COMPLETE: Nan Sherwood at Lakeview Hall by A. Roe Carr - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 16 PL notes
9:48 volume - We’ve all seen enough of her to know pretty much what she would do at such a time.”
The volume on these words is so low I can’t make them out.

9:51 It’s your interpretation so this comment is optional. I don’t think “sniffed Mabel” was an actual sniff in this case but rather a certain ‘air’ in her tone, which you achieved. You might consider deleting the sniff.

Please extend ending silence to 5 seconds.
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 17 is PL OK! :thumbs:
ellies

Post by ellies »

I am so sorry. I did not know it would make extra work etc. It is just when I looked at it again, it seemed all over the place, because of the edits I did. I thought by re-recording it, there were few edits.
What would you like me to do with it.
p.s chapter 17 is 12:25 minutes
I will look at all the videos.
ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
linny

Post by linny »

Ellies,
No worries at all. I remember being new and it can be overwhelming. Since I'm filling in as the PLer on this project the time wasn't an issue at all so please don't worry about it.

17 is PL OK so nothing to do there.

16 has a couple of edits. Please do try and edit the existing file and let me know if you run into trouble. To extend the ending silence, copy the existing silence and paste it a couple of times until you have 5 seconds. After you copy a few times you might have more than 5 seconds so once you are done pasting you might have to delete some.

I find with editing I do best if I make the area much larger than it normally is. Use the magnifying glass tool with the +. I usually edit when every 0.5 seconds is marked along the top.

Again, let me know if you have specific questions. I'll do what I can to help. Please trust me when I say, editing WILL get easier. We all go through the learning curve.
ellies

Post by ellies »

Thank you so much linny. Here is the slightly revised chapter 16. I hope it will be ok.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/nansherwoodatlakeviewhall_16_carr.mp3

I am glad chapter 17 is ok-yay!
I had poor sleep last night so am very sleepy-early night for me! If there are any other corrections for chapter 16 I can do it tomorrow.

take care for now

ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
linny

Post by linny »

Ellies,
Chapter 16 is spot check PL OK. Thank you! :thumbs:
ellies

Post by ellies »

Thank you so much for your help Linnie ! Great news. If any other chapters of the book need to be done, should anyone pull out, I would love to help.
best wishes
ellies
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you! :thumbs:
Shphynx

Post by Shphynx »

ellies wrote: June 5th, 2018, 10:48 pm Thank you so much for your help Linnie ! Great news. If any other chapters of the book need to be done, should anyone pull out, I would love to help.
best wishes
ellies
Would you do my part? I assigned chapters 13 and 14, but had problems with the mic. It will be great if you take those 2 chapters..
linny

Post by linny »

Don't worry, these things happen. Even if she can't take your sections I can release them for another reader. Thanks for letting me know and I hope you will get your mic up and running again soon!
ellies

Post by ellies »

Hi yes, I can do if it will help. So sorry you are having issues with the mic.
I am just completing some other readings then will get back to these 2 chapters very soon.
best wishes
ellies
linny

Post by linny »

Thanks ellies. I'll put you in for them. :)
ellies

Post by ellies »

No problem at all :)
linny

Post by linny »

:thumbs: I must say that was the fastest orphan - reclaim exchange I can remember.
ellies

Post by ellies »

lol! I guess I am enthusiastic!