Hello, I’m Maranda

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
MarandaTrue

Post by MarandaTrue »

Hello!

I am a 27 year old college student from Michigan, USA, studying music education and vocal performance. Language, story telling, and performing have always been a passion of mine. I’ve listened to many audiobooks over the years and have recently started listening to LibriVox on my phone and researching how to get involved. I am excited to be here and look forward to collaborating with some of you!

Sincerely,

Maranda
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Maranda (interesting name) welcome to the forum fun.

judging by your study interests I have a hunch we may be seeing you over in the drama section any time soon :mrgreen: We're always happy to get additional talents in there. The more the merrier.

Before you venture into any major recording though, it would be recommendable to start with a one-minute test. This is only to make sure that your technical specifications are all up to LV standard. Just post your test recording in a new personal thread in the Listeners Wanted subforum: viewforum.php?f=21 (maybe include the microphone model and editing program you are using). Someone will check the test and give you feedback on it and once you have passed that, feel free and participate in any open projects you like. :)

Have fun !

Sonia
MarandaTrue

Post by MarandaTrue »

Sonia,
Yes, thanks. I am still learning audacity or it would be up already. Also, would the app, Voice Record Pro for Apple work? I’m still moving forward with audacity but just curious.
Maranda
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oooh, sorry, I am totally not a technical expert :lol: if you want to know more about this, post your question over in the help forum:
viewforum.php?f=23

but basically bottom line is: if you manage to get our tech specs correct, then whatever program you used is fine.

we need: Mono (not stereo) / Bit Rate Mode: Constant / Quality: 128 kbps / Volume between 86 and 92 dB (with preferable average of 89)

if you get those few settings right, then all will be well :)

Sonia