many (MANY) trips from my Phoenix home to CA and even a couple across the country to GA by listening to audiobooks. I so appreciate the craft of giving life to written word, so much so that I intend to turn it into a part-time job/hobby. Librivox seems like a great place to get some good practice and tips for the trade. I'm looking forward to reading with you all! :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hello Alyssa and a warm welcome to our forum :D

if you love books then you have found the perfect hobby here. Warning though: LV can be quite addictive :mrgreen:

The best way to start is doing a one-minute test to check that your technical specifications are all up to LV standard. Once you have recorded the test, just open a new thread in the Listeners Wanted subforum: viewforum.php?f=21 and maybe also include the microphone model and editing program you are using so we can give you more informed feedback. Someone will check your test and give you feedback and advice for corrections, if needed.

After you have passed the test, there's nothing to keep you for recording plenty of sections :9:

Have fun and wishing you a good start in the weekend !

Sonia
msfry

Post by msfry »

Addictive? Librivox? Reading the clever lines of gifted writers? Keeping company with intelligent scholars, akin to visiting the salons of olden times when they gathered to talk about the great ideas of the day? Naw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D